Glastocam!

pauladam

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I'd guess they would want to remove Pangea first....although with no sign of any activity all week I'm a bit dubious the rumoured removal this week is happening.

My guess is the spider will arrive, and craneface will be taken away on the transport that spider arrives on. 

In case anyone is interested,  here's a few things from my run today.

* powered by Idles

*urinals being attached to long drops on railway line. I can confirm that the longdrops at the Acoustic field still clang.

* high lift thingy working in the Glade.

* Joe Rush is busy in his workshop. No photos for obvious reasons 

* bin painting is going on

*The red jib part of the crane has arrived 

20220422_104343.thumb.jpg.b472d14e59847f4c799e428bc4d2e5b4.jpg

* Big Dog's favourite part of the festival is looking lovely in the sun.

20220422_110723.thumb.jpg.1088cda53cda2cdb04fa8b3cbfdc0712.jpg

* Mary's gate rainfall measure is at zero. All the tracks are hard and dusty.

20220422_111406.thumb.jpg.c8bd0c9f923993370323c0a78e9c8e1a.jpg

Apart from that its very busy. Lots of workers on site now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

I'd guess they would want to remove Pangea first....although with no sign of any activity all week I'm a bit dubious the rumoured removal this week is happening.

Yeah, not happening today, is it? 

I'm starting to think that the festival have purposely thrown some rumours out to muddy the waters. The info regarding the removal this week came directly from a very well-placed source.

I heard some other outlandish stuff last night that I'm not going to repeat. Again, it came from within the organisation but it's so nuts, it can't be true.

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, not happening today, is it? 

I'm starting to think that the festival have purposely thrown some rumours out to muddy the waters. The info regarding the removal this week came directly from a very well-placed source.

I heard some other outlandish stuff last night that I'm not going to repeat. Again, it came from within the organisation but it's so nuts, it can't be true.

I feel someone should say.... 'Try us'

Yes, the jib part of the crane has been visible on the webcam for at least a week now, and was even pointed out in this thread when it was delivered. Yet the "it's being removed" rumours persisted.

Funny how a rumour can take hold, when the facts are staring you in the face on the webcam.

4 minutes ago, Sku said:

Yes, the jib part of the crane has been visible on the webcam for at least a week now, and was even pointed out in this thread when it was delivered. Yet the "it's being removed" rumours persisted.

Funny how a rumour can take hold, when the facts are staring you in the face on the webcam.

Is it, whereabouts?

Was just having a random thought about the crane, obviously they’ve covered the thing in green paint to try and make it blend in and sneak it past the council planners, but the cab is also completely covered and last time there was a guy in their doing the operation. Presumably they’ve strayed it with something that’s easy to remove, but that must be a ballache? 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Is it, whereabouts?

Was just having a random thought about the crane, obviously they’ve covered the thing in green paint to try and make it blend in and sneak it past the council planners, but the cab is also completely covered and last time there was a guy in their doing the operation. Presumably they’ve strayed it with something that’s easy to remove, but that must be a ballache? 

Wood panel painted green? 

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Is it, whereabouts? Was just having random thought about the crane, obviously they’ve covert the thing in green paint to try and make it blend in and sneak it past the council planners, but the cab is also completely covered and last time there was a guy in their doing the operation. Presumably they’ve strayed it with something that’s easy to remove, but that must be a ballache? 

It's near all the containers around PGA. It's a bit difficult to make out on the webcam, it depends on the light conditions if it's easy to make out or not. I only realised it was the crane, because someone already pointed out earlier in the thread that's what it was, rather than because of my own supervision or anything.

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Is it, whereabouts?

Go back a page and @deebeedoobee has taken a closer pic of it today

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

have a huge fly attached to the crane that goes round - and the spider eats it at the end of each set and it reveals the next act,  who was in the fly the whole time