Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

I have to agree with this. Here’s a few of my favs (most of which will be at the festival) that I think would be good to someone trying to get a handle on what to expect 

Big upvote for the Weatherall Mix, might have to be this afternoons listening again for me 

I love how everyone has absolutely lept at the opportunity to share their favourite music - great work guys! 😃

On another note - and I know this thread tends to be more about the DJs and more underground artists - but, after seeing them a couple of times last week, I desperately hope Groove Armada are playing somewhere. Not sure where they fit now but it'd be an absolute party! 

I'd really hoped they'd take a sunset slot somewhere but wonder if they'd only accept headline? 

Dont think groove armada are likely to be in the picture given theyre headlining bluedot for example. Equivalent size for that is a park or john peel headliner and they wont get that slot these days and the other outdoor stages are too big for them to be headliners. Big production Live dance acts need to headline the stage they are on

Edited by Memory Man

28 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Dont think groove armada are likely to be in the picture given theyre headlining bluedot for example. Equivalent size for that is a park or john peel headliner and they wont get that slot these days and the other outdoor stages are too big for them to be headliners. Big production Live dance acts need to headline the stage they are on

Yeah this was my thinking tbf; Bluedot kinda felt like the final nail in the coffin. Even if I'm unconvinced they're actually headline size anymore (despite how much I might love them). 

I only query because they were on the 2020 poster but seemingly weren't headlining any of the stages you might expect? Unless I missed someone work out where they were due to play. 

[Edit: too many tabs open, so posted in in 2022 music thread, meant for here ]

Since seeing Chemical Bros at Latitude last year (as well as Disclosure at Reading), and always being a fan of Jamie XX's In Colour (that is one you absolutely need in your life if we are sharing dance faves; idontknow (2020) was one of my fave tracks of the year - belter)... Big fan of Fred Again... atm...

But again, long time lurker, totally don't know much about this scene but if we are recommending things -- my go to would be one of my fave radio shows ever just as it reminded me of how much I do enjoy dance/electronica (even tho I have no clue what the consensus is on the forum about this lol so don't shoot me!!)  

Maybe I'll stick around on this side of the site as have been enjoying raving whilst writing my diss haha

19 minutes ago, harryy said:

Since seeing Chemical Bros at Latitude last year (as well as Disclosure at Reading)

Maybe I'll stick around on this side of the site as have been enjoying raving whilst writing my diss haha

I think we're living in alternate realities here!

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

They played at boomtown 2019 in the day. About 5pm i think. Can't rule them out anywhere 

19 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

CD1 is probably the best chilled breaks/ house compilation album ever put together. The journey between tracks 2-5 is particularly ludicrously gorgeous. 

And to bring things full circle back to @Freddyflintstonree's original request, I think you can hear a lot of this album in Bicep's sound.

That track Rain in particular feels like a direct nod to Last Train to Lhasa.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Totally happy to stand corrected but doesn’t genosys generally go a bit quiet (volume wise) at about 3am?

Or is that just the sunday?

Don't think so. I've been there until 6am several times and even until 5am on the Monday morning and not noticed. I guess it's possible that the licensing agreement mandates a drop in volume after a certain time in that part of the site (adjacent to other farms etc?), but I've never been aware of that, even when, ahem, adequately refreshed.

Ben

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ah, let's just share as much as possible, whether it's a playlist, a live set from YouTube, a Shazam clip, whatever. It's all good music.

Hi gang. 

Long time lurker here, though I've met a few of the regulars in passing! 

As we're in a sharing mood, I don't think I've seen this - Detroit Techno EP worth checking out if it's your kinda thing: 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

The tidy weekenders were loads of fun

I once went to a Sundissential all day/night event in Brum on Easter Sunday around 1999. I think it was 12pm - 12pm. 

The place was a disaster zone when we left about 7 on the Monday....