The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Thats too late.

We need to start worrying now. 

Will leave that to you … I’ll stick to the positives 🙂 no forecast in range yet and you’ve said previously in this thread people won’t get an idea this far out 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Getting twitchy now, this bloody daft weather won't do.

Forecast for next week up norf still down at 16c with drizzle and cloudy 😕

agreed, at present it isn't looking that good as the weather is unsettled and although there might be some periods of nice warm weather it seems that the next set of storms isn't far away.

I'm in Ireland for a week from 8th June on holiday then go to Germany for the euros for a few days before coming back on the 23rd...i have both areas I'm staying in on my phone app now and both they are all over the place with the weather as well!

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Considering we're only 33 days out now and the site is already waterlogged this is grim reading

image.thumb.png.e766af32b37091c8c71617fb7ebfa27f.png

Beeb showing rain every day for as far as they forecast

https://www.bbc.com/weather/2640283#:~:text=Tonight will continue to see,Winds diminishing overnight.&text=Mainly dry and fine conditions,leading to the odd shower.

The sun has gotta come out eventually! It's all gonna be fine 🌞 

19 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Just dipping my toe in here. I see the usual culprits 

My 2nd year in this thread and you think they'd get bored of the same shtick. 

Edited by Jacko45

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Considering we're only 33 days out now and the site is already waterlogged this is grim reading

image.thumb.png.e766af32b37091c8c71617fb7ebfa27f.png

Beeb showing rain every day for as far as they forecast

https://www.bbc.com/weather/2640283#:~:text=Tonight will continue to see,Winds diminishing overnight.&text=Mainly dry and fine conditions,leading to the odd shower.

I wouldn't be suprised if they start packing everything up and call it a day tbh.

I’m obviously concerned by the weather as much as everyone but what’s with the weird OTT gloom merchants here who seem to get a kick out of scaring everyone? I get it might be their ‘thing’ but like, maybe have a day off? We’ve still got over a month to go and a lot can change in the UK weather wise in an hour let alone a month.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VicAtreides said:

I’m obviously concerned by the weather as much as everyone but what’s with the weird OTT gloom merchants here who seem to get a kick out of scaring everyone? I get it might be their ‘thing’ but like, maybe have a day off? We’ve still got over a month to go and a lot can change in the UK weather wise in an hour let alone a month.

Yeah kinda seems pointless starting a thread for the 24 festival in june 23 doesn't it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VicAtreides said:

Hahaha

2 hours ago, VicAtreides said:

firstime.gif.920737faa8359a0475241e69da7231e4.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VicAtreides said:

I would get used to it...it's about to get ten times worse. We put up with their nonsense as our sacrifice to the weather gods

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

When do the netweather forums come into range, I’m hopeful of a dry one 

They didn't do much last year. To be fair, I missed Glastonbury last year, so might have missed it. From previous years, it will be second week of June befoire their forecasters say anything. It will be 14th June before the whole festival is within range of GFS forecasts.

39 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I would get used to it...it's about to get ten times worse. We put up with their nonsense as our sacrifice to the weather gods

The Pilton force shield will protect us, nothing to worry about.

17 hours ago, devonhammer said:

GFS forecasts have low rainfall for early June
GEFS Ensembles Chart

this is the only data to trust, works every year and gets more accurate the closer we get, keep them graphs flowing 

18 hours ago, devonhammer said:

GFS forecasts have low rainfall for early June
GEFS Ensembles Chart

Oooh, is this our first ensemble this year? Love it! (Don’t care what they say at this stage, but their appearance means we’re on the cusp!)…

I checked, and I've lurked on the weather thread since 2009, and it's always the same. I like seeing The Nail pop up with his prophecies of doom. Also I know from every other year, that even the day I leave for the festival, the weather forecasts are still usually wrong (except 2010). So it's just all pointless fun and part of the festival buildup.

Edited by PollyPeach

3 hours ago, PollyPeach said:

I checked, and I've lurked on the weather thread since 2009, and it's always the same. I like seeing The Nail pop up with his prophecies of doom. Also I know from every other year, that even the day I leave for the festival, the weather forecasts are still usually wrong (except 2010). So it's just all pointless fun and part of the festival buildup.

But which side are you on! Cloud or no ******* cloud...