Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Hmmm that really is a stacked day.

i personally can’t see how they can’t sub if it’s below Elton 

Unless Lizzo is headlining Other opposite GNR

although…. She 100% deserves to be on that pyramid stage

Edited by sisco

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It got blown off when Lisa Fischer took her solo on Gimme Shelter.

Watching it back on TV you can see her and Mick properly pick up on the crowd reaction to her solo. Think he even mentions it when they’re doing the band intros later. They got momentum from there.

Think Wild Horses was soon after and I loved that

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They’re in an weird too big to sub/too small to headline position so outside of them doing a secret set, which is a very real possibility tbf,I can’t see where they’d fit in. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a4fd40e90f405c09990b7b6e05d0d647.jpeg

That’s not the poster position of a band too big to sub Glastonbury. I mean look at the acts that are their “equals” on this poster and look at the acts one line above them...

10 minutes ago, assorted said:

That’s not the poster position of a band too big to sub Glastonbury. I mean look at the acts that are their “equals” on this poster and look at the acts one line above them...

the 1975 are way bigger in England though.

Rosalia is headlining Primavera but she wouldn't headline Glastonbury, at least not at the moment 

• Upvote 1

glastonbury sells out without an act being announced because up to now, punters can realistically expect three top-notch headliners and a top notch line-up across the rest.  looks like they've spoilt that this year.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

glastonbury sells out without an act being announced because up to now, punters can realistically expect three top-notch headliners and a top notch line-up across the rest.  looks like they've spoilt that this year.

We don't know if it'll be a top notch lineup across the rest yet but history would suggest they won't let us down (there are some great names being suggested), even if the combined headline trio don't live up to usual high standards/expectations. It'll be fine. Maybe this is the year of the stacked undercard?

24 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

We don't know if it'll be a top notch lineup across the rest yet but history would suggest they won't let us down (there are some great names being suggested), even if the combined headline trio don't live up to usual high standards/expectations. It'll be fine. Maybe this is the year of the stacked undercard?

My faith in them is jaded too much of the line-up is too pop for this old codger. 

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I was in the field for about 15/20 minutes. They were poor, I left. Public Enemy were superb.

Lemmy once said the Stones are a great studio band, but a bad live act. Reckon he knows more than me.

When Lemmy played he was younger than the Stones and didn't even know what song he was supposed to be playing. Mick and the lads were incredible, my favourite ever gig.

1 hour ago, assorted said:

That’s not the poster position of a band too big to sub Glastonbury. I mean look at the acts that are their “equals” on this poster and look at the acts one line above them..

Look at 1975s UK tour against Machine Gun Kelly, or the black keys. They are bigger than both in the UK. Headlined Reading. 

48 minutes ago, Neil said:

Sorry Neil you're just wrong on this one lad. I know you don't like em, but it is arguably the BIGGEST trio ever. 

7 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I genuinely don’t know anyone who has actually seen Elton John do a live show last year who thought he was awful. I have even seen people say they went not especially liking him because they got a free ticket and they really enjoyed him. That’s actually why I am quite excited about him. His live reputation seems pretty solid. I am not a huge fan. I have never bought an album by him, said just yesterday I would not pay to see him live but he’s a fantastic booking for the festival. 

He was FUCKING FANTASTIC in June.

50 minutes ago, Neil said:

That’s just complete nonsense. 

I can’t even be bothered to elaborate as everyone has a thousand times. You’re just stuck in a loop because you don’t like them. 

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

That’s just complete nonsense. 

I can’t even be bothered to elaborate as everyone has a thousand times. You’re just stuck in a loop because i don't think they're not worthy of it.

corrected for you.

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, Neil said:

By that reasoning, it will not sell out instantly it goes on sale, next year.

I bet it will.

I am honestly getting bored with this now. I get it, you don’t like GNR, but from a guy that wrote Prince off as ‘bad heavy metal’ I’d be generous enough to say that your taste does not jibe with that of the general public. Get over it. Enjoy yourself.