Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That looks amazing, and Funkhaus too...

Child 1 absolutely loves the city, and is about to throw his own first event too, with him doing a 90 minute set of acid and breaks. He's becoming quite the little Berghain regular too.

Why do I have to live my life vicariously through my first born?

Ben

Lol - there are worse things in life than sharing a passion for something with your child and then watching them get really good at it. Can you imagine his first time DJing at Glastonbury and you down the front throwing some shapes!!

7 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Lol - there are worse things in life than sharing a passion for something with your child and then watching them get really good at it. Can you imagine his first time DJing at Glastonbury and you down the front throwing some shapes!!

I'll always remember being at Genosys at about 5am one morning in, I think, muddy 2016 and I feel this hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see Child 1 grinning, naked to the waist, looking somewhat worse for wear with his arm around a delightful young lady who was in no way his girlfriend.

Happy Days.

Ben 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Ah that’s sick Ben, enjoy!

Currently weighing up if I’m going solo clubbing tonight in Sydney as all my club-going pals are busy. 

Do it!

There's been a few times recently where my mate/s have left the club early, and often I'd probably go with them, but instead I've been staying and I do think it's always worth it. Worst case scenario you hear some good tunes and have a beer! 

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'll always remember being at Genosys at about 5am one morning in, I think, muddy 2016 and I feel this hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see Child 1 grinning, naked to the waist, looking somewhat worse for wear with his arm around a delightful young lady who was in no way his girlfriend.

Happy Days.

Ben 

😂😂😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That's the live 2019 WH headliner set. I think @nikkic is looking for his DJ set on the Spider two years earlier, which I've never found online...

Ben

Thanks, was afraid this may be the case.

Will search for some other sets of his instead.

29 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Happy Days.

Ben 

Ahaha unreal that 

I did notice that Folamour (Power to the PPL) was a big thing I thought was missing from that Silver Hayes lineup, (alongside Prospa & Fred Again.)

Seems like he's doing a South American tour at the moment, should be done by Glasto although but not too sure where else he could go except Beat Hotel 2.0?

Can imagine he might have been a bit too expensive. 

On that note, feel like Silver Hayes has ticked a lot of the boxes that Beat Hotel used to, so curious to see if they'll keep in that lane of music or if they will diverge a bit now. 

3 hours ago, Zacko said:

Anyway, off to Yard at Motion tomorrow. First dance in the UK since December! Going to be interesting comparing it to South America and Mexico (my usual findings are probably that us Brits go a bit harder, earlier)

Excited for Gerd, Fifi, Hammer, KK, and popping in and out of Dusky who are playing all day long on one stage.

Was supposed to be doing the same but i've been struck down with Covid, slightly less gutted seen as they took Palms Trax off the lineup though.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Was supposed to be doing the same but i've been struck down with Covid, slightly less gutted seen as they took Palms Trax off the lineup though.

Oh shit, Palms was supposed to be playing!? I bought tickets whilst away and without really looking at the lineup much. Gutted. 

Dusky have rereleased Flo Jam with two new remixes, and this post has me feeling all the 2012 nostalgia 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc7xzJnIH2e/

Might be because I was 20 in 2012 and everything is amazing at that age, but that era will forever my favourite time for electronic music. Black Butter and Swamp were the kings, house and garage and 'post dubstep' were all intertwined with each other and you'd see Boddika on the same lineup as Disclosure. 

2 hours ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

I have been very happy with Tidal since I made the switch a few months ago after it emerged that the Spotify CEO invests in military defence and I discovered Tidal pays higher royalties to artists.

Migrating my library of artists, albums and playlists was very easy with the tunemymusic.com tool, and only a very tiny number of tens of thousands of tracks weren't found. The whole process took me an hour or two. I paid a couple of quid for the premium version to complete the migration, then cancelled that and now have a free tunemymusic account which has come in handy for transferring a couple of Spotify playlists that have been shared with me. 

On the downside, I miss the Release Radar playlist, but there is a similar thing in Tidal with the notification feed and a new music playlist. I miss the friends feed to see what other people are listening to. The desktop Tidal app is quite buggy.

I like the Master quality recordings that were included with my three-month Hifi Plus trial for £1, but I won't continue on that tier once the trial ends because the benefits are fairly limited for the increased price of £20/month versus £10/month for HiFi.

Otherwise, the experience of using Tidal vs Spotify is near-identical and I am very happy with it. As a safeguard, I kept my Spotify account on the free plan in case of any issues, but haven't had to use it yet and will be deleting soon.

Hope that helps.

I only did a few trials with it - and thought it was okay but not enough to pull me away from Spotify - however with John Hopkins now experimenting with 3 dimensional sound, I'm keeping an eye.

That said, I also pay for YouTube premium these days (got sick of the ads) which comes with YouTube music, something I'm finding myself using more and more particularly given my penchant for electronic and listening to full live sets. Might be worth considering too @AshwaGandhi

Edited by TheDayman

42 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Oh shit, Palms was supposed to be playing!? I bought tickets whilst away and without really looking at the lineup much. Gutted. 

Yeah way back when, bought tickets pre-pandemic lol. Enjoy though should be a good one!

Edited by Mouseboy11

30 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I only did a few trials with it - and thought it was okay but not enough to pull me away from Spotify - however with John Hopkins now experimenting with 3 dimensional sound, I'm keeping an eye.

That said, I also pay for YouTube premium these days (got sick of the ads) which comes with YouTube music, something I'm finding myself using more and more particularly given my penchant for electronic and listening to full live sets. Might be worth considering too @AshwaGandhi

Thank you! Great suggestion 

2 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

I did notice that Folamour (Power to the PPL) was a big thing I thought was missing from that Silver Hayes lineup, (alongside Prospa & Fred Again.)

Seems like he's doing a South American tour at the moment, should be done by Glasto although but not too sure where else he could go except Beat Hotel 2.0?

Can imagine he might have been a bit too expensive. 

On that note, feel like Silver Hayes has ticked a lot of the boxes that Beat Hotel used to, so curious to see if they'll keep in that lane of music or if they will diverge a bit now. 

I had the same thought but @Ddiamonddhas ddabbed Folamour down (despite tbe very big glasto gap currently in his schedule). 

On Beat Hotel replacement - I had a similar thought, but there’s a number of names I thought might be on SH that are missing, Like Jayda G, Helena Starr, Louise Chen, CC Disco - so perhaps that’s the direction they’re going in?

Edited by MaxPower

On 4/15/2022 at 5:01 PM, Jay Pee said:

Thanks. Will have a listen over the weekend. Off out tonight so will give it a whirl when things are more chilled. 

Alright mate.

Here's the link to our new show if you fancy a listen again mate.