Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Defo. We were talking about this today and we're pretty sure there has not been anyone playing only Arcadia who has been on the poster. 

I think received wisdom atm is on him headlining JPT, given that he's already done Park and his stock has risen significantly since then.

Ben

JPT makes sense to me. But I did like the suggestion the other day of West Holts, given Bonobo is supposedly subbing.

Yeah i see four tet on john peel myself. Big artist these days and will draw a strong crowd. Park he’s done, west holts a bit big and outdoor (and alternative headliners suit better) so john peel ticks boxes for indoor and size appropriate thats not been done. Annie mac has essentially dj’d john peel before so it wouldnt even need to be him doing a live set which are fairly rare these days.

arcadia should be in addition and i suspect he’ll pop up in the morning / very early afternoon at stonebridge as before too

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think received wisdom atm is on him headlining JPT, given that he's already done Park and his stock has risen significantly since then.

The stage prediction thread seems to think otherwise, see a lot of people saying WH Bonobo > FT which does seem quite possible.

Wouldn't mind FT > Bonobo, as I'm going to see him soon, I could skip the end & head to Downlow early for once in my life 😝 

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Personally i dont see them doubling up electronic headliners on west holts. Bicep are the quota for the year in my opinion but we’ll see. Its harder to predict as theres no obvious heritage headliner for west holts announced

The lack of one on Other (very rare it seems) could influence them doubling up maybe. Given how stacked Arcadia is it may not be necessary honestly.

I hope we get Skream

41 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's all gone off a bit re: Nina K in the Arcadia thread...

Ben

I hadn't seen...

Hoping Amelie Lens plays anyway!

Re: Techno, I am presuming the Glade will have my fill. Normally there is more on Arcadia than we have so far. Was hoping for Enrico Sanguiliano on Arcadia.

3 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Deep down was hoping Jamie XX could do an Arcadia set. Seeing bits of his Coachella set, looked like it could be one hell of a party. Perhaps 2023.

I'm sure he could still show up somewhere else, but Jamie's so popular these days, any time I've tried to catch him, it's been too rammo to enjoy at all, thus Arcadia's open space could have made things more bearable. 

Got some first timers coming this year, so going to have to find some room within the clashfinder to spend some time at the Spider for them. TSHA/Hopkins/Four Tet are probably the only things I'd be keen on seeing. 

That Coachella set looked like a VIBE. I didn't realise the footage of the dancers was taken from the crowd, I assumed it was old 90s rave footage or something but apparently they were professional dancers. 

He's a hard one to place these days as he's headlining mid size festivals outright (buzzing for Forwards in September). His size in turn makes it even harder to place The xx, he's almost eclipsed them in some senses. Dream slot for me would be a Pyramid sub. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Defo. We were talking about this today and we're pretty sure there has not been anyone playing only Arcadia who has been on the poster. 

Ben

This may be discussed later down, but we now know Primal Scream are headlining JPT on the Friday, which actually leaves me stumped as to where Four Tet is playing - as his tour dates have him on Friday.

could he be West Holts?

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

That Coachella set looked like a VIBE. I didn't realise the footage of the dancers was taken from the crowd, I assumed it was old 90s rave footage or something but apparently they were professional dancers. 

He's a hard one to place these days as he's headlining mid size festivals outright (buzzing for Forwards in September). His size in turn makes it even harder to place The xx, he's almost eclipsed them in some senses. Dream slot for me would be a Pyramid sub. 

46 minutes ago, Bradders said:

He was awful at All Points East last year. He’ll need to do better than that to get anywhere close to a Pyramid sub.

Yeah that was the single worst headline set I’ve ever experienced. People streaming out the gates by the half way mark, I left myself before the end as think my girlfriend was going to go through me if I made her bare it any longer.

Probs just a one-off of what I’ve seen the responses to him elsewhere have been in past 2 year, but Jesus it put me off ever been near a Jamie XX set again.

14 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

This may be discussed later down, but we now know Primal Scream are headlining JPT on the Friday, which actually leaves me stumped as to where Four Tet is playing - as his tour dates have him on Friday.

could he be West Holts?

Headlining West Holts after Bonobo seems likely to me

9 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Yeah that was the single worst headline set I’ve ever experienced. People streaming out the gates by the half way mark, I left myself before the end as think my girlfriend was going to go through me if I made her bare it any longer.

Probs just a one-off of what I’ve seen the responses to him elsewhere have been in past 2 year, but Jesus it put me off ever been near a Jamie XX set again.

I actually heard similar from a mate! How come it was so bad? I think I remember my pal saying it was all just a bit...'undancey'! 

Favourite ever run was him subbing Frank Ocean at Lovebox. Stuff of dreams for me as he was unleashing pure disco shellers and tearbangers (but probably biased if you see my profile picture haha)

Just now, Quark said:

Bonobo into Four Tet has a good Friday night written all over it

I'm trying not to get my hopes up about this in case it doesn't happen. But My God I'd love it. Prime position for SEC afterwards as well (although the Arcadia lineup is even more tasty this year).