Site Map 2023

Dukeicon

Am I the only one worried that there won’t be any actual music in the Glade this year? There’s still the glade stage (not in the glade), but last years glade lounge, in the glade doesn’t seem to be there.

Granted, the sound bleed between those stages was horrendous, but I hoped they might do something clever rather than get rid of music in the glade.

22 minutes ago, cerv said:

As a recent convert to travelling via public transport the loss of camping space close to gate A is v. annoying.

It would be nice if the festival could provide some sort of tram from the bus and coach station down the road to Paines Ground for those coming and going via public transport. Especially since trolleys aren't typically permitted on the coaches.

Of course, the monorail would be even better 😉

23 minutes ago, BigMarv said:

Am I the only one worried that there won’t be any actual music in the Glade this year? There’s still the glade stage (not in the glade), but last years glade lounge, in the glade doesn’t seem to be there.

Granted, the sound bleed between those stages was horrendous, but I hoped they might do something clever rather than get rid of music in the glade.

Oh man! I hadn't spotted that. I used to love the old Glade Lounge (not in the glade itself, I know...) and the Glade Dome last year, with PsyTrance on the Sunday night was FANTASTIC! I dearly hope both that venue and line-up have not gone 🥺

Ben

14 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh man! I hadn't spotted that. I used to love the old Glade Lounge (not in the glade itself, I know...) and the Glade Dome last year, with PsyTrance on the Sunday night was FANTASTIC! I dearly hope both that venue and line-up have not gone 🥺

Ben

I’m not sure the map confirms that the glade dome won’t be there… it just says glade on the map there. It’s just a blip, like the extra venue in Block9.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BigMarv said:

I just checked out the 2022 map and that didn't have the glade lounge on it either. So can't draw any conclusions yet. Fingers crossed it stays. Somne great times there over the years....

2 hours ago, Mike A said:

It would be nice if the festival could provide some sort of tram from the bus and coach station down the road to Paines Ground for those coming and going via public transport. Especially since trolleys aren't typically permitted on the coaches.

Of course, the monorail would be even better 😉

Yeah yeah ok, I’m only having a moan because this is the fourth time I’ve had to move on from a usual area due to a site reconfig. I’ll get over it come June 🙂 

8 hours ago, lukemack said:

Would probably aim for camping in Dairy field this year if we weren't in Sticklinch, have been in Oxylers for years, but last year seemed extra busy there.

I think people finally  figured out that camping in one of the central parts of the fest is ideal. 

12 minutes ago, Ged Devereux said:

I take it Oxylers fills up fairly quickly?

Yes. Oxylers, Pennards and Park Home are some of the quickest to fill up with most of the space occupied by Wednesday afternoon. Then the camping around the Pyramid all fills up very quickly as well

Looking at some of the walkway changes, they existed last year but didn’t have a pink line through them. Does the pink line indicate a wider walkway? 

The walkway cutting right through Row Mead makes that a slightly less desirable camping area, surely. 

Quite a few more food/market places out in the fields this year. 

Like the addition of the new walkway into/out from The Woods using the previously fenced off bit that gave off dusty old quarry vibes. Could be very useful for getting back up to Hitchin Hill and Lime Kiln.

Screenshot_20230512-095011.png

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Looking at some of the walkway changes, they existed last year but didn’t have a pink line through them. Does the pink line indicate a wider walkway? 

The walkway cutting right through Row Mead makes that a slightly less desirable camping area, surely. 

Quite a few more food/market places out in the fields this year. 

Yeah, some of the pathways actually existed last year but were not on the map (ie the trackway through the middle of Dairy). I emailed the Glastonbury Festival office last June (🤓) and asked about some of the paths being missing. They said they'd be added on future versions of the map. I guess they never got round to uploading it to the website before the last festival.

There were also more water points and toilets in the camping areas, some of which are still missing from the map.

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The pink line always used to indicate trackway on the path. Where it was just a white line the path was there but it was just grass underfoot