Site Map 2023

Dukeicon

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

That would be nice. I think maybe more like just showing the perceived 'boundary' of the venue - maybe bordered by flags etc.

Ben

No where else shows flags like that though. At the very least its got to be pretty big structures for lighting. Yes Im over analysing a semi-circle of tiny blue squares!

Edited by Harry3

Yeah, I'm not sure it's going to be just flags around the border. Looks more substantial than that. Looks a bit like the dotted line of the Stone Circle. Perhaps like some kind of high-fencing to form the enclosure part that light up in red, orange, and green, like the levels on a mixing deck.

image.png.47d686b3dba675f309f70bdec9713473.png

43 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Wait, am I reading too much into it now, does the shape of the enclosure look like a knob on a mixing deck?!

image.png.9cea493e78b1369475d86b7083e87c64.png image.png.4a3607808c517a246a19252492a75d9c.png

I’ve been thinking about it like the Somerset Levels the whole time. God, I’m such a bumpkin. 

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, I'm not sure it's going to be just flags around the border. Looks more substantial than that. Looks a bit like the dotted line of the Stone Circle. Perhaps like some kind of high-fencing to form the enclosure part that light up in red, orange, and green, like the levels on a mixing deck.

image.png.47d686b3dba675f309f70bdec9713473.png

I meant like this -

image.png.fd7b23491bd11533009bcde8af6e18b4.png

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

12 hours ago, Bods670 said:

I’ve been thinking about it like the Somerset Levels the whole time. God, I’m such a bumpkin. 

I mean, it could be the Somerset Levels. I had to look it up, but the theme could all be about wetlands, drains, sea defences - gallons of water being sprayed over people as they party it up on undulating ground.

It does roughly fit the size of the Somerset Levels area too. 

image.png.eccb8ba36fb3dced58e0959835c2b938.png

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I mean, it could be the Somerset Levels. I had to look it up, but the theme could all be about wetlands, drains, sea defences - gallons of water being sprayed over people as they party it up on undulating ground.

It does roughly fit the size of the Somerset Levels area too. 

image.png.eccb8ba36fb3dced58e0959835c2b938.png

Or maybe it's a stage that only has bands with Level in the name playing on each of the blue bits, Levellers on the big bit as they once headlined, Level 42... 

Actually I can't think of any others so maybe not. 

2 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

Or maybe it's a stage that only has bands with Level in the name playing on each of the blue bits, Levellers on the big bit as they once headlined, Level 42... 

Another Level ?!

• Like 1

Did anyone take any high res screenshots of the 3d site map that was released last year? Was incredible detail and could really get a feel for how busy camping areas were. I took some of Bushy as that's where we camp, but not much else. Unfortunately the website is locked now.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 22.19.01.png

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 22.15.46.png

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 22.14.24.png

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 22.16.36.png

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Lubic said:

Did anyone take any high res screenshots of the 3d site map that was released last year? Was incredible detail and could really get a feel for how busy camping areas were. I took some of Bushy as that's where we camp, but not much else. Unfortunately the website is locked now.

How the hell did I miss this, this looks incredible. what was the web site?

15 minutes ago, Lubic said:

I looked on that site when it was live but unfortunately didn't take any screenshots. Wish it was accessable again.

47 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

Level 42 are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, would love to see them at the farm [if i'm able to get there this year].

35 minutes ago, Lubic said:

That site really was superb, such a shame that it bit the dust so soon. Love the worn out pathways between the tents.

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That site really was superb, such a shame that it bit the dust so soon. Love the worn out pathways between the tents.

I find these images quite interesting. I never go into public campsites and don't really pay attention when I have to pass them, which is usually only when I'm headed to the Park.

There's a lot more space between tents than I thought.

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I find these images quite interesting. I never go into public campsites and don't really pay attention when I have to pass them, which is usually only when I'm headed to the Park.

This is out behind Silver Hayes, there isn't this much space between tents in most other areas. 

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

What you can't see are the guy ropes, a nightmare when making your way back at night. Plus Bushy's is a bit further out, they are packed in tighter closer to the centre of the site.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

What you can't see are the guy ropes, a nightmare when making your way back at night. Plus Bushy's is a bit further out, they are packed in tighter closer to the centre of the site.

I usually camp 'behind the park' (that's now been lost for this year sadly) and the tents are much more tightly packed in than those pictures.

52 minutes ago, Lubic said:

I can see my tent, loads of space. I hope it's the same this year but I doubt it. 

16 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I've never had this much space round our tent!  Luxury! (cue 4 Yorkshiremen.gif.)