2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

32 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

The "even with Eilish" is misleading. I've been reading articles for years that put the average age of punters in the 40's.

No way... 30's maybe.  

But the data isn't collected.  Registrations don't have date of birth so other than sampling or guesswork they don't know.

7 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

The over 50 age group bring a lot to festivals imo.

I was at Noisily this year and it had a really good cohort of people over 40 there and even what looked like a good few well into their 70s and it was the better for it.

Bloody lovely too wasn't it! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Theyre not going to drop the price of the festival after the currant financial crisis goes away. Nobody does that. Thats a horrible strategy. It either stays the same or it will increase at a smaller increment. But its not going down.

How can the festival have bigger names at the top when they dont pay anyone anything. When you have to pay headliners a fifth of their real value, youre not just gonna offer the next artist up an extra £10k and say "fancy a night on the pyramid?". If Reading truly paid Arctics as much as was rumored, how does Glasto compete with that when it comes to anyone in general.

I would sooner have them cut costs than pass the book onto the punter.

The fees for the acts that are flavour of the month on radio1 must be higher than that paid for the kinds of acts who are coming through, playing medium sized venues. Just tilt the balance back in favour of the latter.

Then you could easily make cuts to the budgets for the late night things without sacrificing much on the experience side. When you’re gurning your tits off, how much do you honestly care about the production. Maybe it helps add to the vibe a little bit, but its mainly the drugs.

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

The fees for the acts that are flavour of the month on radio1 must be higher than that paid for the kinds of acts who are coming through, playing medium sized venues. Just tilt the balance back in favour of the latter.

Then you could easily make cuts to the budgets for the late night things without sacrificing much on the experience side. When you’re gurning your tits off, how much do you honestly care about the production. Maybe it helps add to the vibe a little bit, but its mainly the drugs.

As everyone has said though it's such a slippery slope when we start cutting things. Of all the things to cut why would want to get rid of the production? Seems weird. Shall the south east corner just be an open space with a few tables and desk speakers?

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

Strongly disagree. 

The SEC was created to set Glasto apart from the pack and give it a USP.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I don't think there is much difference the so called "Flavour of the month" will have the fee discounted by the record company as part of marketing.

This seems like an attack on music you don't like being more prominent at the festival

• Upvote 1

Nobody gets paid well for Glastonbury, top to bottom. Radio 1 buzz pop acts don't get what they probably expect, headline acts a fraction of what they'd get elsewhere, and smaller stage acts/DJs often just get paid in freebies.

I doubt they'll be putting much of this extra money into paying bands (why would they when acts willingly do it for less money anyway?). It'll just mean mid/lower level acts are forced to skip out completely or just look at it like a loss leader as part of a wider festival season and hope they get some promo out of it.

11 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I absolutely dispair at these statements, smacks of generalisation and ignorance 

If you cut takeaway the extremely well curated 'late night areas' as you call them, you end up with thousands and thousands of people with less to explore and enjoy during the night time, who will more than likely turn to the campsites for their entertainment instead and you likely end up with the anarchy you have at Reading year on year because there's nothing for people to do  

Edited by leath02

1 minute ago, Ell99 said:

Is the general consensus that there will also be price rises across the board for things like car parking passes, Worthy View/sticklinch/Tipis etc?

Car passes now £55 - is on the site - up from £50 (might be wrong)

Prices for Campervans are also on there - someone else would have to give you comparisons

Worthy View etc just spectulation at this point 

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Also, given they literally turned everything down on the Wednesday this year (case in point being having to watch beans on toast play using the smallest speaker I’ve ever seen on the bandstand)

Perhaps they could use some of these new spends to review the licence conditions.

Edit: can you tell my daughter had me up in the middle of the night 😂

Joey just messaged me to say since this post he's now banned on the site. Any idea why? @eFestivals is it a mistake?

20 minutes ago, leath02 said:

I absolutely dispair at these statements, smacks of generalisation and ignorance 

If you cut takeaway the extremely well curated 'late night areas' as you call them, you end up with thousands and thousands of people with less to explore and enjoy during the night time, who will more than likely turn to the campsites for their entertainment instead and you likely end up with the anarchy you have at Reading year on year because there's nothing for people to do  

Despair away ya big drama queen. Many people go out every week and have a gay old time without needing to watch a big metal spider farting out flames.

All I’m saying is that there are ways to save money, and spare the punter’s pocket without denuding the experience. Both in terms of the balance of acts on the lineup, and the cost of production, for the festival more widely, but specifically, the SE corner and arcadia spring to mind as presumably having high production costs which once one pingeths off thine tits, probably don’t accentuate the experience enough to justify the expense. You could get 99% of the effect with maybe 60% of the cost.

Edited by mattiloy

10 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Despair away ya big drama queen. Many people go out every week and have a gay old time without needing to watch a big metal spider farting out flames.

All I’m saying is that there are ways to save money, and spare the punter’s pocket without denuding the experience. Both in terms of the balance of acts on the lineup, and the cost of production, for the festival more widely, but specifically, the SE corner and arcadia spring to mind as presumably having high production costs which once one pingeths off thine tits, probably don’t accentuate the experience enough to justify the expense. You could get 99% of the effect with maybe 60% of the cost.

You're assuming a few things here which I think are unfair

Not everyone is pinging off their tits - I dont take drugs and frequent the SE Corner throughout the festival

Even for those who are pinging, it's nice to have stuff to look at - maybe you dont enjoy visual aids, but everyone I go with absolutely loves the immersive environment these areas of the festival create. Half our discussions in the mornigs at the tent are "did you see x and y" ... "how cool was that thing" etc etc. Partying for hours on end in repeated dark fields would be immesurably more boring and really detract from the overall feel of the festival. You might as well just go to a rave in a warehosue or a forest at that point. 

Alot of the production values you seemingly account to these areas are one off costs for the initial creation. Installations that are returning year on year are already owned by the festival and simply require rebuilding - yes ok there is a labour cost, but that labour costs is offset in part with tickets

Edited by leath02
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pop stars due it for the money but real bands do it for art's sake and love of the form - so it stands to reason that the latter are cheaper to hire.

On both sides, it's also the exposure they get afterwards. No coincidence that their careers or album sales rocket after playing a key Glastonbury set!

I think it would probably sell out even if tickets went to £500. So they aren’t rising the prices as much as they could have without impacting the demand.
As rubbish as it is and the fact it goes against the ethos of the festival, if people deem the price as too much now, then there are many people waiting in the wings to snap them up. 

Edited by st dan

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

The question that comes to mind is are we gonna see another inflationary increase next year. We're gonna breach £400 in a couple of years. 

£250 a few years back to £400. Really feel that mentally as much as in your pocket 

My gas and electric bill was £90 a month 2 years ago it's now £250 per month. so this isn't as bad as that.