Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

This is my first log in since July, so apologies if I'm covering old ground - I'm sure I am - but this really pissed me off. 

Out of 260 people I'm aware of across 2 syndicates, no-one had their reg deleted after going through the re-registration process. 

I can't help feel this has been done purely to appease the whining moaning contingent of people who can't follow simple f**king instructions. 

The old ground is people on here literally saying it happened to them, so you've come in quite aggressive, for what it's worth.

16 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

This is my first log in since July, so apologies if I'm covering old ground - I'm sure I am - but this really pissed me off. 

Out of 260 people I'm aware of across 2 syndicates, no-one had their reg deleted after going through the re-registration process. 

I can't help feel this has been done purely to appease the whining moaning contingent of people who can't follow simple f**king instructions. 

Another 'it didn't happen to me so it can't be true'

Sorry, but Glasto wouldn't have cancelled the sale due to a non-existent problem. 

Yeah the problem is people assuming that the deleted registrations must have happened randomly, and so be evenly spread across all registrants.

If that was true then, yes, it'd very unlikely those 260 all didn't get deleted. But it's more likely a certain subset of registrations got missed, of which a given a group could easily avoid - be it age of registration, last time they were successful, or some other moon logic.

(I'd also give evens on some of these people who are saying "no-one in my large group got deleted" coming back on here absolutely fuming on ticket day about how they missed out because one of the registrations in their group wasn't recognised. The level of confidence to say that probably goes hand in hand with the level of confidence of "I don't need to re-check")

24 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

(I'd also give evens on some of these people who are saying "no-one in my large group got deleted" coming back on here absolutely fuming on ticket day about how they missed out because one of the registrations in their group wasn't recognised. The level of confidence to say that probably goes hand in hand with the level of confidence of "I don't need to re-check")

>170 all manually re-checked and verified as valid.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

All 260 registrations were individually checked post the cut off date, and again the week of the original sale date. None were invalid. 

8 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

All 260 registrations were individually checked post the cut off date, and again the week of the original sale date. None were invalid. 

If you read back through this thread (bit long) you'll come across several people who had confirmation emails that their reg had been updated and then when they used the checker it said no registrations associated with this email address.

Great it wasn't yours but 260 of a million or more isn't a good sample. 

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

If you read back through this thread (bit long) you'll come across several people who had confirmation emails that their reg had been updated and then when they used the checker it said no registrations associated with this email address.

The point I'm making is that all those 260 regs were manually checked, as well as receiving emails.

Just now, blutarsky said:

The point I'm making is that all those 260 regs were manually checked, as well as receiving emails.

I understand your point.  My point is that others had a different experience and that meant, despite confirming their registration and receiving a confirmation email, they wouldn't have been able to purchase tickets. 

36 minutes ago, stuie said:

while I agree my maths tells me that statistically there should be an error within those large groups unless the numbers of errors/ deletions  were quite low , that said whilst it was a pain on the day I actually think the right thing has been done as just 1 dodgy reg would block entire groups of 6 during a sale . Seeing some of the posts in this thread it seems some have done all the right things and had registrations disappear very last minute after the festival had confirmed they worked 

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

while I agree my maths tells me that statistically there should be an error within those large groups unless the numbers of errors/ deletions  were quite low , that said whilst it was a pain on the day I actually think the right thing has been done as just 1 dodgy reg would block entire groups of 6 during a sale . Seeing some of the posts in this thread it seems some have done all the right things and had registrations disappear very last minute after the festival had confirmed they worked 

Or the errors were not randomly distributed? I'd assume with groups being that tightly organised, people all confirmed within the first day or so, maybe it hit people who confirmed during a certain period of time.

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Or the errors were not randomly distributed? I'd assume with groups being that tightly organised, people all confirmed within the first day or so, maybe it hit people who confirmed during a certain period of time.

we confirmed over the period of time that was given so probably spaced out tbh . Maybe they all happened on 1 day that none of us did though , none of us left it late though .