Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

44 minutes ago, Quark said:

I generally have very little to contribute on this thread and I just know that Chalmers and Benny will nod politely and humour me when I do dip in, but having only relatively recently discovered that I like electronica way more than I thought I did I'm probably in a similar boat.

I've discovered a big love for Etherwood and London Elektricity, both drum & bass but very melodic. Etherwood in particular is very chilled.

Call me Garry.

And you're always welcome in here. Love the Liquid DnB, do you? Nice. Who else do you like?

23 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/79AK8gBFQ8ippUgZtbQ2yF?si=CxpQz3rZRRCEbG-8ML_R1A

Made a playlist from the helpful list above as I don’t really know where to start either so put the ones I could find into a Spotify playlist. 

If anyone’s got anymore I’d be happy to add. 

Cracking playlist here, given it a follow! 

some potential additions

underworld - Rez 

Luvstruck - Southside Spinners 

Space Cowboy - Jamiroquai (Morales Mix)

Fluke - Groovy Feeling 

35 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Call me Garry.

And you're always welcome in here. Love the Liquid DnB, do you? Nice. Who else do you like?

Haven't explored it as a genre beyond that tbh! Like most stuff (and as people have picked up on me from here) I can dip in and out of a lot of stuff,  bit of a magpie. In electronica terms I'd pick out Lane 8, Jon Hopkins, Kolsch, Palmbomen, Hiro Ama, Floating Points, Bicep, Caribou. Also have a soft spot for euphoric trance type stuff, but that's mainly from gym playlists.

Make of that what you will 😂

Edited by Quark

13 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Cracking playlist here, given it a follow! 

some potential additions

underworld - Rez 

Luvstruck - Southside Spinners 

Space Cowboy - Jamiroquai (Morales Mix)

Fluke - Groovy Feeling 

I can't find the original, but heres some more suggestions: 

Black water- Octave one

Rej- Ame 

The Time is now- Moloko Francios K vocal mix 

The Cure the Cause- Fish go deep

Make the world go round - Sandy B 

Deep inside- Hardrive

13 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/79AK8gBFQ8ippUgZtbQ2yF?si=CxpQz3rZRRCEbG-8ML_R1A

Made a playlist from the helpful list above as I don’t really know where to start either so put the ones I could find into a Spotify playlist. 

Some of the regulars will be able to contribute a bit more techno, I've just gone for entry level house classics and a few choice rave/jungle/breaks, atm. In all honesty though, there are literally thousands of incredible records. I'll chuck a few more in from memory (some of these won't be on Spotify but they'll be on YouTube):

Justice - Alakazam!

DJ DD Hass & X 10 CIV - Hi Tec Muuusic

Intense - The Genesis Project

Foul Play - Being With You

The Invisible Man - Twisted

Adam F - Circles

Hackney Hardcore - Dancehall Dangerous

Felix Da Housecat - Silver Screen Shower Scene (Thin White Duke remix)

Sylvester - Do You Wanna Funk?

Henry Saiz - It's Not Over

Tong & Rogers - Where's the Music Gone?

Firefox - Buck Rogers

Cirez D - On/Off

Q-Project - Champion Sound (Alliance remix)

Gat Decor - Passion

Athema - Nebula II

DJ Hazard - Mr Happy

Nox Vahn & Marsh - Come Together

Underworld - Two Months Off

Brodinski - Let the Beat Control Your Body

Top Cat - Request the Style (Special Request remix)

Kolsch - Left Eye Left

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

Haven't explored it as a genre beyond that tbh! Like most stuff (and as people have picked up on me from here) I can dip in and out of a lot of stuff,  bit of a magpie. In electronica terms I'd pick out Lane 8, Jon Hopkins, Kolsch, Palmbomen, Hiro Ama, Floating Points, Bicep, Caribou. Also have a soft spot for euphoric trance type stuff, but that's mainly from gym playlists.

Make of that what you will 😂

Hmmmm, I reckon you'd like some of the Anjunadeep stuff, then. Here's a set I rinsed good and proper a while back that you might enjoy.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Hmmmm, I reckon you'd like some of the Anjunadeep stuff, then. Here's a set I rinsed good and proper a while back that you might enjoy.

Ta, something to watch later!

Part of me is tempted to just try to hang on to @bennyhana22's coat tails for a night and see what I discover.

Apart from blisters. Definitely blisters.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I generally have very little to contribute on this thread and I just know that Chalmers and Benny will nod politely and humour me when I do dip in, but having only relatively recently discovered that I like electronica way more than I thought I did I'm probably in a similar boat.

I've discovered a big love for Etherwood and London Elektricity, both drum & bass but very melodic. Etherwood in particular is very chilled.

Woah, woah! We're an inclusive, equal opportunities, non-judgmental music snob collective in 'ere!

Seriously though, just bowled over by how the thread has caught fire this year. Given how many proper ravers there are at the Farm, I've always been surprised at how small the group is in the thread, tho I know there is a lot of (very welcome) lurking. Most people on here are much more knowledgeable than me, I just love this scene with toddler-like excitement. All are welcome. Especially you, lovely boy. 

Ben
x

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Still just in awe of this. Remember the first time I heard it, at one of his Brixton all-nighters*, and it felt like it went on for half an hour.

*Pretty sure I got my ticket off of someone on here? @Tuna, perhaps?

Yep think so! You have a better memory of that night than me though, don't think I remember hearing this at brixton ever 😬

2 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Can we put Little Fluffy Clouds by the Orb in there?  Seems like a must have if we're covering the classics.

4 hours ago, David_303 said:

I've always loved this - just for how bonkers it is:

I was at home after work on a Friday, Annie Mac on the radio, this had just been released and was her tune of the week and I just got lost in it and loved it. Mrs SBK walks in from the car having just had exactly the same experience listening to it on her way home. For something so mundane it was such an amazing experience that will stay with me forever. It’s some fucking tune. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Nice...he's done some cracking remixes over the years, I reckon.

After playing this out for a while, he's finally cleared the sample for this banger. Expect to hear it on several dancefloors over the summer:

Been hoping he'd release this ever since hearing it on his Lost Village set. Hell of a track. Thanks for this one

New EPs released today by both Marlon Hoffstadt AKA DJ Daddy Trance & Krystal Klear

https://marlonhoffstadt.bandcamp.com/album/moments-of-extasy-mt014 

https://krystalklear1.bandcamp.com/album/connect-ep

Pretty sure Marlon is all booked up but would love to see Krystal get a good spot on the farm

If not, would be more than happy if anyone plays one of these tunes while I'm in the vicinity ☺️

11 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Personally I think you’d be better off just listening to some sets on YouTube/soundcloud etc than making a playlist of songs to start with. Boiler Room/Dekmantel are always good 

I have to agree with this. Here’s a few of my favs (most of which will be at the festival) that I think would be good to someone trying to get a handle on what to expect 

• Upvote 2