Blur

jannybruck

I know not technically Blur but is Damon, did anyone go to this? I'm not sure what happened but looking at some of the comments it sounds like Alan Carr turned up three sheets to the wind then wrapped it up after 20 minutes. Sounds like Damon and Jamie made of it what they could though and stuck around signing some things. 

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Sounds sober to me. Alan Carr is a trash human. Seems he just did his usual loud, talking over people tacky Benidorm club host shtick.

Damon is an incredibly dour and boring person anyway.

Heres the recording.

"Trash human" feels like a needlessly nasty way to describe someone so inoffensive...

59 minutes ago, Chef said:

I know not technically Blur but is Damon, did anyone go to this? I'm not sure what happened but looking at some of the comments it sounds like Alan Carr turned up three sheets to the wind then wrapped it up after 20 minutes. Sounds like Damon and Jamie made of it what they could though and stuck around signing some things. 

I went; they spent 10 (out of 20) minutes talking about Damon stealing Jamie's underwear for 10 mins.
I don’t think Alan was drunk. I think it was probably just his exuberant nature combined with asking questions to two brick walls.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Still no word on any UK warm up gigs? 👀

I have been reliably informed 15 gigs in total booked for blur this year. 13 already announced so 2 more remaining.  One will be Colchester, my guess for 2nd will be Wolverhampton (they have played a warm up there every reunion so far, head of security, Smoggy, is from there). 

10 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

I have been reliably informed 15 gigs in total booked for blur this year. 13 already announced so 2 more remaining.  One will be Colchester, my guess for 2nd will be Wolverhampton (they have played a warm up there every reunion so far, head of security, Smoggy, is from there). 

Very interesting, thanks.

Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

From the New Cue newsletter interview with James Ford

"

How’s your Wednesday morning been?
Busy, hectic. I’m in the middle of a bunch of different projects at the minute. I’m not sure how on or off the record they are, but I’m making a **** record [James didn’t actually clarify if this was on or off the record but we should probably redact it as it would be a tender subject if girls and boys got news of this too early, save it for tomorrow] "

So new Blur album in the works!

On 3/27/2023 at 11:33 AM, zahidf said:

From the New Cue newsletter interview with James Ford

"

How’s your Wednesday morning been?
Busy, hectic. I’m in the middle of a bunch of different projects at the minute. I’m not sure how on or off the record they are, but I’m making a **** record [James didn’t actually clarify if this was on or off the record but we should probably redact it as it would be a tender subject if girls and boys got news of this too early, save it for tomorrow] "

So new Blur album in the works!

Missed this till I saw it on the AM forums too. Various larger publications reporting on the story have pulled their articles, seems very hush hush!

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/producer-james-ford-seemingly-confirms-hes-working-on-a-new-blur-album/

https://www.rollingstone.co.uk/music/news/wait-is-james-ford-working-on-a-new-blur-record-27986/

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Al2006 said:

Does the colchester link actually work for anyone? I keep just getting an error

Yeah error for me too, just rang the venue as well just in case they had any tickets but it’s all online.

annoying the tickets are through Ticketmaster and that bloody queue system; never seem to have any luck with it.

2 minutes ago, Blank Expression said:

Yeah error for me too, just rang the venue as well just in case they had any tickets but it’s all online.

annoying the tickets are through Ticketmaster and that bloody queue system; never seem to have any luck with it.

Good to hear it's not just me! Hopefully sorts itself soon
When does the queue system start? Will it be 10am on the dot or do you need to join beforehand?

Haven't used ticket master for a little while and when I loaded up the app today it had signed me out and I had to change my password due to a new system.  I think this is just because i've used both the UK and American sites and they are now connected, but it might be worth double checking in case you find yourself in that situation tomorrow morning!

(except for anyone else trying for Newcastle, I'm sure it will be fine don't bother....)

• Upvote 1