Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Because there have been no rumours whatsoever of her headlining Glastonbury 2023.

RHCP having never touched Glasto and playing a festival in Belgium a week before is as worthwhile to me as us already knowing a worldwide Beyonce tour is due to be announced, but fair enough. Mostly me hoping. Would take Rihanna though. 

Just now, BenG92 said:

RHCP having never touched Glasto and playing a festival in Belgium a week before is as worthwhile to me as us already knowing a worldwide Beyonce tour is due to be announced, but fair enough. Mostly me hoping. Would take Rihanna though. 

If a tour gets announced and there's a GSH she can go on to the possibilities list.

RHCP are there because they're a massive, headliner sized act who will be in Europe and free that weekend.

Might have missed a reason why she can't play but wonder if Dua Lipa can headline one night and Elton the other and they combine for their song on one of the nights? I guess it would make most sense for him to come on during her set as he'll have a hard enough job fitting all his songs into his own set let alone adding collabs (even if that collab is already a cover of his song).

AM - Elton - Dua Lipa is a great set of headliners.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If a tour gets announced and there's a GSH she can go on to the possibilities list.

RHCP are there because they're a massive, headliner sized act who will be in Europe and free that weekend.

They are, but the Eavis clan were still holding their 29 year long RHCP grudge strong as recently as 3 years ago, honestly I think Beyonce with no announced dates is still more likely than them at this point. But I guess that's something impossible to measure, they could change their mind overnight. 

18 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Might have missed a reason why she can't play but wonder if Dua Lipa can headline one night and Elton the other and they combine for their song on one of the nights? I guess it would make most sense for him to come on during her set as he'll have a hard enough job fitting all his songs into his own set let alone adding collabs (even if that collab is already a cover of his song).

AM - Elton - Dua Lipa is a great set of headliners.

No chance Reg is sticking around to do one song the next night… much more likely that Dua doesn’t headline and appears in his set to tee up her return I. 2024

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

Supporting pink, no where near a headliner

I'm inclined to agree. 15 years ago, totally could have but since she left the UK/leaned more into US media etc, she's fallen off the radar a bit in terms of mainstream. 

Also, she hasn't released a solo album since 2017 which was a Xmas album, 2016 for a studio album, and No Doubt's last album was 2012. She did release a couple of songs in 2020, but no album.

She's no headliner if she's only a support at Hyde Park. 

This year's subs at Hyde Park included Stereophonics, Pixies, Nile Rogers and Plant & Krauss. Any of them headlining?

Not sure she's even a sub to be honest.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

She's no headliner if she's only a support at Hyde Park. 

This year's subs at Hyde Park included Stereophonics, Pixies, Nile Rogers and Plant & Krauss. Any of them headlining?

Not sure she's even a sub to be honest.

Skippy has argued for this dangerous renegade a few times.

4 hours ago, 09matthewsw said:

And people think Blur are ruled out because they’re in Dublin the day before. 🤦‍♂️ 

No, people think Blur are ruled out as their Wembley date is being touted as their only UK appearance in 2023.