Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

• 4 months later...

I wonder if they might do a special slot on The Park considering it'll have been 15 years since they first played the festival on that stage. Similar thing to what Courteeners did last year.

But probably mid Other, aye.

On 6/27/2023 at 2:02 PM, Chrisp1986 said:

Beans On Toast - Greenpeace 2.30pm on Sunday. He even said there you go, that's your first self confirm. Playing that slot until he dies he said (his manager books the acts for that stage too)

Greenpeace was rammed the last time we saw him there. Great atmosphere, always thought he deserves a spot on the park stage and some tv coverage. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Bombay could be Friday Other opener surely? Although it's very early to self confirm for that slot, not sure they'll have even booked it yet!

Tbh after Ben Howard I think that slot is open to a pretty wide net of mid-level acts, but if they’re playing I’d expect them in a more prominent slot than that - it’s a bit of a ‘death slot’ in that everybody’s knackered, hungover and kind of half watching and I just reckon they’d want a regular slot instead after not playing for so long. 

56 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I wonder if they might do a special slot on The Park considering it'll have been 15 years since they first played the festival on that stage. Similar thing to what Courteeners did last year.

I think you're on to something there. 

They'd be a nice headliner for The Park. 

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Greenpeace was rammed the last time we saw him there. Great atmosphere, always thought he deserves a spot on the park stage and some tv coverage. 

He does deserve a bit of a profile boost.   His set at Wilderness was one of my top 10 moments of the summer.

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

He does deserve a bit of a profile boost.   His set at Wilderness was one of my top 10 moments of the summer.

Never understood the fuss. Completely average singer songwriter gone stale.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Never understood the fuss. Completely average singer songwriter gone stale.

I'm totally not surprised that you think this... it's just a bit of fun mate. 

I would have thought you'd appreciate M.D.M.Amazing though.

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Was at that set, first and only time I’ve been at the barrier for a gig. 

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Fully agree. I was at the barrier for that gig HOWEVER.....

Every single person bar a few of us was there for Norman who was on straight after. Rumour mill was in overdrive but I like to think he made some new fans during that lovely acoustic set.

8 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Tbh after Ben Howard I think that slot is open to a pretty wide net of mid-level acts, but if they’re playing I’d expect them in a more prominent slot than that - it’s a bit of a ‘death slot’ in that everybody’s knackered, hungover and kind of half watching and I just reckon they’d want a regular slot instead after not playing for so long. 

I personally love the other opener as its the start of the festival proper.