The "I'm going to Glastonbury 2023" thread

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 hour ago, Fingerbobs said:

Yep, this was the case for tonight's coach tickets. I don't believe that my mate even got a confirmation email, just me as lead booker followed a little while later by the payment link.

Thanks for confirming that. For some reason I'd imagined it would be like the October sales where they email everyone to give them the opportunity to buy their own tickets.

16 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Whoop .... I'm going to Glastonbury 2023!

One of the lucky few that got straight in at 5:59 and done and dusted by 6:01. Once in again nothing for any others.

See you in the fields and good luck to those trying Sunday.

The Hanoi Rocks for The Pyramid petition starts here.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, J.B. said:

Hello again eFests. I haven't been able to look at you since my general sale failure. I've been so lucky to get through in resale. It's good to be back 👋

Congrats, looks like you are in a minority in being successful this morning , we’ve been lucky in a few previous resales and well remember the elation you must be feeling. 

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Congrats, looks like you are in a minority in being successful this morning , we’ve been lucky in a few previous resales and well remember the elation you must be feeling. 

Yeah looking at the success rate I feel more like a competition winner than someone who bought a ticket in the resale. I really appreciate how lucky I've been.

5 hours ago, J.B. said:

Yeah looking at the success rate I feel more like a competition winner than someone who bought a ticket in the resale. I really appreciate how lucky I've been.

Me too. That's the way it is though now though right? It's already like a quasi-ballot with the way you get to the reg screen or not.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

**knock knock**

I'm allowed to post in this thread now 😁

So much to do now. 

Can't believe it. 

Filtering through all the announcements! 

Making a Clashfinder!

Parting with more cash on travel arrangements!

Working out which alcohol mixture I'm gonna tent!

YEEEEEESSSS

Awesome stuff, really pleased for you. Missed out this year for the first time in 18 years. Well chuffed for anyone who bagged them this year, it seemed more of a lottery than usual which, much as I hate to say it, must be a good thing going forward, it's the way it should be I think rather than the likes of me going every year whilst other punters lose out every year. Have a ball, now the excitement builds all the way to the end of June, which you will now already!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Awesome stuff, really pleased for you. Missed out this year for the first time in 18 years. Well chuffed for anyone who bagged them this year, it seemed more of a lottery than usual which, much as I hate to say it, must be a good thing going forward, it's the way it should be I think rather than the likes of me going every year whilst other punters lose out every year. Have a ball, now the excitement builds all the way to the end of June, which you will now already!

Thanks bro! It really feels like the new system will favour variety of attendee rather than people who are more prepared, and it's amazing that you can approach it so philosophically despite your loss of not going. Cheers for your offer of helping out Group 5 and eFesters in general.

18 years though is a great run! You must have had some wild times during those years and you'll be back on the farm before you know it!

2 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Love this post x

Still doesn’t feel real but its fantastic to finally have tickets thanks to the amazing @Scrump.

Having just 2 months to prepare rather than the normal 8 is a very new concept for me, but looking forward to getting stuck into the playlists and making some new discoveries. 

My 14th Glastonbury will also be very different due to it being just myself and another buddy rather than our normal large group. Planning on attending any gatherings and hopefully meeting some efesters IRL for the first time. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Very well said 👍

I got incredibly lucky today - at 9:10, after the sold out message, I was reflecting on another year missed - 10 minutes later, along with a few others in our resale group, I was jumping around like a lunatic after finding out some incredible person from this forum had bagged tickets for my resale group. I’ve done a few glastos now but can’t remember feeling anything like the elation of this morning after thinking I’d missed out again.

Reading about a lot of efesters missing out like yourself has really hit home, it’s all down to luck - and god knows when I’m going to get that luck again in future years - so I’m going to be soaking up every second of this festival like it’s my last. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

This is such a brilliant post and I really hope you find a way to get there and if not, that you're straight in for 2024. I somehow got through on the general sale back in November but having failed so often in recent years I was absolutely with you all this morning. People like you are the spirit of this festival!