The Red Arrows flypast. Where were you?

MrZigster

I was sat under the ancient oak tree (I think it’s oak, anyway) in Green Kids when the Red Arrows went over. Lovely noise they made. 

I remember many times in years past when non-Red Arrows jets have buzzed the festival site, one year a fighter jet roared in and did what looked a bit like a handbrake turn in the sky as he went over us. Was really loud that one, scared my little boy! The RAF pilots must just do it for a laugh while they’re out and about in their planes. 

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

isnt airspace restricted during the festival ? would that also apply to red arrows ? 

I would think so. There are enough helicopters etc. floating around that any high speed pass through would surely have to be approved beforehand. 

Another event that manages to elude secretglasto 

I was lucky, I was towards the back of the Pyramid field photographing an NHS event. A professional photographer said I should stop there and look upwards. He wouldn’t tell me what it was. He knew what he was talking about as he gave the exact time it was happening. He was hoping it was over the Pyramid stage but he missed the shot. So, I offered him the shots I’d managed to get but he only wanted a flight over the stage, not in the direction they came.

IMG_7884.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I would think so. There are enough helicopters etc. floating around that any high speed pass through would surely have to be approved beforehand. 

Another event that manages to elude secretglasto 

Approved by who?

I'm pretty sure the RAF would just say "we're doing this" and it would be the job of ATC and the fest to keep out the way.

20 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Approved by who?

I'm pretty sure the RAF would just say "we're doing this" and it would be the job of ATC and the fest to keep out the way.

They had a temporary exemption from the RAT ceiling of 3100ft, like the NPAS and Helimed units.

The NOTAM applied to all other aircraft including all the commercial helicopters which had a narrow approach path, and included the hot air balloons that flew over when I was at the Park on the Sunday.

https://fb.watch/lKtnKlTP86/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

On Sunday night we watched a carrier copter take off and everyone shouted "bye Elton"...

From what I’ve heard that was almost certainly him. As soon as he left the stage he made a beeline for a helicopter and was back in his mansion before most of us had escaped the shuffle away from the Pyramid field. 

I feel a bit disappointed about having the red arrows at Glastonbury.

As a festival which has done so much for peace and supports many charities campaigning for peace. Is it right to have an advert for British imperialism at this festival. I do not think so.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

I feel a bit disappointed about having the red arrows at Glastonbury.

As a festival which has done so much for peace and supports many charities campaigning for peace. Is it right to have an advert for British imperialism at this festival. I do not think so.

Its an aerobatics display team. Its essentially dancing in little planes. Its not exactly an inflatable Oliver Cromwell being paraded - as shows of potential British imperialism go, this really doesn't even slightly register 

• Like 3