The 1975

NorthernSoul52

On 1/6/2023 at 10:36 PM, Cian T said:

If anyones got any tickets going for the Cardiff dates please let me know!

- and a bit more on topic, they’d absolutely smash the pyramid!

Keep an eye on twickets, set up alerts. In the week leading up to a gig you tend to see more get listed.

I had my work plan a compulsory event on the very same night as the Cardiff gig so had to sell my tickets 😭 they were bought about 10 minutes after I listed them. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NoBuses said:

I've said it so many times but they were booked to headline 2021 way back then. Covid ruined that and momentum but it's built up again, i've never know arena shows with this ticket demand. Literally nothing on twickets and hardly any have been listed for any dates across the last few weeks.

I didn't know this. Makes me wonder why they picked AM rather than them for 2023 (assuming they were honouring bookings etc)

13 hours ago, NoBuses said:

I've said it so many times but they were booked to headline 2021 way back then. Covid ruined that and momentum but it's built up again, i've never know arena shows with this ticket demand. Literally nothing on twickets and hardly any have been listed for any dates across the last few weeks.

Always worth looking on Ticketmaster on the day of each gig for final production release batches

On 10/21/2022 at 7:01 PM, FloorFiller said:

The fallows year + Covid properly fucked then in a steady progression up the lineup. In another timeline, they might’ve had a pretty decent slot in 2018 (Other headliner? Pyramid sub?) and then almost definitely would’ve been headlining in 2021, but alas it wasn’t to be. Maybe there’s still a chance for them on the next album depending on who else is around at the time… but wouldn’t surprise me to see them return as a sub instead and that be their ceiling. 

Would almost certainly upstage whoever they are below as a sub i think. Their tour setup would have worked so well on Other stage - but ah well! I think they'll headline the pyramid at some point, currently on the backburner. Album seems to be doing well, better than the last one

14 hours ago, NoBuses said:

Think this is a bit of an exaggeration - heaps of acts do arena tours that are impossible to get tickets for on twickets?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Would almost certainly upstage whoever they are below as a sub i think. Their tour setup would have worked so well on Other stage - but ah well! I think they'll headline the pyramid at some point, currently on the backburner. Album seems to be doing well, better than the last one

Think this is a bit of an exaggeration - heaps of acts do arena tours that are impossible to get tickets for on twickets?

Yeah was more speaking for ones i've tried to get tickets for to be fair. To me they are the polar opposite to Arctic Monkeys (and I love them both), constantly self referential and mindful of their old material and fans so think a pyramid slot would be a real moment

15 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Was just having a look in the credits for About You to see who the girl singer was. Doesn't say, but I found out Jack Antonoff was involved in this album. Had no clue about that.

Seeing them sunday for the 4th time.

It’s Carly Holt, wife of Adam Hann.

Edited by WhoOdyssey
  • Like 1

They were really good tonight. Thought the second set after the half-time entertainment was better then the first half were they played the new album. They could do with cutting the Matty self-love bit in the middle of the set. That time would have been better used by playing another song or letting Taylor give us an extra tune.

9 hours ago, Dales said:

They were really good tonight. Thought the second set after the half-time entertainment was better then the first half were they played the new album. They could do with cutting the Matty self-love bit in the middle of the set. That time would have been better used by playing another song or letting Taylor give us an extra tune.

I guess they have to do the bit with Matty in the middle to allow them time to rearrange the set for the second half.

Superb show this is. Would take it over the Arctics anytime.

48 minutes ago, fingers_mark said:

I guess they have to do the bit with Matty in the middle to allow them time to rearrange the set for the second half.

Superb show this is. Would take it over the Arctics anytime.

Yeah, I get why they need to fill time when they need to do the stageing but I am one of those who always think you could have fitted in another tune 😊

Great show and I guess it's when rather then if, for those who want to see them headline Glastonbury.