Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

On 1/14/2024 at 8:23 AM, SalviaPlath said:

Pete from The Farm is an absolutely lovely guy. Very sharp and sound politics too. 

Carl Hunter, bass player, is a top film director these days. ‘Sometimes, Always, Never’ with Bill Nighy was wonderful and had a fabulous score by Edwyn Collins. Carl is also a huge promoter of local Liverpool bands (Hooton Tennis Club, Oranj Son, Keyside to name a few) and can regularly be seen on the streets of town chasing the far right fascists off when they come for their pathetic rallies. Top bloke.,

5 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Screenshot_20240126-114205_Facebook.jpg

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Other Stage opener's not impossible 

I wouldn't rule it out him doing a mid other stage secret set.

He did say he wasn't at Glastonbury when he announced his arena tour but he wouldn't be based on his him and his band doing that. There is a whole...I didn't say I wouldn't be with Squire....something not even a thing then.

45 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Other Stage opener's not impossible 

It pretty much is - he's got solo "Definitely Maybe" gigs on both Thursday and Friday evenings in Manchester.  Hard to see him nipping down to Somerset in between those, for a Friday opener slot...

1 minute ago, goonerben said:

It pretty much is - he's got solo "Definitely Maybe" gigs on both Thursday and Friday evenings in Manchester.  Hard to see him nipping down to Somerset in between those, for a Friday opener slot...

No one said it has to be the Friday Other slot, we had The Bootleg Beatles open the Pyramid on Saturday or Sunday a few years back and that's a slot they never play.

He can only realistically do Sunday but I wouldn't rule it out. Glastonbury is the stage where you would want to get that material out as far as you can.

18 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Be just my luck if he's turned into a Hip Hop fan and ends up standing next to me at some set. 

I was at West Holts watching the Bedouin jerrycan band with a breakfast pie back in 2008, when this little bloke stood in front of me. Its a big field, and at the time there was about 200 people in it, there was tons of room and almost impossible to stand in someone's way - and yet there he was! 

tried to cough politely, but i was leaning against one of the poles so couldnt readily just move a bit. So i said, slightly louder than i meant to, 'scuse me mate,could you just shift a bit? i'm watching this' 

and Alex Turner from the arctic monkeys promptly turned, apologised, and got out of the bloody way. 

there ends my West Holts experience with a middling indie bloke 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

I was at West Holts watching the Bedouin jerrycan band with a breakfast pie back in 2008, when this little bloke stood in front of me. Its a big field, and at the time there was about 200 people in it, there was tons of room and almost impossible to stand in someone's way - and yet there he was! 

tried to cough politely, but i was leaning against one of the poles so couldnt readily just move a bit. So i said, slightly louder than i meant to, 'scuse me mate,could you just shift a bit? i'm watching this' 

and Alex Turner from the arctic monkeys promptly turned, apologised, and got out of the bloody way. 

there ends my West Holts experience with a middling indie bloke 

I think that's an endearing little encounter and I'm intrigued by the concept of a breakfast pie.  

Is that a regular pie, eaten at breakfast, or tailored to the time of day? 🤔

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I think that's an endearing little encounter and I'm intrigued by the concept of a breakfast pie.  

That was exactly my thoughts when I read that... are we talking breakfast items in pastry pie?  Sounds good. 

@balti-pieI don't think you can describe Alex Turner as a middling indie bloke!  The guy is an absolute don!

23 minutes ago, clarkete said:

This is intriguing. Was it something like a Ned Kelly pie? If so where did you find it at Glastonbury? (need some more breakfast options!)

4 hours ago, stuie said:

That was exactly my thoughts when I read that... are we talking breakfast items in pastry pie?  Sounds good. 

@balti-pieI don't think you can describe Alex Turner as a middling indie bloke!  The guy is an absolute don!

A breakfast pie is exactly as it sounds - sausage, bacon, egg and beans, inside a pastry case. It was from just round the corner by the bus, and I’m 90% sure it was a Pieminister pie. Exemplary pie makers! 

And I remember the pie a lot more warmly than the little indie fella to be honest 😁  this was pre-quiff/ridiculous accent/up his own arseness, but they’ve never really been my kettle of fish to be honest anyways. At least he did budge a bit, he’s in my good books for that 👍

To be honest, had entirely discounted Gallagher until those Squire dates landed. Expected them to be in the autumn, but if he's already toured the material once by then, could see Other stage as a special one-off performance.

I'll be fascinated to see how sales shift for that record.

On 1/14/2024 at 8:23 AM, SalviaPlath said:

Pete from The Farm is an absolutely lovely guy. 

more overused than Dave grolh being a nice guy. 😛