Anyone else not 'feeling' it?

Chrisp1986

I’m not the slightest bit below my usual 100% enthusiasm for Glastonbury, I’m going to do more smaller stages and theatre & circus stuff than before and I know I’ll love it. I’d genuinely not trade the experience for an alternative week anywhere else in the world.

Nothing particularly excites me but as I am taking my kids this year that's probably for the best as I wouldn't be able to see everything I wanted to anyway. Not interested in the "legend" this year. Will be good to have a wander and find some random stuff on the smaller stages.

8 hours ago, Memory Man said:

I reckon with the above you probably need about £20 a day, but would be hard to see others with cold pints and think it was outside your budget.

Can confirm you can do it on £20 a day, I have done for many years as I don't buy many drinks at the festival (only a few at the Cider Bus). Look for the 'Food for a Fiver' vendors and you could theoretically get 4 meals a day for that budget. It's worth considering that you'd probably feel far worse watching the event on TV if Glastonbury means a lot to you, so it's worth attending and making the most of what you have 😊

Edited by discgoesmic
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m not the slightest bit below my usual 100% enthusiasm for Glastonbury, I’m going to do more smaller stages and theatre & circus stuff than before and I know I’ll love it. I’d genuinely not trade the experience for an alternative week anywhere else in the world.

I'm enthusiastic for Glastonbury and i'm not even going!

I get what the OP is saying though and i'm glad I went to BT as it's making me not having a ticket this year a bit easier to deal with.

37 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I'm enthusiastic for Glastonbury and i'm not even going!

I get what the OP is saying though and i'm glad I went to BT as it's making me not having a ticket this year a bit easier to deal with.

Bearded was absolutely fantastic was it not?  the line up was solid and the new stage was a great addition.  I am already struggling to remember all the bands we watched.  A truly great smaller festival.

Glastonbury will creep up on me.  At the moment I am hovering between under and whelmed but by the weekend before I will be over

2 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Bearded was absolutely fantastic was it not?  the line up was solid and the new stage was a great addition.  I am already struggling to remember all the bands we watched.  A truly great smaller festival.

Glastonbury will creep up on me.  At the moment I am hovering between under and whelmed but by the weekend before I will be over

These days I just tend to wander a lot at the festival and see what I can happen upon, i'm not bothered about rushing about to see whoever or paying loads of attention to who is playing and listening to them on Spotify before the fest. I'll generally have a headliner each day I want to see and a few bands dotted around that are must sees but the rest depends on where I am at the time and what I feel like doing, if I see something and it's not for me i'll move on somewhere else.

• Upvote 1

Having done a full week at Primavera before last year's festival, I definitely think it impacted my energy levels at Glastonbury a bit. And didn't do any of the post-festival debrief stuff on here like I usually would. Still had a great time though, especially as I was with a few newbies and got to show them around etc.

But having missed out on a ticket this year and tried multiple competitions etc I would say to just embrace it all and enjoy it as much as you can. You never know if you'll be there next year. I love the lineup and am gutted to be not going.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I won't share a link. But, there is another forum where the thread title is - "Anyone else excited of getting rid of their f**king partner/wife/husband when the go to Glastonbury "

You would be shocked

😉

🤣

I can't seem to get the feeling yet and feeling guilty in the process knowing how much it means to be there.

I can't help but feel it's all become a bit samey same for me. A lot of the same acts every year (Skream, Eats Everything, Fatboy Slim, Elvana all playing every year). Naughty Corner became a bit lame in recent years. I miss the individual nightclubs they had there where you had to have a tattoo to enter one and the whole heaven and hell stages. Scrapping of the silent disco last year made me feel a bit lost on Thursday night. No Williams Green. A lot of bands who I thought would be on the line up missing (M83, Bon Iver, Sigur Ros).

I know there's plenty more to see and do but maybe the spark has gone for me. I know I'll still have a great time in the fields drinking and meeting new people but I can't seem to get excited yet 😞

13 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Never thought I would be saying this but I am having doubts about wanting to go now!

I live for Glastonbury but just git back from an amazing weekend at Bearded Theory and feel maybe a little 'festivaled out'. Also, as I am going alone I am not sure whether to coach or drive alone (for 8 hours each way).

Anyone else not as excited as normal? Sorry to be negative. Think it's mainly as Bearded was so amazing and can't see how Glastonbury could match it!

Its quite close isnt it for Bearded people. That said I've just cleaned and serviced all my kit and ready to do it all over again (minus 3 x 8 hour shifts this time anyway!)

Complete load of bollox imo 

Be taking it easy this time considering that as an oldie I don't have a clue on who these other bands are lolol... Old son has never been true lolol 

When some one like Central cee tops the manic street preachers some thing is WRONG..

It's glasto but it's not Glastonbury 

14 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Never thought I would be saying this but I am having doubts about wanting to go now!

I live for Glastonbury but just git back from an amazing weekend at Bearded Theory and feel maybe a little 'festivaled out'. Also, as I am going alone I am not sure whether to coach or drive alone (for 8 hours each way).

Anyone else not as excited as normal? Sorry to be negative. Think it's mainly as Bearded was so amazing and can't see how Glastonbury could match it!

How are you feeling now @Chrisp1986

10 hours ago, Colorblindjames said:

Meh. To many Djs and the headliners all over the site are mostly poor. The all male pyramid stage was a screw up.

Not enough indie bands for me. Still plenty to enjoy and discover I'm sure.  

Moaning about the all male pyramid line up and then moaning about the lack of indie bands (generally male) is a bit ironic.

I would have liked a few more larger name ones

9 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

You can say the lineup isn't to your taste or whatever else, but I can't remember seeing this level of let-down from so many different places (here, my mates, reddit, the """""other place"""""", twitter, facebook) - everywhere I've seen generally it's gone down pretty badly. 

I think that's whats sold me on the fact it's a bit of a crap lineup this year, I've not seen anyone get massively excited - any praise seems fairly measured. If it was a matter of personal prefence there'd be more people raving about how they're missing out/ how excited they are.

Of course there's some great stuff (Four Tet, Slowdive, Carly Rae, Elton, Caroline Polachek for me) and we'll have a fantastic time, but I don't think anyone was itching to see Royal Blood stink out the place.

Have you read the individual threads on here for Silver Hayes, for West Holts, Woodsies, the Park, Shangri La? 

Everyone one of those threads has been very very positive and excited.

• Like 1

Personally and Honestly? I can see about 3 sides to this.

Headliners. A bit weak/stale. Massive acts present but across the big stages, nothing to get giddy about. Elton is a coup, and will be great, but having seen him in 2019, he was past it then.

Rest of the big stage lineup. Positive but mixed.  Some gems but not many and most clash for me. 😞

After hours. Not much for me, but everyone I know who knows this stuff is buzzing.

Guess this one is for the dance fans. And why not.