Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

When they say they are playing. 

Do you think they are going to play? 

Personally for me doing of weeks of posting Glastonbury stuff on the lead up to the announcements seems like a very strong nod.  I mean if they were not it would really be weird right. 

1 or 2 maybe but this 4th Glastonbury content they have posted recently 

1 minute ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Do you think they are going to play? 

Personally for me doing of weeks of posting Glastonbury stuff on the lead up to the announcements seems like a very strong nod.  I mean if they were not it would really be weird right. 

1 or 2 maybe but this 4th Glastonbury content they have posted recently 

I don't know where they'd go. Certainly not headlining, so would they make such a fuss about subbing or topping The Other? I think it could just be building up to their BST slot. 

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I don't know where they'd go. Certainly not headlining, so would they make such a fuss about subbing or topping The Other? I think it could just be building up to their BST slot. 

Surely it'd most likely be some form of unbilled set - FF or Killers style.

But yeah my best guess is that this is coincidence.

Just now, incident said:

Surely it'd most likely be some form of unbilled set - FF or Killers style.

But yeah my best guess is that this is coincidence.

The "secret" set thing crossed my mind too, but if it is that, they won't be flagging it this far out.

25 minutes ago, Franky said:

I saw Kings of Leon in 2008. 

Amazing set. 

Caveat, I was proper f**ked 🕺

I missed this as got too f**ked beforehand. Was rolled into my tent by friends and off they went.

I'd take them doing the 2008 setlist!!!!

13 minutes ago, Brunty9 said:

I missed this as got too f**ked beforehand. Was rolled into my tent by friends and off they went.

I'd take them doing the 2008 setlist!!!!

This was my first Glastonbury and I was so unbelievably off my face, crawling round my tent through their set after going WAY too hard and not sleeping at all really the Wednesday or Thursday night. 

I saw em in 08, my Missus of the time was a huuuuge fan so i went along - it was good, i prepped myself by listening to the first three albums (their only albums at the time!) a lot, and im glad i did cos in terms of show and engagement, they weren't really headliners. But they had the tunes 👍 

7/10, was good enough

25 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Are people thinking The Killers will pull a Churnups? With the GSH in their UK tour and their fondness for G? I hope so, would much rather that than KOL.

Probably not this soon after their last one. Maybe in another 5 or so years? Secret sets lose their impact the more often you do them.

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Imagine the scenes of KoL get announced as a headliner.

Happiest day in the lives of the folk who want smaller headliners, poorer ticket sales, etc 

They headlined in 2008, the last time we didn’t get a sell out, so it’s like it’s coming full circle.

Kind of poetic. 

Is it possible that the festival have pulled in 3 kinda mid, yet free/cheap headliners - You'd imagine Coldplay and Dua don't cost much, the third could be someone like Muse (forgive me for putting it out there) - and are compensating with a bit of a stacked undercard? What's to say both The Killers and KoL couldn't make it to the farm somehow?

11 hours ago, K2SO said:

Oh also, know somebody that went to the IDLES pop up shop today and asked Joe if they were at Glasto. He said "No, we are going to be in America so we'll miss it... But I wouldn't lie to you."

Just saw them at same place today. Can confirm they are deffo not playing Glasto this year. Sounds like booking agent offered them a crap slot.

certainly will play again in future. In his words ‘it’s the best place on earth’

sounds like they will be headlining Primavera this year.

top fella, had loads of time just to chat to people and have photos etc!!

25 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

Just saw them at same place today. Can confirm they are deffo not playing Glasto this year. Sounds like booking agent offered them a crap slot.

certainly will play again in future. In his words ‘it’s the best place on earth’

sounds like they will be headlining Primavera this year.

top fella, had loads of time just to chat to people and have photos etc!!

That's shocking. They should have easily been at least headlining Woodsies

12 hours ago, K2SO said:

Oh also, know somebody that went to the IDLES pop up shop today and asked Joe if they were at Glasto. He said "No, we are going to be in America so we'll miss it... But I wouldn't lie to you."

Is the ‘but I wouldn’t lie to you’ bit implying that they ARE playing? Doesn’t look like they’re actually in America over the weekend - last date is two weeks earlier - so can’t work out what’s being implied here.