Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

Idles Pyramid Friday 3rd down before LCD. Its happening, Idles are work horses plus its Joe's favourite place on earth.

Thought there was info that IDLES weren’t playing? Also, what day would this be on?

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Thought there was info that IDLES weren’t playing? Also, what day would this be on?

Joe Talbot confirmed they are playing last night during a show in Antwerp. I guess they have been asked again or given a better spot. It would.be Friday as that's their only available day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

Joe Talbot confirmed they are playing last night during a show in Antwerp. I guess they have been asked again or given a better spot. It would.be Friday as that's their only available day.

How legit is this? Just don't see why it's something you mention on stage in Antwerp of all places - who there would care / have a Glastonbury ticket?

3 minutes ago, mouserat said:

How legit is this? Just don't see why it's something you mention on stage in Antwerp of all places - who there would care / have a Glastonbury ticket?

Somebody on Reddit claims to have spoken to him after the show and he said they were gonna be there, although other redditors (and people on here) have said they’ve spoken to him and he’s said they’re not playing, so who knows. Could easily seem them playing Pyramid if they are there, even if Idles > PJ Harvey > LCD Soundsystem would be a strange run to stick on before Coldplay. 

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

Somebody on Reddit claims to have spoken to him after the show and he said they were gonna be there, although other redditors (and people on here) have said they’ve spoken to him and he’s said they’re not playing, so who knows. Could easily seem them playing Pyramid if they are there, even if Idles > PJ Harvey > LCD Soundsystem would be a strange run to stick on before Coldplay. 

He said they weren't playing during one of the album launch shows a few weeks ago. It seems like something has changed since and they are playing after all. We will find out sometime this week anyway but it will be brilliant if they play the Pyramid.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

I find it much more feasible a run of:

Coldplay, LCD, PJ Harvey and then Idles. They are playing below both Fatboy Slim and Snow Patrol in a slot that the likes of The Kooks and The Vaccines are playing at Y Not, they wouldn't be above 4th Pyramid.

14 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Coldplay, LCD, PJ Harvey and then Idles. They are playing below both Fatboy Slim and Snow Patrol in a slot that the likes of The Kooks and The Vaccines are playing at Y Not, they wouldn't be above 4th Pyramid.

Isn’t that what Floorfiller said? 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Are they planning to use the top half of the field as a driving range or maybe have a giant slip n slide set up there that afternoon or something?

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:39 PM, jumperofftheshelf said:

Surely Skepta is bigger than D Block Europe who people have been touting for Other headline right?

Theres no way skepta could do 3 sold out o2 nights these days surely

On 3/9/2024 at 9:12 PM, Acid_Haze said:

Wow, can see Skepta in a bit of a prominent slot, mid to high Other stage. He's playing high-ish slots at a few other festivals this year.

He originally self confirmed months ago as the DJ thing - not sure why everyones forgot this?!

1 hour ago, wozwebs said:

LCD could be one of the most sparse crowds at the Pyramid in recent years? Their 2016 crowd at T in the Park was shocking. 

IMG_2341.webp

IMG_2342.jpeg

I just find LCD very niche to their own market and wouldn't expect fund that market massive at a festival. Its not a slot for them starting in daylight.

5 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

My girlfriend met him at the pop pop pop up shop, and asked him if they were playing Glasto. He told her they weren't, and said they have other shows that weekend.

When I posted it on here, somebody replied to say he'd said to them that they were not playing as they were not offered a good enough slot

10 hours ago, wozwebs said:

LCD could be one of the most sparse crowds at the Pyramid in recent years? Their 2016 crowd at T in the Park was shocking. 

IMG_2341.webp

IMG_2342.jpeg

by 2016 t in the park was a glorified v festival - the crowd make up its massively different

10 hours ago, wozwebs said:

IMG_2341.webp

IMG_2342.jpeg

They’ll have a busy crowd, it’ll just be one largely waiting for Coldplay rather than to see LCD. 

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

by 2016 t in the park was a glorified v festival - the crowd make up its massively different

I also think a forgotten aspect in any crowd comparison is what else was on at the same time. For example, loads of acts played to small crowds while Elton John was on but that isn't their fault. Add in what looks like pretty miserable weather and mud and I don't think the size of that LCD crowd can solely be pinned on them having no fans.

By virtue of it being the Pyramid, there'll already be a decent-sized crowd because there's people that never leave there. And if there's a lack of strong competition on the other stages at the same time then I reckon they'll be fine. But it might be a crowd of people who don't really know any of their songs.

33 minutes ago, mouserat said:

I also think a forgotten aspect in any crowd comparison is what else was on at the same time. For example, loads of acts played to small crowds while Elton John was on but that isn't their fault. Add in what looks like pretty miserable weather and mud and I don't think the size of that LCD crowd can solely be pinned on them having no fans.

By virtue of it being the Pyramid, there'll already be a decent-sized crowd because there's people that never leave there. And if there's a lack of strong competition on the other stages at the same time then I reckon they'll be fine. But it might be a crowd of people who don't really know any of their songs.

Few of my mates went to see Sarah Story in The Glade.

When she started her set, there were 5 people there!

Filled out as time went on, but imagine how soul destroying that must be. 

7 hours ago, nikkic said:

Few of my mates went to see Sarah Story in The Glade.

When she started her set, there were 5 people there!

Filled out as time went on, but imagine how soul destroying that must be. 

I went to see Dave Seaman on the Glade Dome. There were more than 5 people there but it was pretty quiet, loads of space to dance though so it wasn't all bad.