Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

So Skream’s just announced a London date for the Saturday night, 6 hours b2b so that pretty much rules him out of both Saturday and multiple sets over the weekend… I’m heartbroken but fingers crossed for a set somewhere across the weekend 

He's one of those guys who could pop up on almost any stage and he wouldn't look out of place, so fingers crossed! 

Part of me thinks we might get a J.E.S.U.S reunion as they've been teasing it recently, but I haven't actually looked at the tour dates to see whether this is feasible. 

7 minutes ago, Zacko said:

He's one of those guys who could pop up on almost any stage and he wouldn't look out of place, so fingers crossed! 

Part of me thinks we might get a J.E.S.U.S reunion as they've been teasing it recently, but I haven't actually looked at the tour dates to see whether this is feasible. 

well look at coachella, he doens't care what stage he's on 😂 but yeah i mentioned J.E.S.U.S in here a few days back but Jackmaster being booked seemed unfavourable on here as he's not really got many "big" bookings of late but that might be his way back in. He's always been someone i must see so i'm more than happy to see him and skream in any configuration

2 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

So Skream’s just announced a London date for the Saturday night, 6 hours b2b so that pretty much rules him out of both Saturday and multiple sets over the weekend… I’m heartbroken but fingers crossed for a set somewhere across the weekend 

I was really hoping for a dubstep set at Glastonbury after seeing the videos from Coachella. He could still be there Thursday and/or Friday and he’s not one to miss out on a party. 

That B2B is obviously Benga. 

5 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

surely not, nowhere at all? even a disco set somewhere rogue ?

Sadly not. He's so intensely in demand, there were a spate of European fests all with big offers in for him — live and DJ, as he's mixing it up atm — and Glasto were just not yet ready to jump. No foul play, just didn't line up.

His agency has booked some of the most exciting IICON/Silver Hayes acts for this year though, so fear not. Still tons of amazing stuff to come. Just lacking one bobbing bucket hat.

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sadly not. He's so intensely in demand, there were a spate of European fests all with big offers in for him — live and DJ, as he's mixing it up atm — and Glasto were just not yet ready to jump. No foul play, just didn't line up.

His agency has booked some of the most exciting IICON/Silver Hayes acts for this year though, so fear not. Still tons of amazing stuff to come. Just lacking one bobbing bucket hat.

ahh huge shame, but yeah completely get how in demand he is, it's not without justification either. i was lucky to catch him at lost village but i know a few in my group were keen to see him - and i've no doubt the rest of the lineup is enough a plaster over that wound!

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

IICON, Silver Hayes, Stonebridge and Block9, I should clarify. Some majorly tasty competition for the night time beckons. It's getting close...

Just what the festival - and the south east corner in particular - needs. Crowds evenly spread across the site. They're getting better at this, year on year. This year it sounds like Mr Ambassador is really spoiling us...

14 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

IICON, Silver Hayes, Stonebridge and Block9, I should clarify. Some majorly tasty competition for the night time beckons. It's getting close...

Ah, ya bloody tease, man! 

It's funny how no-one ever seems to discuss the Unfairground in here. Do any threaders ever spend any/some/much/lots of time there? I always go through the line-up with a fine tooth comb and come up with...not a fat lot. Have seen one (superb) set there 'ever' and that was Radioactive Man playing live electro. 

Ben

27 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just what the festival - and the south east corner in particular - needs. Crowds evenly spread across the site. They're getting better at this, year on year. This year it sounds like Mr Ambassador is really spoiling us...

Exactly this. 

Will make the SE corner so much more enjoyable, as well as ensuring the rest of the festival has a party vibe long into the night. 

24 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's funny how no-one ever seems to discuss the Unfairground in here. Do any threaders ever spend any/some/much/lots of time there? I always go through the line-up with a fine tooth comb and come up with...not a fat lot. Have seen one (superb) set there 'ever' and that was Radioactive Man playing live electro. 

Ben

I think I saw 808 State down there one year? Did intend on it, and not sure I realised it was then at the time; just kind of stumbled upon it, had an amazing time. And looked who it was after. 

OK so as mentioned a while back I’m totally out of touch with what’s hot & what’s not in modern dance… However! This came up on a Spotify playlist the other day and is 150% right up my street:

Would absolutely love to find more in this vein, both at the festival and more generally to listen to.

So, what would you call this? Seems to be described as melodic house in some comments - would that be the closest?

And where can I find more like this? 😁

4 minutes ago, e_p said:

None of the sets posted recently seem hard to me. Certainly not nosebleed techno.  Hoping that someone on Genosys or IIcon mighit actually bang it out 

Fuck me! 

I promise I'm not taking the piss or being a dick when I ask - how does anyone dance to that?! There was a small venue at Boomtown for Hi-Tech and it was smashing that out all day and night. Just could not work out how I would move to it.

I have to be honest and say that I doubt there will be much of that kind of sound on the Farm, but I could be way off the mark. 

Ben

42 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I saw Max cooper there last time. It was the gas tower and I'm a bit fuzzy about if that actually counts as the unfair ground. Great AV live show though.

43 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Did Kosheens headline slot in 2019. Was decent. I kind of thought it was part of Block 9 albeit slightly different. 

Just now, Leyrulion said:

I saw Max cooper there last time. It was the gas tower and I'm a bit fuzzy about if that actually counts as the unfair ground. Great AV live show though.

For some reason I had in my head the Gas Tower was in Shangri-La? 

Not even the hardest.  Loftgroover would go further. But my point is that 140 just isn’t that fast or hard.  I’m just amazed people call any of the sets posted here that hard.  I’ve definitely seen stuff like this in the Unfairground before - Producer etc.  

11 minutes ago, e_p said:

Not even the hardest.  Loftgroover would go further. But my point is that 140 just isn’t that fast or hard.  I’m just amazed people call any of the sets posted here that hard.  I’ve definitely seen stuff like this in the Unfairground before - Producer etc.  

HMS used to play stupid fast/hard gabba.

14 minutes ago, e_p said:

You need to get yourself over to Holland. I went to Mysteryland a couple years ago. Hard dance and gabba everywhere. Angerfist and Miss K8 in were particularly intense. Not my thing exactly but I stayed around for a bit watching those crazy kids enjoying it. All good energy. 

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

OK so as mentioned a while back I’m totally out of touch with what’s hot & what’s not in modern dance… However! This came up on a Spotify playlist the other day and is 150% right up my street:

Would absolutely love to find more in this vein, both at the festival and more generally to listen to.

So, what would you call this? Seems to be described as melodic house in some comments - would that be the closest?

And where can I find more like this? 😁

I'd say Silver Hayes (albeit slightly less than in previous years). Out of the names on the poster you'd expect Gorgon City, Patrick Topping, Sarah Storey and Sonny Fodera to play these kinda tunes! 

• Upvote 1