Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

Surely there’s been enough notice of the registration thing that those committed to the festival are up to speed on the process, or is the problem with see tickets? Another fortnight to sit and wait.  
does this mean new registrations will be accepted or just old ones updated? 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

3 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Why do you care? No offence but you just try in two weeks instead. It's a minor inconvenience at most

Because everything was sorted for today - groups sorted, plan of action all ready for today.  Now people might want to change groups because more people have got their act together. 

Also Im celebrating my birthday on the 18th - now all gonna be hungover for the 9am sale

Why do you have more of an issue with me than Glastonbury deciding to postpone 4 hours before because people who were lazy are given a chance 

1 minute ago, Oscr said:

There's surely been some kind of technical issue, madness that people had so long to confirm registration and didn't, and they extend for that reason alone. Should be on them as a lesson!

Not that simple though, this specifically affects people who had been registered pre-2020 wasn't it? 

So they wouldn't usually need to check

Annoying for some a but a relief for me. 

Going to be abroad until 17th so was doubting my chances of getting through on just mobile. Unfortunately won't be back in time for the the coach sale but figure odds of getting through are greater in the main sale.

Edited by I am Jon

Just now, TiZuff said:

i know of 2 people who said they had checked their emails and confirmed the reg but it had still been deleted. i assumed it was just BS and an excuse but im beginnign to wonder if somebody messed up somewhere...

One of our group had this but convinced themselves they must have somehow updated their details without re-registering (which I don't think is possible?). So definitely seems like something went wrong somewhere

2 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

i know of 2 people who said they had checked their emails and confirmed the reg but it had still been deleted. i assumed it was just BS and an excuse but im beginnign to wonder if somebody messed up somewhere...

If this is the case - why has it taken until 4 hours pre sale for Glastonbury to notice and postpone. This should have been actioned days ago 

Statement on see tickets below https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras :-

GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL

This year's Glastonbury ticket sale has been moved back by two weeks. This is to ensure that everyone who would like to buy a ticket is registered and therefore eligible to purchase one.

The new dates for Glastonbury ticket sale are as follows:

TICKETS PLUS COACH TRAVEL ON SALE AT 6PM GMT, THURSDAY, 16TH NOVEMBER

GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS ON SALE AT 9AM GMT, SUNDAY, 19TH NOVEMBER

Following this year's Festival, we alerted everyone with a registration which pre-dated 2020 of a scheduled review of the details held by See Tickets in the Glastonbury Festival registration database. This was in order to ensure that the details we hold are current and that we do not store individuals' information for any longer than is necessary. These registrants were asked to take action to confirm their registration if they wished to keep it.

As always, registration was then closed on Monday (13th October) ahead of the ticket sale.

Unfortunately, it has come to light that some individuals hoping to buy tickets for 2024 have discovered after Monday's registration deadline that they are no longer registered, despite believing they were.

Out of fairness to those individuals, we will be re-opening the window for registration at 12 noon on Monday, 6th November. It will remain open until 5pm on Monday, 13th November.

We urge everyone hoping to buy a ticket to Glastonbury 2024 to either check their existing registration here now or submit new registration, which remains free of charge here, from 12 noon on Monday.

We apologise for the late change to the ticket sale dates, but we want to ensure that everyone who would like to buy a ticket for next year's Festival is able to confirm their registration ahead of the sale.

I'm not arsed by the delay, but can understand why people are irked.

What I'm genuinely concerned by is the (presumably) massive increase in registrations this is going to lead to. It was a BBC Breaking News alert ffs, this is going to make a lot of people previously unbothered to now think 'ooh, go on, we've got a chance let's try'. 

10 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Why do you care? No offence but you just try in two weeks instead. It's a minor inconvenience at most

People like me care because we've planned flights etc not knowing the sale would be then. 3 of our group now won't be able to try in the Sunday sale

Other people will now have to work in the sales who otherwise wouldn't

Plus chances of tickets are diminished so that people who weren't organised enough get a chance

Just now, homesick said:

People like me care because we've planned flights etc not knowing the sale would be then. 3 of our group now won't be able to try in the Sunday sale

Other people will now have to work in the sales who otherwise wouldn't

Plus chances of tickets are diminished so that people who weren't organised enough get a chance

Exactly - why are people who were organised getting punished. We all got ready, double checked, got groups sorted and now been given a big middle finger. Now more people register who weren't that bothered and reduce our chances