Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

This is a bookies exercise in creaming money out of people. Set odds for something that'll never happen, drop a couple of rumours, people bet on it and drive the odds down, more people jump on it and lob money on, bookie gets a lovely pile of free cash with no chance of getting reamed. 

Liam Gallagher headlining ffs 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

This is a bookies exercise in creaming money out of people. Set odds for something that'll never happen, drop a couple of rumours, people bet on it and drive the odds down, more people jump on it and lob money on, bookie gets a lovely pile of free cash with no chance of getting reamed. 

Someone on here has just lobbed 10 quid on it.... COme on own up

9 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I'm sure the bookies are making 4 year aged accounts on efestivals while the biggest football competition in the world happens

The glastonbury market is tiny, they make less off it than a single league 1 match probably

3 minutes ago, JamieKThomas said:

I was looking at The Thingy and it seems like we should be expecting a headliner announcement any day now. The last four festivals saw the headliner announced by now. When do we think we will get our first headliner? 

I'm predicting Arctic Monkeys announced befor the end of November

There is no pattern

1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

Lolz if he does headline. He did say he was going to disappear for a bit after current dates so people could have a rest from him. But I guess if did get offered the big one, he'd take it. As much as anything to troll Noel.

Highly doubtful though, Id say.

I can’t see it at all but maybe it’s all an Eavis long game to piss Noel off. They’ve been waiting since 2008 for revenge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieKThomas said:

Like I said, the last 4 years we have known a headliner by now which is why I am asking

Aye, and there is no pattern

We have literally no idea when the first headliner will be announced

Could be tomorrow, could be Christmas, could be NYE, could be Feb

All the possibilities are possible and only the Eavii know the truth

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Anyone putting money on LG on the basis of a comment on here from that user is nuts.

Look at their post history 🤣 they'e made about 50 predictions about TRNSMT 2019 which were all wrong lol

All it takes is anyone coming into this thread and say X is headlining and people lap it up

I think it's less people betting on it more just whoever does the odds reducing them as soon as an act is discussed on here as a potential headliner.

9 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

fwiw (first-time poster here) I've heard there were talks about LG headlining. Unclear if anything came of it, and like most on here I'm sceptical Glasto would book him to headline unless it was a very last-minute replacement.

Where did you hear this then ? 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Anyone putting money on LG on the basis of a comment on here from that user is nuts.

Look at their post history 🤣 they'e made about 50 predictions about TRNSMT 2019 which were all wrong lol

All it takes is anyone coming into this thread and say X is headlining and people lap it up

What say you @The-Heartbreak-Kid?

Are you a troll or can you prove you are legit?

44 minutes ago, JamieKThomas said:

I was looking at The Thingy and it seems like we should be expecting a headliner announcement any day now. The last four festivals saw the headliner announced by now. When do we think we will get our first headliner? 

I'm predicting Arctic Monkeys announced befor the end of November

T day was a month later than it usually had been. No expectation a name comes up this month.