Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

I appreciate this is the headliners thread but it looks like we’ve got:

Elton John, Arctic Monkeys, Guns N Roses, Lizzo, Queens of the Stone Age, Sam Smith, Lewis Capaldi, Pulp and The Prodigy as pretty much guarantees.   I know not all will suit people but I’d say it’s a fairly good start 

38 minutes ago, sisco said:

Elton John, Arctic Monkeys, Guns N Roses, Lizzo, Queens of the Stone Age, Sam Smith, Lewis Capaldi, Pulp and The Prodigy as pretty much guarantees.   I know not all will suit people but I’d say it’s a fairly good start 

Still don't think Pulp. Wishful thinking and a GSH doesn't a slot make.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

glastonbury sells out without an act being announced because up to now, punters can realistically expect three top-notch headliners and a top notch line-up across the rest.  looks like they've spoilt that this year.

Are you sure Neil? Most people buy into the Glastonbury experience as a whole (whether they're old timers or newbie's). The headliners help but aren't essential IMO. The rest of the lineup hasn't been announced yet.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

glastonbury sells out without an act being announced because up to now, punters can realistically expect three top-notch headliners and a top notch line-up across the rest.  looks like they've spoilt that this year.

I disagree, I think most festivals since it started selling out have had one poor headliner. Mumfords, The Verve, Kasabian, etc. Its only been the last few fests it's been consistently solid.

17 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I disagree, I think most festivals since it started selling out have had one poor headliner. Mumfords, The Verve, Kasabian, etc. Its only been the last few fests it's been consistently solid.

Since 2010 it's sold out on the day, it's sold out under 2 hours since 2013. That's 10 festivals. 

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

Edited by chazwwe

17 hours ago, gigpusher said:

There are a huge number of people who could learn from her [Lizzo] although it amazes me how many people bring that very tiny incident up and yet people who have had kids take out restraining orders against them people hope are headlining the Other Stage. 

Because it went against her whole brand, that's why. People don't like hypocrites.

IDGAF if she plays Glasto or not, but this whole "you either stand with her or you're with the far right" narrative on the internet is insufferable AF.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sisco said:

I can appreciate how good that is for many, but of those acts there are only two I'd see, and they could easily clash with each other. I'd probably turn up for Pulp as well, if they're there.

Edited by kalifire

2 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Are you sure Neil? Most people buy into the Glastonbury experience as a whole (whether they're old timers or newbie's). The headliners help but aren't essential IMO. The rest of the lineup hasn't been announced yet.

Headliners are an indication of where things are at with the bookings, if the headliners are less applealing then thats reflected for the rest. 

But AM were always expected, and Elton John is a great booking.

So you're pinning all of that comment basically on GnR. What you're saying is that the entire lineup of the festival will be worse based entirely on the fact that GnR are playing.

Which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 4:27 PM, Matt42 said:

Think we are only talking about them in contention to 2024 because they are not touring in 2023. The main rumours are that the tour was looked at for 2023 but isn’t happening, and is happening in 2024 instead.

For whatever it's worth (and even if this is true I doubt it has any relevance to either Glastonbury or PP), there now seems to be a lot of chatter about FF headlining at Bonnaroo this year. Guess we'll find out next week.

6 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Whole lotta people here need to touch grass and log back on once the lineup drops

so they can moan the same moans all over again then? 

5 hours ago, Neil said:

Headliners are an indication of where things are at with the bookings, if the headliners are less applealing then thats reflected for the rest. 

Again, that's just not true. 

If they were shit headliners, which they are not, that's only the indicator of who's available and big enough to headline the Pyramid. It has no reflection on who else is touring that could play the 5 main stages, who's available in the house/techno/dnb scene or anywhere else. 

Guns N Roses headline stadiums and huge venues all over the world

They're doing a date at BST this year which has shared Headers with Glastonbury for years.

This whole…. They’re not suitable to headline Glastonbury/loads of tickets are going to be returned because of them business is very very weird and boring. 

Coldplay, Stereophonics and Rod Stewart headlined in the same year at one point and this years trio is seen as weak?!

Again, we’ve been massively spoiled in the past, especially over the last decade or so where they really upped the anti on securing as many big hitters as possible, so every once in a while we’re gonna get a trio that looks a little less special, and the argument could be made that this year’s is just that, but… they’re also three huge acts who play and often sell out stadiums, so it’s certainly more a matter of personal opinion, but alas, I’m sure Neil will be back on the next page to regurgitate his same old talking points once again as if they’re fact, and then again every day until lineup day, resale day, festival day etc…

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Elton is a special booking. At this specific point in time there's noone better that they could have booked.

Yeah I agree. I think the fact that he’s toured non stop for two years straight might’ve taken the shine off a little in a lot of peoples eyes, but him doing his last ever U.K. show at Glastonbury is massive and I can’t think of a better way to close off Glastonbury ‘23 than his set of wall to wall hits. Gonna be a proper euphoric tearjerker, and Christ do I hope I get to be there.