Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

3 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I've just come from Loyle Carner and walked through the middle of the Pyramid with absolutely no issue. Camera must be doing them massive favours. you could play 5 a side in the gaps 

It's been fantastic. 

Most people who attend Glasto are probably under 30 and don't know a lot of the songs that's why 

7 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

It's been fantastic. 

Most people who attend Glasto are probably under 30 and don't know a lot of the songs that's why 

I'm not disputing this. Everyone there may have enjoyed it. But it's the emptiest I've seen a headliner so I'm merely mentioning that. 

9 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

More ruddy Grohl! 🤣

9 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Oh f**k Dave has turned up

Will lose respect for him if, before he goes off stage, he doesn't stroll up to the mic and say "hi Axl! Hi Axl! Where's Axl? Hi Axl! Hi Axl!"

Edited by VCK
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Riggins said:

I'm not disputing this. Everyone there may have enjoyed it. But it's the emptiest I've seen a headliner so I'm merely mentioning that. 

They will regret leaving when they see the last 30 mins back on iPlayer. 

Crowd sizes don't mean that much anymore either. Lewis Capaldi drew a huge crowd earlier which speaks volumes about the way this festival has gone. I'd rather listen to cats drown than his tedious ballads personally.

Long term poster turned off by the negativity here… back.

Think it’s time for a lot of you to eat your hat on GNR.

It wasn’t a giant crowd and Axl’s voice has long been scotched. But the turnout was far from a humiliation. The singalongs rocked. Flares going off and no exodus as predicted. Best of all? They visibly relished the chance to prove people wrong. Have to have played their best set in decades

And on time. What’s happening to the world.

You can make your jibes about Macca doing a better Live and Let Die or gaps at the back, but it’s time to face the facts

Only thing sadder than a geriatric GNR? People on here who spent six months gnashing teeth, predicting they’d flop and go down as an all-time worst headline set… only for it to be pretty good fun

Better luck next time?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11

That just seemed a really fun old-school headliner set from what I saw on the telly. Axel’s voice shot to bits, Slash absolutely nailing the guitar but they just looked like they were having fun and the crowd did too. 

We overcomplicate a lot on here about festivals a lot of the time but just having a good time is what it’s all about at the end of the day 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I thought they were great (Just got back to me tent and lying down resting my poor bastard feet!) and surprisingly polished and professional! Ok, Axl’s voice isn’t like it was in the eighties, but that’s what happens with metal singers with a high pitch, Judas Priest work wonders with mic distortion with Rob Halford - they could do something vaguely similar with Axl. But he actually seemed decent, wasn’t the classic massive bellend of previous, and obvs it was pretty much all about Slash, who was amazing. That’s not new news though, he’s Slash. 
setlist could’ve done with a trim, though personally I was right chuffed with estranged and double talkin jive. All told it was an 8/10 and I was steeled for a 6. Better than expected 👍

• Upvote 2

Watching at home I was all set for them to be an embarrassment, they were anything but. I really enjoyed it and the crowd seemed to enjoy it too. As someone who did see them in the 80s when they genuinely were good I happily watched all of that set and it was good to see some youngsters really get into it too. A very pleasant surprise all round.

Watched on tv and enjoyed. Was at Leeds in 2010 and everything about tonight looked better. Think Axl paced himself. Ropey moments early doors then Patience, knocking on heavens door and night train he sounded pretty decent. Band on top form. Thought Slash on fire, playing better than he looks.

Really enjoyed that. Better than I expected. Considering the first half of the set wasn’t laden with the big anthems I thought the crowd stayed very interested too. There was some thinning but I was genuinely surprised how many were still there at the end. Good stuff, much more enjoyable than last night.

45 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Went with the intention of bailing to Fatboy at the Park. I stayed and I loved it. 

This was our intention and he’s voice was much better than I expected and I thought improved throughout the set. 
we somehow managed to get a proper stomp on and got to the park in 16 mins. Then realised FBS finished around 00.00. But never mind, ended up in silver hayes 

Edited by lendan

Saw Melanie C completely knock it out of Avalon, hotfooted to Pyramid and got there about 10 minutes before Sweet Child Of Mine. Dead east to get on level with the mixing desk. Great stuff.

I can finally lay England v Germany in 2010 to rest 😂