Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

2 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Agree, but you could see this as an effort to resolve a mistake - which will shut people up somewhat.

^^ This.

can you imagine if they let it go ahead and then the socials were full of people with confirmation of their registration and being unable to buy tickets.

That would be much much worse. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

It seems a load of thickos didnt update as requested/deleted their reg and didnt create a new one, realised too late and started moaning.

Some maybe, but I was one of the ones that did confirm my reg and it still got deleted. Luckily I check last week but many probably didn’t.

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

I can see everyone now rechecking their registration, even if it has looked ok for the past few months 

They should recheck. You would be stupid not too! It seems they’ve deleted loads they shouldn’t have. 

10 minutes ago, mouserat said:

There's a TV show called Nathan For You where an episode revolves around giving away free petrol (or heavily discounted can't quite remember) but the catch is that people have to post a form in a particular postbox which they've put halfway up a mountain. So obviously most people don't bother putting a claim in.

Maybe we need something similar for Glastonbury - if you can't be bothered to row out into the English channel and leave your deposit in a safety deposit box tied to a buoy then you don't deserve to come.

What a great show that is 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Ahhh yes, people who followed the request but had their ref deleted anyway, as many on here stated, are all thickos

Funny how fast people on Heres love and compassion goes out the window when they're mildly inconvenienced

Ive never claimed to being loving or compassionate.

Greed and disgust are my only emotions. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I thought you had infiltrated the internet with your dodgy photoshopped articles again. 

Yeah I dropped the ball there. Standards are slipping.

Edited by The Nal

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

It seems a load of thickos didnt update as requested/deleted their reg and didnt create a new one, realised too late and started moaning.

That’s not the case.

Theres been people on here and twitter who had confirmation email that their registration had been updated but the seetickets lookup is now returning no results. 

47 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

f**king weird

Something must be up with registrations

Lots of people on reddit have mentioned they'd checked registrations just a few days ago and everything was fine, then come last weekend their registration was no longer found.  It feels like a pretty widespread issue and I think it's bloody good of the festival to do this, really.

Ridiculous that’s there people on here who still make out that the festival is 10x / 20x oversubscribed when they’ve been able to get tickets year after year after year. The festival demand is a lot lower than people believe and it’s not outside the realm of possibility that the festival were slightly concerned it might not sale out immediately. 

I wonder if the compromise would have been to limit this week's sales to 50% of the available tickets. Then have another sale in two weeks as well. Would that be fairer?

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

But the ones who do… 😂 

Bloody love that show. Assume you’ve watched The Rehearsal? 

</tangent>

Definitely a tangent haha. Yes I did - absolutely loved it, even if I still can't quite figure out what I watched. Very excited for The Curse which comes out in the US soon, expecting something else that's once again impossible to describe to friends over a pint.

Surely if they know that their systems have deleted registrations by accident then they should be explicitly clear about the issue in their communications. The statements they have put out infer that people thought they had confirmed their registrations but later found out they weren't registered. 

Some people will still think they have registered properly and if theirs has been deleted then they will still be disappointed in 2 weeks time.

I uploaded a new photo and confirmed my reg, got all of the emails and was able to look it up and view it. I have done the same today and I get the email saying 'the following reg is valid' but when I click the link, I can't seem to view or delete it. Is this just because the registration is closed? Usually you can at least view the registration.

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Probably a couple of them are so called "influencers" with a few hundred thousand muppets hanging on their every Insta story and threatening bad publicity... 

Just now, Dark Star said:

Probably a couple of them are so called "influencers" with a few hundred thousand muppets hanging on their every Insta story and threatening bad publicity... 

people who have a confirmation email for their reg update now can’t access them using the lookup. See have f**ked up, nothing to do with influencers. 

• Upvote 1

Well, this is certainly interesting! To echo what others have said on here...I was, somewhat selfishly, annoyed when the announcement was made because I have spent the past few days and weeks pestering people to check (and then check again!) to see if the registrations were up to date. Fortune favours the prepared.

There have been whispers across the internet of people who confirmed their details as requested and then checked to find that their registration had vanished. That is very frustrating, especially if people realised too late to re-register. I know there are few things I wouldn't do to be given a second chance.

Even with these missing registrations, they would be able to sell the festival out. I mean, how many tickets go on sale again? About 120k?

I think there have been two camps in the reactions to this. Tough sh*t vs give them a chance. I can see both sides. However, I do think it is ridiculous to give people such short notice! People really do have to plan their days around this sale - silly as it sounds. Arriving home from work late, picking kids up from an after-school club/childcare, starting a shift...honestly endless scenarios where people are shifting what little time they have around to give themselves a shot at bagging a ticket. I do also think people had enough time to realise and act accordingly. If I was lax and then realised at the last minute that my reg was not right, I would have to accept some of the blame for my own inaction, despite there being a systems failure somewhere along the line.