Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Don't remember there ever being any happy hardcore at Glasto in my ten visits going back to the late 90s. This is sort of close although not really

The DJ Producer is a living legend like, if he's on i'll be going to check him out 

On 4/1/2022 at 6:43 PM, Jay Pee said:

Link to show please mafe. I will tune in

Alright mate.

Here's the link to our radio show, we've got Confidence man and Wet Leg as the albums of the month, take a listen and see what you think. 

58 minutes ago, Bucketsquad said:

Alright mate.

Here's the link to our radio show, we've got Confidence man and Wet Leg as the albums of the month, take a listen and see what you think. 

Thanks. Will have a listen over the weekend. Off out tonight so will give it a whirl when things are more chilled. 

11 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Thanks. Will have a listen over the weekend. Off out tonight so will give it a whirl when things are more chilled. 

Spot on mate, have a good evening and hopefully we provide the soundtrack to your weekend 😁

12 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

RE: Groove Armada... could they headline Silver Hayes if there is anything to the rumours around a rejig and line up?

That would leave Orbital, Fatboy and Groove Armada - would i be right thinking that its likely one of the headliners would be a bit more modern right?

4 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

And to bring things full circle back to @Freddyflintstonree's original request, I think you can hear a lot of this album in Bicep's sound.

That track Rain in particular feels like a direct nod to Last Train to Lhasa.

Totally agree. They clearly grew up on these compilations. I hear loads of subtle references to 90s prog house/ breaks stuff in Bicep. It's why they have an immediate appeal. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

That would leave Orbital, Fatboy and Groove Armada - would i be right thinking that its likely one of the headliners would be a bit more modern right?

True - that's more than likely to be honest. I was getting all nostalgic! 😂

• Upvote 1

It’s annoyed me over the last few years that some of the DJs I’ve wanted to see were playing early Monday morning. vinylJunkie comes to mind. Im done in by then, and normally set off early Monday morning  in the car so have to get a sensible nights sleep Sunday.  4-6am Monday morning is for the hardcore 

29 minutes ago, e_p said:

It’s annoyed me over the last few years that some of the DJs I’ve wanted to see were playing early Monday morning. vinylJunkie comes to mind. Im done in by then, and normally set off early Monday morning  in the car so have to get a sensible nights sleep Sunday.  4-6am Monday morning is for the hardcore 

There is something special about genosys in monday morning daylight though, basically a field of swaying braindead zombies at that stage, just squeezing the last few drops out of the party.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Titters said:

Hi gang. 

Long time lurker here, though I've met a few of the regulars in passing! 

As we're in a sharing mood, I don't think I've seen this - Detroit Techno EP worth checking out if it's your kinda thing: 

No one has drums that thump as beautifully as Robert or Lyric ❤️

Absolute club demolishers.