Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new information here but The Daily Star have just decided to run an article on Adele headlining.

industry insiders say the 25 star is a certainty to top the Pyramid Stage bill on the Saturday night.

A festival source told me: “It’s a done deal. There’s been a space in her touring schedule for it for months now.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/495562/Adele-Glastonbury-headliner-Katy-B-Kaiser-Chiefs-Zayn-Malik-album-artwork

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Why is everyone talking about Radiohead doing a secret set when the only actual information we have is on Muse playing, but not headlining?

Muse will be playing a secret set, Radiohead are headlining. This is the best fit for the information we have at the moment.

If it weren't for the persistent Muse rumours over the past few months I'd totally be believing this was the case right now. Maybe it still is the case, but I'm less optimistic about it

I'm really not sure where I stand on this. I reckon Glastonbury have got Adele but are wary that she could have a change of heart. I mean look what happened after the Grammys fiasco, media reporting she spent the whole day after in tears.

I think that Glastonbury have got Muse booked in some capacity just in case Adele does fall through. After they had to get someone short notice last year due to Foo Fighters I think they are covering themselves this year by booking Muse as well. I have no idea where they will play perhaps they are headlining the Friday and Adele the Saturday.

However, I really want to believe that they managed to get Radiohead this year but part of me just can't see it happening. I guess only time will tell.

Sit tight guys, its going to be a rough couple of weeks. 

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Why is everyone talking about Radiohead doing a secret set when the only actual information we have is on Muse playing, but not headlining?

Muse will be playing a secret set, Radiohead are headlining. This is the best fit for the information we have at the moment.

Because Radiohead have done a secret set before, and Muse haven't. After all, if something's happened before it can happen again, whereas if something hasn't happened before, it can't possibly ever happen, can it, S2H? ;) 

16 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I'm really more convinced than ever that the Roses will headline this year. They got their payday from the last tour and they've unfinished business at Glastonbury 

If the Roses really are, as we often hear, just in it for the cash then surely they'd play. A few hundred grand for a few hours work would seem to fit that agenda. The money not to play must be even greater! 

11 minutes ago, morph100 said:

How many of the Glastonbury sized holes are due to acts wanting to attend but not perform?

Very few, if any, I'd have thought. 

33 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Neil has said before that his info about Muse not headlining was for an announced slot, not a secret set.

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Neil has said before that his info about Muse not headlining was for an announced slot, not a secret set.

Which actually ties in to something Emily said in her 6 music interview where she announced PJ about special guest slots being programmed in this year rather than leaving a gap in the line up that causes speculation. Though she did go on to say that they would be on far out stages late at night - so Muse for 3am Hell Stage yeah?

Edited by Mash011

48 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No it's not, we have two pieces of info. One that they are heading and another that says playing but not heading on Sunday. The Radiohead info is that they are appearing with no mention at all about what type of set.

If I had to guess I'd say it's Muse, Adele, Coldplay with Radiohead doing a secret set, but Radiohead would fill in if she said no due to being there already. The point that RH weren't in the original plans pretty much points to the info we have that these 3 were (Muse for a long time at least), and provided they all say yes which 1 has and it's very likely Muse will then there is no headliner space for Radiohead. Neil's info which is very hard to believe would be the only way Muse drop down as it looks closer and closer his info puts Adele there.....and the line in all the papers and release reading the mega star Adele who is currently in the middle of her huge UK tour will headline Glastonbury.