Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

AM, GNR, Liam, Roxy makes me think that things have gone horribly wrong and there’s probably been some very intense meetings in the office.

it really does look like cost of living glastonbury though

I'm still not having Roxy Music in that slot.

Keep the faith, everyone. Loads of festivals across Europe have still yet to pull the trigger on the big name announcements. It's coming. They won't let us down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm still not having Roxy Music in that slot.

Keep the faith, everyone. Loads of festivals across Europe have still yet to pull the trigger on the big name announcements. It's coming. They won't let us down.

Correct, whilst we can speculate and try and read between lines I reckon there’s a nice surprise or two in the pipeline. Probably Roxy will play but possibly not in the legends. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Correct, whilst we can speculate and try and read between lines I reckon there’s a nice surprise or two in the pipeline. 

This is the festival that pulled Kendrick out of the bag in June, when no one else had him. And it was stunning. There might be the odd faux pas now and again, but as I've said before, 9 times out of 10, they get it right from what's available to them.

There's definitely some mileage in the thoughts that securing suitable headliners may be proving difficult this time round. I wonder if the budget cap has become more restrictive than ever. There's a lot of artists and acts who went two years with little income, looking to (rightly) make up for those losses. There's also a load of greedy c**ts too, mind

I know Lizzo is not headliner material (yet), but surely she'd be a better booking than Liam fucking Gallagher? Although I don't think I could take all the 'woke booking' whining for the next 4 years. 

If Liam Gallagher is the bar ... can't we get The XX or Royal Blood? Or some other not big enough British band who would love a bump. 

4 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

I know Lizzo is not headliner material (yet), but surely she'd be a better booking than Liam fucking Gallagher? Although I don't think I could take all the 'woke booking' whining for the next 4 years. 

If Liam Gallagher is the bar ... can't we get The XX or Royal Blood? Or some other not big enough British band who would love a bump. 

Royal Blood headlining Glastonbury…. Lol

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

Back online

Liam now down to 3/1

Yep, spotted.

Reckon we can all just REALLLLLLY cross our fingers and get a one-off Oasis reunion? That with a spot of Blur and Pulp... go for the full Brit Pop effect?

EDIT: Also, these are apparently from the future. The person has set the date as 1st December 2022. lol

Edited by WhatADin

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

The "well it's the most well respected festival in the world, huge money-can't-buy promo for any artist, they can get any headliner they want because it's Glastonbury and who wouldn't" narrative potentially getting eroded to smithereens over the course of a few months has been bleakly hilarious.

People want paying 

Imagine that

38 minutes ago, CiaranMc said:

Was gonna say the only way you’d get me to the Pyramid field to watch Liam would be if his special guests were Noel, Guigsy, Bonehead, and Alan White.

Almost certainly still wouldn't bother.

14 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Yes she would and I reckon would be a great headliner.  All the "not big enough" talk doesn't wash with me.  She's got a great back catalogue, new album is fanfuckingtastic and she's an awesome live performer.