ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Hello folks 👋 

Just dropping in to share ticket day couldn't have landed on a worst day for Swedge and Co. One of our group is getting married on the 5th, pretty much our entire crew will be there and the majority of us are staying at an Airbnb in the middle of nowhere in North England, which apparently has unreliable WiFi. 

We've got tickets in previous years thanks to trying from overseas (me from Sweden in 2019) or from offshore (my mate works o a rig and has gotten through almost every year). Neither is an option this year. 

So feeling pretty nervy this time around. Still, part of the fun eh? 😬

Swedge and Co. coach takeover maybe? Or a trip to a local mc donalds on sunday morning perhaps! Hope it goes well for your clan and enjoy the wedding!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

We've got tickets in previous years thanks to trying from overseas (me from Sweden in 2019) or from offshore (my mate works o a rig and has gotten through almost every year). Neither is an option this year. 

I've heard this quite often, that it is somehow 'easier' to get tickets from abroad. Is there any known logic behind this or is it just a legend of these parts?

This year will be my first time trying from Australia, so would actually be good news for once on my part.

33 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I've heard this quite often, that it is somehow 'easier' to get tickets from abroad. Is there any known logic behind this or is it just a legend of these parts?

This year will be my first time trying from Australia, so would actually be good news for once on my part.

Like most ticket day success anecdotes it's almost certainly just hear-say with little technical basis I'm afraid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, the amount of superstition I've heard of on ticket day makes me laugh. People have the same set up, play the same song beforehand, go to their parents - because "I always get tickets there and nowhere else", is always amusing.

I think people getting tickets from abroad perhaps are more likely to post about it, or it sounds more amazing because of the geographical distance, but in reality, we're all just logging on to the same website and it's luck of the draw.

That being said, I'm always impressed when some people have had luck going in the last 20 or more consecutive festivals, when there are others who have missed out for the last 5 or 6 or whatever. Seems so unfair sometimes, but that's the way of the road!

7 hours ago, EamerRed said:

A legend. Its completely random. A couple of years in a row I didnt even get near the ticket page. Last year I got tickets on my phone in the airport. Just use one browser and hit F5 and hope for the best  

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So anyone else going to have a sneaky wee look at the ticket sale page on the 6 and 9 October just in case😉

Deffo it might be that Christopher Lough guy at see tickets who didn't have a clue what was going on ..maybe he meant October 🤣 "he wouldn't refund duplicate CV tickets when 2 were bought with the same reg details... Eventually someone else at see processed the refund

Just out of curiosity, and I'm sure this question has been asked before. But what do people think the chances are of getting tickets going into the general sales? 50/50? 75%? More? I've been lucky to enough to get a ticket for every festival I've wanted to go to, which is the last four, and I've usually gotten through to the booking page on one of my own devices. Hearing about people who have been able to get tickets to the last 15+ festivals makes me think that if you're organised your chances must be pretty good. Assuming you're in a group of 6 and doing everything you can to increase your chances (multiple devices, wifi & 4G, different browsers, F5-F5-F5-F5 etc.) What do we reckon? 

3 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

Just out of curiosity, and I'm sure this question has been asked before. But what do people think the chances are of getting tickets going into the general sales? 50/50? 75%? More? I've been lucky to enough to get a ticket for every festival I've wanted to go to, which is the last four, and I've usually gotten through to the booking page on one of my own devices. Hearing about people who have been able to get tickets to the last 15+ festivals makes me think that if you're organised your chances must be pretty good. Assuming you're in a group of 6 and doing everything you can to increase your chances (multiple devices, wifi & 4G, different browsers, F5-F5-F5-F5 etc.) What do we reckon? 

The short answer is, "it depends".

Anecdotally, it's been somewhere around 75% the past few years - but that's based on success/failures reported on here, where people are more likely to be preparing ahead of time and throwing everything they have at it. I suspect if you counted everyone including the "roll out of bed at 5 past 9 just in case" types it probably drops to around 50%.

I’d agree with the guess of around 75% with a group of 6 fully committed people, we are part of 2 or more groups of 6 and our record over the years is a little better than that, but it was 100% for many years and it’s dropped quite a bit over the last few, more like 50% main sale, 25% resale, 25% working it. Either we’re getting worse at it or the demand is higher, or most likely we are fewer groups of 6 now, previously there would always be one person who’d get multiple group tickets. We often have friends helping too to boost our chances, which can work as long as they’ve been there and done it before.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:07 PM, dotdash79 said:

All the power is generated by generators so it will be the cost of fuel that will have the biggest impact and that’s come down a lot since summer. 

gonna go up again cos the pound has crashed.

54 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

I think it's about 20% per individual person trying with reasonable effort (maybe on a computer and on phone). So that goes up to 36% with two people, 49% with three, 60% with four, 67% with five and 74% with six. 

The 20% number is made up but the maths should be right and "feels" about correct to me.

8 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

There's alternatives to massively raising the price. They'll at least be considering making significant cuts in order to bring costs down. By which I mean ditching an entire stage or area.

Any other festival, yeah. I just don't think Glastonbury would go around slashing areas or stages. 

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales