Glastonbury 2023 £6 Meal Deal

stuie

Glastonbury have announced that over 300 stallholders (over 75%) will be taking part in their £6 meal deal.

Please use this thread when at the festival to highlight the best £6 offerings you can find! 

We'll have a scout around on the Monday and Tuesday as the traders are setting up and let you know what's on offer! 

£6 MEAL DEAL
Affordable food is very important to us at Glastonbury Festival and since 2015 many of our Traders have been helping Festival-goers go easy on their pocket. This year, 300 stallholders – that’s over 75 percent of all traders – will be offering a £6 meal deal. Participating traders will feature a £6 Meal Deal sticker on their menu boards along with information on the food they’re offering, so they will be easy to spot.

Our £6 Meal Deal makes it possible to sample a huge range of delicious world cuisine without breaking the bank. £6 options could include a katsu wrap, Somerset rarebit, muesli & coffee breakfast combination, a bowl of homemade chilli, a kids meal and drink, a falafel pitta, a hearty salad, Thai curry and rice, chicken with roast potato and gravy or a deal on coffee and cakes for two. The choices are endless.

139693479_6-meal-deal-image.thumb.jpg.aecd68d08df398aeb78d9965965d4aa5.jpg

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

Just now, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Last year, No Bones Jones were doing a big plate of veg pakora type things under the food for a fiver. So full a plate that I had to tell them to take some off cos I'd not eat it all! I think I was there every day. I'm ok with paying an extra quid for stuff like that.

it was absolutely divine!

4 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

The key thing is the definition of a "meal"

I can't see them being massively generous portions but certainly enough to keep you going for a few hours.

We're probably looking at around a 20% increase on prices compared to last year so I'd imagine most proper servings will be from £15 for a decent meal. 

15 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

The key thing is the definition of a "meal".

Yeah, saw a few places last year selling a “meal” of chips and a bottle of water.

The options mentioned look loads better. 

59 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Last year, No Bones Jones were doing a big plate of veg pakora type things under the food for a fiver. So full a plate that I had to tell them to take some off cos I'd not eat it all! I think I was there every day. I'm ok with paying an extra quid for stuff like that.

They are lovely (as is all of the food from their stall)

I saw pasty and chips, fish finger sandwiches and burritos last year, so there are some offerings that aren’t just a plate of chips! 

15 minutes ago, dondo said:

Saw this on FB

Doing a pasty chips and beans for £6 or a breakfast for that.  Never went last year but by all accounts was pretty good

Screenshot_20230531_124837_Facebook.jpg

Cornish Pasty Mine / Breakfast Bar is fine. The quality is fairly average, but for a straightforward Bacon & Egg Cob, it's one of the cheaper places on site. Only problem is that sometimes means they have "can't be arsed" sized queues especially in the late mornings.

45 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

It’s a £1000 weekend these days

Not for everyone it’s not! Most people will spend nowhere near this. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Not for everyone it’s not! Most people will spend nowhere near this. 

I don’t know if you are including the ticket and transport it’s probably gets close for lots of people, £330 ticket, coach from London £100 that’s a minimum of £440 no food or drinks. I used to budget £50 a day but that wasn’t nearly enough last year to eat two decent meals and drink at the bars (I know this could be done cheaper but I get the coach so limited in how many cans I can bring). Going to budget £70 a day this year that’s another £350 so I’ll probably be up to £790. Let’s not forget the number of people who then pay for accommodation on top of this then you are easily at over £1,000. I bet a large percentage of the crowd do spent about this, although not denying you could do it cheaper.