Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

Sounds fantastic! I'll check out one of their sets now - thanks for the super fast responses. Not my sort of dance at all really but quite enjoyed listening to them, would love to stumble across them mid-festival (or maybe plan to see them!)

As others have said, they are quite the spectacle and certainly throw themselves into it. Caught them up in The Spike last time around, on the Thursday night. Once they managed to sort out the cabling and it got going it was very entertaining. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Still never seen him. If he were to play that kind of set in Silver Hayes, I'd be there with bells on.

Ben

He was awesome in 2019, played an early set on IICON. 

I hope to catch him again

YouTube just threw up a blast from the past for me - Judge Jules. I see he's still active and in Ireland on the Saturday of Glasto.

He'd be great on Arcadia or IICON. From my lazy & limited Google search it doesn't look he's played the festival.

Also, apparently he's doesn't age too...

10 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

YouTube just threw up a blast from the past for me - Judge Jules. I see he's still active and in Ireland on the Saturday of Glasto.

He'd be great on Arcadia or IICON. From my lazy & limited Google search it doesn't look he's played the festival.

I'm not sure his sound would be fitting for either of those stages - to be honest. Especially IICON. I've seen him play a couple of times in the '90s. He was great (if you like that sort of thing!)

13 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

What's his style now?  Same as back then?

My last experience of him was Judgement Sunday's in Ibiza... but I was supposed to go to a Butlins where he was playing but it got cancelled by covid. 

48 minutes ago, David_303 said:

I'm not sure his sound would be fitting for either of those stages - to be honest. Especially IICON. I've seen him play a couple of times in the '90s. He was great (if you like that sort of thing!)

I dunno, from my very brief scanning of his latest stuff I don't think he's too far from the kind of style Fatboy Slim / Idris Elba played at Pangea in 2019.

I get you're point on IICON but I actually think that area needs a shake up this time around. Anytime I was there, I felt the music was a bit too heavy or "conceptual" (for lack of a better description) which I felt made the area a bit of a "yeah, this is is cool for 15 or so mins" rather than a "I don't want to leave". Kind of felt a bit transitional overall.

That said, I much prefer his Gods Kitchen days of the 00's than the radio friendly stuff so maybe I'm looking at him in the context of the wrong decade!

44 minutes ago, stuie said:

What's his style now?  Same as back then?

My last experience of him was Judgement Sunday's in Ibiza... but I was supposed to go to a Butlins where he was playing but it got cancelled by covid. 

Yeah as said above, pretty radio friendly it seems.

I've quickly move on to dig out the earlier stuff on Soundcloud. I'm sure I have a hard drive somewhere full of this stuff... The glory days of Napster and Limewire!

Edited by TheDayman

On 4/23/2022 at 1:46 PM, Dan Eazy said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ef64jsnmwcUxLSEuibH6UOjBTaMdlqW6lBNWzJWG1P4/edit?usp=drivesdk

Here's the template copied from the one from last year. Everyone should be able to edit it.

Didn't see this last time, this is great.

I'm wondering under the 'efester recommended' column, would it be worth making it "efesters" so that multiple efesters can tag on their recommendation too? I think it'd be cool to see if there are particular DJ's that a lot are recommending and also if there's efesters here with similar tastes it could work a bit like a "you might also like this" suggestion.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Didn't see this last time, this is great.

I'm wondering under the 'efester recommended' column, would it be worth making it "efesters" so that multiple efesters can tag on their recommendation too? I think it'd be cool to see if there are particular DJ's that a lot are recommending and also if there's efesters here with similar tastes it could work a bit like a "you might also like this" suggestion.

Great idea 👍🙂 

I've updated it, and please people, don't be afraid to go in and add your recommendations. I'm travelling at the moment without a pc but when I'm home next week I'll start adding a few based on what people have been saying in this thread. I often need help with the 'genre' but I know even that can be debatable these days with most artists that have a broad range.

Anyway... Go spreadsheet nuts! 🙃

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ef64jsnmwcUxLSEuibH6UOjBTaMdlqW6lBNWzJWG1P4/edit?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Dan Eazy
  • Upvote 2

Wow  I've found another newish DJ I like and playing Glasto. He does a lot of nods to 90s rave/ prog house stuff that I grew up on. He's going to be a must see for me. I imagine he's the type that will do a few sets across the weekend. 

Job Jobse.

His essential mix is great and also this Sunrise set at the last ever Nachtdigital - Olganitz 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/WBnBb

39 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Wow  I've found another newish DJ I like and playing Glasto. He does a lot of nods to 90s rave/ prog house stuff that I grew up on. He's going to be a must see for me. I imagine he's the type that will do a few sets across the weekend. 

Job Jobse.

His essential mix is great and also this Sunrise set at the last ever Nachtdigital - Olganitz 

That's lovely stuff. Sadly, for me, I think that his b2b with Palms Trax will be a set of stuff that just isn't me. Though I'm super happy that so many in the thread see that as a must-see. 

Oh, and Child 1 (now living in Berlin) and his mates managed to bag tickets for this year's Nachtdigital. They realised how close the release time was 5 minutes beforehand on their way home. Jumped out of the U Bahn and hotspotted a phone to a laptop and got them standing in the street! 

I have raised the young Padawan well. 

Ben

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Job Jobse.

Great tip - enjoyed Palm Trax too so definitely would consider seeing them 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Job Jobse.

Unreal pill set. My mate was there and just couldn’t stop talking about it. Would love a set like that at the Farm.

Judge Jules won’t play on Icon for as long as he’s got a hole in his arse. Ney chance. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

That's lovely stuff. Sadly, for me, I think that his b2b with Palms Trax will be a set of stuff that just isn't me. Though I'm super happy that so many in the thread see that as a must-see. 

Oh, and Child 1 (now living in Berlin) and his mates managed to bag tickets for this year's Nachtdigital. They realised how close the release time was 5 minutes beforehand on their way home. Jumped out of the U Bahn and hotspotted a phone to a laptop and got them standing in the street! 

I have raised the young Padawan well. 

Ben

Would a B2B with palms trax be more Patrick Topping esque? If so I'll be elsewhere!

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Unreal pill set. My mate was there and just couldn’t stop talking about it. Would love a set like that at the Farm.

yes indeed.

My thinking is he'll do a few sets and one will be like this. His resident advisor podcast session is also great: https://www.mixcloud.com/residentadvisor/ra462/

On 4/23/2022 at 8:55 AM, zero000 said:

Haven’t enjoyed a mix as much as the Job Jobse essential mix in some time. It’s sublime. Perfect type of house music for me (I’m not enough of a head to put a label on it) with dashes of trance. That b2b with Palms Trax is quickly becoming a must see. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0015ljb

It's a very long time since I've listened to an essential mix but I've this on this evening and it's sensational! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You’ve just reminded me I was at that:

3CFFD28E-2A9A-43F5-AAF5-32132AF4208C.jpeg

That's the first time I've seen a photo of the stage up close (previously I've only seen videos or photos from the back during the night time)

It's fucking massive isn't it?