Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Would a B2B with palms trax be more Patrick Topping esque? If so I'll be elsewhere!

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

🤐

Ben

For me the answer to this is a firm no? They played B2B at Fly Open Air in September and it was a pretty far removed from Topping’s brand of tech house.

Itll be a mixed bag, based on Fly probs closer to Jobs’ style than Palms. Pretty ravey, some techno. 

Edited by MaxPower
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Zacko said:

That's the first time I've seen a photo of the stage up close (previously I've only seen videos or photos from the back during the night time)

It's fucking massive isn't it? 

Here are a couple of videos I found on my phone, there were only a handful of people there at the start of Batu but it got busier as it went on:

• Upvote 1

Very infrequent poster on here but wanted to say I think that Silver Hayes lineup has a nice mix of old school and current sounds, especially gassed about the inclusion of LTJ Bukem, LCY and your Shanti, Moxie likes. Would highly recommend Shanti Celeste's latest Boiler Room with Technics and checking into Moxie's weekly NTS show. I'm the only consistent listener of electronic music in my group so have been given the daunting task of giving my pals a path in.

Was also wondering where people may see acts like Courtesy, Yu Su, Skee Mask, Or:La and Object Blue appearing if they are to play at the festival?

I'll admit my perception of Judge Jules is probably through a very specific lens. I've never actually seen him, I only know him from the Essential Mixes, Creamfields & Gods Kitchen recording's I ripped as teenager from Napster and Limerwire way back in the very early 00's. You can throw Paul Oakenfold, Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten and Scot Project in to that same category too. 

That said, I still think IICON felt very transient and sparce which I think in part was a result of the style of music vs. the size of the open space.

24 minutes ago, listenstolotsofcrap said:

Very infrequent poster on here but wanted to say I think that Silver Hayes lineup has a nice mix of old school and current sounds, especially gassed about the inclusion of LTJ Bukem, LCY and your Shanti, Moxie likes. Would highly recommend Shanti Celeste's latest Boiler Room with Technics and checking into Moxie's weekly NTS show. I'm the only consistent listener of electronic music in my group so have been given the daunting task of giving my pals a path in.

Was also wondering where people may see acts like Courtesy, Yu Su, Skee Mask, Or:La and Object Blue appearing if they are to play at the festival?

I could see Courtesy and Or:la fitting in nicely into the Beat Hotel's replacement. Skee Mask is a tricky one. I'd say his natural home is IICON, given his leftfield, multi-genre style.

object blue (for she is a lower-case artist!), again, could be IICON, but Silver Hayes might have been the natural fit for her...

Ben

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

That said, I still think IICON felt very transient and sparce which I think in part was a result of the style of music vs. the size of the open space.

Yeah it was new and massive. They also missed a couple of their big scoops - land one or two of those names and the outlook is vastly different. People would stick around before and after. 

I have maximum faith in the bookers as they've been knocking Block9 bookings out of the park for a decade. It's great that there's a place comfortable to chuck slightly more leftfield stuff, on a whopping bit stage, in a prime slot imo.

13 hours ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Great! That bodes well for Thursday night's festivities! 🙂

Here's a (very) recent set for those unfamiliar:

Thursday night at the temple you say - seems like this could be a great start to the weekend - bouncy, vocally, uplifting, jungly hard house. Oi Oi. 🤪

Edited by SouthbanKen

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've heard Friday night on IICON is Naughties Night. Live PAs from Ultrabeat, Cascada and Flip n Fill. 5 shots for £5, Hooch £1 a bottle

Went to Alfresco Disco a few years back and decided Hooch was the way forward as they were selling it at the bar. My teeth have only just recovered. 

26 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Thursday night at the temple you say - seems like this could be a great start to the weekend - bouncy, vocally, uplifting, jungly hard house. Oi Oi. 🤪

Don't mind me replying to myself - but this set is kicking off the sheezy. Just been added to my must see's i reckon. 

35 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I could see Courtesy and Or:la fitting in nicely into the Beat Hotel's replacement. Skee Mask is a tricky one. I'd say his natural home is IICON, given his leftfield, multi-genre style.

object blue (for she is a lower-case artist!), again, could be IICON, but Silver Hayes might have been the natural fit for her...

Ben

Yeah, I thought that may be the way it goes. Every time I've seen Skee Mask he's been alongside an act such as Objekt who I'd have thought would be solid for IICON, would be very nice to see him rock up. Will have to see how it all ties together but very much looking forward to what is in store.

I think of any Glastonbury stage i’m most interested to see what the iicon lineup will be.

Will they stick with the same programming style or go more mainstream to some degree (which i’m led to believe would be contrary to what they’ve said before)

(and by mainstream i don’t actually mean fully mainstream)

Edited by Twiggy553

3 hours ago, TheDayman said:

I'll admit my perception of Judge Jules is probably through a very specific lens. I've never actually seen him, I only know him from the Essential Mixes, Creamfields & Gods Kitchen recording's I ripped as teenager from Napster and Limerwire way back in the very early 00's. You can throw Paul Oakenfold, Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten and Scot Project in to that same category too. 

I've heard Oakenfold is playing this year if that helps you out mate. 

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Yeah it was new and massive. They also missed a couple of their big scoops - land one or two of those names and the outlook is vastly different. People would stick around before and after. 

I have maximum faith in the bookers as they've been knocking Block9 bookings out of the park for a decade. It's great that there's a place comfortable to chuck slightly more leftfield stuff, on a whopping bit stage, in a prime slot imo.

Also just a few funny framings, if that Hessle Audio set was billed as Ben UFO & co it would have gotten a better crowd. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Also just a few funny framings, if that Hessle Audio set was billed as Ben UFO & co it would have gotten a better crowd. 

Had a paragraph on this in my original post but deleted it as I didn't word it very nicely, but yeah, completely 

16 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Would recommend checking out Palms Trax at Dekmantel Festival 2019 
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/NNmTo

Hoping I can catch the b2b jobse set or another if he plays more sets throughout the weekend

yeah, the B2B session would be excellent - both know each other pretty well - and Job defo has a great knowledge of bangers that a UK festival crowd would lap up !