2024 Headliners

5 hours ago, Neil said:

no, he was calling depeche mode "the pervy pet shop boys, its not a wrong description when you think about it. 

It's funny tbf in that any attempt to dispute that only leads you down the rabbit hole. Strangelove would've been my pick rather than Master and Servant, but then on that one... it's a bit obvious innit?

On 12/20/2023 at 2:15 PM, nikkic said:

Which is exactly how I feel about Drake. 

The most boring rap artist on the planet, his success baffles me. 

Totally agree. It's relentlessly dull and insipid. From the very first note. Which is probably why he plays 15sec MP3s of a track and then moves on. 

Edited by danbailey80

I was just looking at Green Day's tour and it appears they have Friday and Sunday of Glastonbury available. The Friday is less likely as they are in Dublin the night before but Sunday is the day after their Wembley show and although it would mean 2 nights in a row it isn't unheard of for them and they do have a month off before their American tour. 

43 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

I was just looking at Green Day's tour and it appears they have Friday and Sunday of Glastonbury available. The Friday is less likely as they are in Dublin the night before but Sunday is the day after their Wembley show and although it would mean 2 nights in a row it isn't unheard of for them and they do have a month off before their American tour. 

Isle of Wight festival exclusive 

3 hours ago, ourkid1984 said:

I agree. They'd be a great booking. 

Exclusivity can be temporary whilst there are tickets for sale. It might be more watertight, but we've seen it mean nothing in the past.

It's a more difficult booking, but not impossible.

24 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Exclusivity can be temporary whilst there are tickets for sale. It might be more watertight, but we've seen it mean nothing in the past.

It's not like the festival haven't found their way around exclusivity deals in the past.

41 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I really enjoyed them on their last tour and I think they'd go down well at Glastonbury.

I was kind of surprised that they didn't have 2 London nights booked and I was thinking maybe they see it as a nice way to finish their European tour. Hearing it as an exclusive for IOW makes it trickier and probably means they're not coming, but I suppose you can never rule out anyone until it's physically impossible for them not to be there.

1 hour ago, Nestacres said:

Who have they got round in the past? Genuine question. 

I think Metallica were meant to be exclusive somewhere the year they played. Hence them being announced officially very late in the day iirc.

And The Who were poached from a gig they were meant to be doing in Paris once.

Can't remember who it was now, but a female act that played the 2nd stage at Latitude in the last couple of years was down as a festival exclusive ended up also playing Glastonbury. 

However, is the vast majority of cases, exclusives remain exactly that. 

55 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Can't remember who it was now, but a female act that played the 2nd stage at Latitude in the last couple of years was down as a festival exclusive ended up also playing Glastonbury. 

However, is the vast majority of cases, exclusives remain exactly that. 

Phoebe Bridgers, but listed as ‘U.K. headliner exclusive’ so her appearing third down a stage at Glastonbury was technically not breaking the exclusivity, because the exclusivity was tenuous to begin with. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Phoebe Bridgers, but listed as ‘U.K. headliner exclusive’ so her appearing third down a stage at Glastonbury was technically not breaking the exclusivity, because the exclusivity was tenuous to begin with. 

Cheers, that was it. I'd forgotten the "headliner" bit to be honest. So basically only Metallica have broken the exclusive tab?

20 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Thats about it yeah. It’s very rare indeed.

Well thank f**k for that.

real-reason-why-robbie-williams-left-take-that-revealed.jpg.9f1639e4062630b72db54e64fe538552.jpg

Edit: I'm only half kidding. Robbie would be an absolute blast (in the legend slot, not headlining), I'd just need to make sure not to look at him or his trademark smugness would irritate the everloving sh*t out of me.

Edited by kalifire

A tangent from the Dua Lipa thread, on the basis that Houdini hasn't quite been the massively successful banger she must have been hoping for... has there ever been a time Glasto booked a headliner on the back of a successful album and subsequent momentum, only to have them stumble a bit post-signing but pre-performing?

I'm not suggesting Dua is in that place, I just started wondering whether that has ever happened.

Edited by kalifire

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

A tangent from the Dua Lipa thread, on the basis that Houdini hasn't quite been the massively successful banger she must have been hoping for... has there ever been a time Glasto booked a headliner on the back of a successful album and subsequent momentum, only to have them stumble a bit post-signing but pre-performing?

I'm not suggesting Dua is in that place, I just started wondering whether that has ever happened.

I can't think of any in that specific scenario. Several who glasto was the peak and post glasto album was a critical and commercial slide.