Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 hours ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

I've seen plenty of house DJs in the Downlow (eg Harry Romero, Roger Sanchez, Erick Morillo). Greater chance of her playing in there than Genosys, surely?

Yeah you could be right, i never get in the downlow these days so hopefully she isnt just there or i may not see her! But her style would fit

Edited by Memory Man

Hello - been a while since I've been on here but looks like it's still going strong. 

Area lineups dance wise so far have been pretty strong I think

Great to see some chat about Job Jobse too, caught him twice in Manchester towards the end of last year and both sets were superb (and I lean more towards techno). Hoping he gets a solo set somewhere...sunrise would be perfect for him over in the SE corner (anyone remember him and Ben UFO b2b closing The Temple Sunday morning 2016?!) 

Didn't make 2019 so haven't experienced IICON but it seems perfect for the likes of skee mask/stenny/batu...🤞

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, davesrave said:

Hello - been a while since I've been on here but looks like it's still going strong. 

Area lineups dance wise so far have been pretty strong I think

Great to see some chat about Job Jobse too, caught him twice in Manchester towards the end of last year and both sets were superb (and I lean more towards techno). Hoping he gets a solo set somewhere...sunrise would be perfect for him over in the SE corner (anyone remember him and Ben UFO b2b closing The Temple Sunday morning 2016?!) 

Didn't make 2019 so haven't experienced IICON but it seems perfect for the likes of skee mask/stenny/batu...🤞

Welcome back, Dave. Yeah, IICON is pretty spectacular and I think will be even better now they're on 2.0 and have had three years to tinker. 

Stenny was superb following the Zenkers to close IICON on the Sat/Sun in 2019. It's going to blow your mind to see the way they video map the whole head structure...

Ben

Just now, zeppelin said:

Anyone got a link to an Amelie set? 

Pretty sure I'd be into it but would love to confirm 😃

There's an incredible 2018 Awakenings set linked in the thread a few pages back. She plays a bit faster and harder than that generally now, but you'll get the idea. 

Ben

• Thanks 1

Deep down was hoping Jamie XX could do an Arcadia set. Seeing bits of his Coachella set, looked like it could be one hell of a party. Perhaps 2023.

I'm sure he could still show up somewhere else, but Jamie's so popular these days, any time I've tried to catch him, it's been too rammo to enjoy at all, thus Arcadia's open space could have made things more bearable. 

Got some first timers coming this year, so going to have to find some room within the clashfinder to spend some time at the Spider for them. TSHA/Hopkins/Four Tet are probably the only things I'd be keen on seeing. 

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Welcome back, Dave. Yeah, IICON is pretty spectacular and I think will be even better now they're on 2.0 and have had three years to tinker. 

Stenny was superb following the Zenkers to close IICON on the Sat/Sun in 2019. It's going to blow your mind to see the way they video map the whole head structure...

Ben

Ahh can't wait! Got a feeling there will be a load of the Ilian Tape crew on IICON over the weekend hopefully

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

What do we think the chances are of Amelie being a special guest? She seems like too big a name not to be on the poster...

Supposedly The Chemical Brothers are also playing so I think they're just holding some pocket aces! 

39 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

As @TASHMA BWABWE says, maybe special guest or, I wondered, have they moved her to IICON to be a massive draw there and fill that field? She'd be pretty stellar there...

Ben

Given how the stages are all relatively independent, with their own bookers and budgets, is this type of stage switch realistic at Glastonbury compared to other festivals? 

5 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Supposedly The Chemical Brothers are also playing so I think they're just holding some pocket aces! 

Yeah but I'd kind of expect them to be a special guest given their history at Glasto and the connect with Emily.

Amelie seems weird because she's so big and has never been to the farm

13 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Yeah but I'd kind of expect them to be a special guest given their history at Glasto and the connect with Emily.

Amelie seems weird because she's so big and has never been to the farm

Some people were saying its so Calvin Harris gets top billing on the alphabetical order - not sure i buy it. We lost Aphex so maybe she fell too as well.

So do we reckon Four Tet is doubling up? 

The Arcadia set will surely be a DJ set, so could also do a live set wherever he ends up. 

Don’t think (but may be wrong) anybody has ever been on the main poster and just been at Arcadia. 

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So do we reckon Four Tet is doubling up? 

The Arcadia set will surely be a DJ set, so could also do a live set wherever he ends up. 

Don’t think (but may be wrong) anybody has ever been on the main poster and just been at Arcadia. 

Defo. We were talking about this today and we're pretty sure there has not been anyone playing only Arcadia who has been on the poster. 

I think received wisdom atm is on him headlining JPT, given that he's already done Park and his stock has risen significantly since then.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Defo. We were talking about this today and we're pretty sure there has not been anyone playing only Arcadia who has been on the poster. 

I think received wisdom atm is on him headlining JPT, given that he's already done Park and his stock has risen significantly since then.

Ben

Not sure how much of his light show her bring but it would certainly be better suited to a tent. 

He’ll also probably be back at Stonebridge you’d imagine.