Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

8 hours ago, rgalbraith said:

Nick Warren is a legend at Glasto. He is usually up The Rabbit Hole on Thursday nights too. Always have a crazily great time there but sometimes I go too hard too early and ruin the rest of the festival!!!

Pretty funny Nick Warren plays in the rabbit hole.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

also currently locked into this, and there can't be many better party starters out there right now, he's gone from a few people to the crowd rocking. has to be somewhere this year

edit:

ignroe just seen @Ddiamondd’s post. That’s really surprising felt like he was nailed as he’s been and is playing everywhere and has that AV show. Weird non-booking.

No odds to me I’ve seen him like 5 times over the years but feels a missed boat for both parties! He’s a legend too

Edited by MaxPower

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ah, ya bloody tease, man! 

It's funny how no-one ever seems to discuss the Unfairground in here. Do any threaders ever spend any/some/much/lots of time there? I always go through the line-up with a fine tooth comb and come up with...not a fat lot. Have seen one (superb) set there 'ever' and that was Radioactive Man playing live electro. 

Ben

I was there for that! Great set. 😃

Also caught Jagz Kooner play a blinder at his own Jagz Acid House one year. That was memorable!

5 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

They should have Max Cooper headline Other or WH in 2023

His current AV show would be incredible through the WH system. Sadly, I don't think he is, or will be, nearly big enough to get a slot like that. 1am Gas Tower to West Holts closer is a gargantuan jump. 

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

That would do nicely! However, the visuals for this current show are unquestionably the best I've *ever* seen, and you'd need WH or bigger to do them justice. 

Ben

Ahh yes, of course. Probably the Glade's Achilles heel, visuals (from a screen point of view). Long time ago, maybe 2011, DJ Yoda did an AV set mid-afternoon. Massive tech issues, it was too light and the screen was too small. That said, it was worth going just to see him mix the Super Mario theme tune into Head Over Heels by Tears For Fears 😂

I wonder if there is scope to improve the visuals in the Glade? 

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ahh yes, of course. Probably the Glade's Achilles heel, visuals (from a screen point of view). Long time ago, maybe 2011, DJ Yoda did an AV set mid-afternoon. Massive tech issues, it was too light and the screen was too small. That said, it was worth going just to see him mix the Super Mario theme tune into Head Over Heels by Tears For Fears 😂

I wonder if there is scope to improve the visuals in the Glade? 

Can’t say I’ve ever spent that much time in the glade but I did see Jon Hopkins there in 2014 or 15 at the AV was pretty good?

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That surprises me, given your obvious love for the beats. It's my favourite stage. For me it's the heart of the festival

Yeah it surprises me too. I think perhaps a lot of the music is often a little more old school in nature (early 2000’s?) which passed me by a bit. 

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That surprises me, given your obvious love for the beats. It's my favourite stage. For me it's the heart of the festival

I love everything about the Glade (location, sound system, being in the heart of the site, fantastic vibe...), except the bloody floor! It's sooooo rocky and uneven, which is 'ok' for bands, but I don't want to be thinking about what my feet are landing on when I'm dancing! Saying that, I've had some right rollicking times in there.

Ben

52 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Given everything you've posted we've probably been stood next to each other an awful lot haha

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

They should have Max Cooper headline Other or WH in 2023

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

That would do nicely! However, the visuals for this current show are unquestionably the best I've *ever* seen, and you'd need WH or bigger to do them justice. 

Ben

I had the pleasure of seeing Max Cooper for the first time, last summer at Warm Up.  Bloody beautiful moment that was. 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've somehow never been to the Glade in four festivals, I'm not actually sure where it even is ya know!? Must remedy that.

Anyway, off to Yard at Motion tomorrow. First dance in the UK since December! Going to be interesting comparing it to South America and Mexico (my usual findings are probably that us Brits go a bit harder, earlier)

Excited for Gerd, Fifi, Hammer, KK, and popping in and out of Dusky who are playing all day long on one stage.

Just want to say that in one week's time I will be out at a techno club in Berlin!

(No, not that one)

Am taking my Mum there for her birthday, to see the city and visit Child 1. And the young 'un is taking me out. It'll be my first time clubbing in Berlin. I hope he can keep up.

Ben

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just want to say that in one week's time I will be out at a techno club in Berlin!

(No, not that one)

Am taking my Mum there for her birthday, to see the city and visit Child 1. And the young 'un is taking me out. It'll be my first time clubbing in Berlin. I hope he can keep up.

Ben

Amazing! 

I've only been three times, but I always leave that city absolutely convinced that I need to move there. NYE there in 2017/2018 with this lineup was quite an experience, I think we managed 16 hours before we decided we needed to either leave or end up the hospital 😆 

HYTE NYE Berlin 2017 at Funkhaus Berlin, Berlin

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

(No, not that one)

Ben

Ah that’s sick Ben, enjoy!

Currently weighing up if I’m going solo clubbing tonight in Sydney as all my club-going pals are busy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Amazing! 

I've only been three times, but I always leave that city absolutely convinced that I need to move there. NYE there in 2017/2018 with this lineup was quite an experience, I think we managed 16 hours before we decided we needed to either leave or end up the hospital 😆 

HYTE NYE Berlin 2017 at Funkhaus Berlin, Berlin

That looks amazing, and Funkhaus too...

Child 1 absolutely loves the city, and is about to throw his own first event too, with him doing a 90 minute set of acid and breaks. He's becoming quite the little Berghain regular too.

Why do I have to live my life vicariously through my first born?

Ben

• Upvote 1