Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

So - we’re discussing The Churnups jumping up the bill to headline or Blur/Pulp but there are two friends of the festival currently on tour that would prove popular but send this forum into meltdown - Chris Martin and the boys or Muse…

Muse are in Glasgow on Friday. We had tickets but resold them when we got  Glastonbury tickets .  Not a bad deal eh?

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

So - we’re discussing The Churnups jumping up the bill to headline or Blur/Pulp but there are two friends of the festival currently on tour that would prove popular but send this forum into meltdown - Chris Martin and the boys or Muse…

Coldplay are in Italy the night before. It would be a very different touring stage to their current world tour stadium stage. 

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

They would surely have announced the cancellation of Glastonbury today aswell if they were surely, rather than leave it too short notice.

If they do pull out then it has to be Blur, Pulp or Foos stepping up with either of the former in the 3rd slot. QOTSA would even be a great shout but think they’re in Cardiff.

Don’t want to hear any of this Lizzo/Capaldi/Styles rubbish. Has to be near like for like!

Also someone get hold of Emily’s phone and delete Chris Martin’s number! 

3 minutes ago, JP1994 said:

Don’t want to hear any of this Lizzo/Capaldi/Styles rubbish. Has to be near like for like!

No, it doesn't.

Flo wasn't (near) like for like for Foo Fighters.

Gorillaz weren't near like for like for U2.

Basement Jaxx weren't near like for like for Kylie.

The only one that can really be pointed to is Pulp replacing what remained of The Stone Roses, and that wasn't nailed on to be a success going in (several of the songs they played that night that went down so well and we'd now regard as classics were being played live for the very first time).

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Doesnt matter. If it was Elton everyone would be burning down the Pyramid. But in the end I think having a small reality check is good cause maybe this is the sacrifice made to the weather gods. Would you rather AM drop and have nice weather or its biblical and they stay on?

Sure - but its not lol

Health always comes first, nobody is debating that whether its Turner or Elton.

also they haven't dropped out yet, last time he had it he was back on the road in 4 days

22 minutes ago, JP1994 said:

They would surely have announced the cancellation of Glastonbury today aswell if they were surely, rather than leave it too short notice.

If they do pull out then it has to be Blur, Pulp or Foos stepping up with either of the former in the 3rd slot. QOTSA would even be a great shout but think they’re in Cardiff.

Also someone get hold of Emily’s phone and delete Chris Martin’s number! 

Not necessarily, Chems cancelled friday day of last year due to covid and then performed on sunday elsewhere. They'll be hanging on for as long as possible

If she can get her set up over from Ireland in a day, Lizzo makes the most sense. They are already calling her a headliner, why not make her a proper one. 

Obviously that then creates a problem for Saturday sub but probably easier to resolve than a missing headliner. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If she can get her set up over from Ireland in a day, Lizzo makes the most sense. They are already calling her a headliner, why not make her a proper one. 

Obviously that then creates a problem for Saturday sub but probably easier to resolve than a missing headliner. 

The Friday between the Irish show and Glastonbury is probably needed for a reason. It probably takes that long to get the kit to worthy farm.

24 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not necessarily, Chems cancelled friday day of last year due to covid and then performed on sunday elsewhere. They'll be hanging on for as long as possible

You’d think for a Pyramid headliner it would be a different kettle of fish. Millions would be watching worldwide etc.

Chems was only a DJ set on Arcadia wasn’t it?

Irish fan here who doesn't have glasto tickets this year ....

Couldn't be any more devastated. 

Can't decide if id be happier if they pull out on Fri and I feel it's a real unavoidable cancellation because genuinely too ill, or if I'd be happier to at least get the joy of a beer and BBC. 

Can't help but feel really disappointed and hard done by if it was a precautionary cancellation to protect glasto set. 

I mean understandable, but a punch to the gut.

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Might be difficult as they're in Glasgow that night. Even if Royal Blood opted out of the Glasgow date when they're supporting Muse everywhere else in order to play Glastonbury instead and Muse called up Twin Atlantic as a one-off support, which is a newsflash for those of us who were unaware Twin Atlantic were still a thing.

Edited by charlierc

18 minutes ago, am00 said:

Irish fan here who doesn't have glasto tickets this year ....

Couldn't be any more devastated. 

Can't decide if id be happier if they pull out on Fri and I feel it's a real unavoidable cancellation because genuinely too ill, or if I'd be happier to at least get the joy of a beer and BBC. 

Can't help but feel really disappointed and hard done by if it was a precautionary cancellation to protect glasto set. 

I think that must be what it was, now they will see how it plays out until Friday. I personally think he'll do it even if he sounds like a pigeon.

1 hour ago, am00 said:

If I was a betting man, I would hedge that that was indeed the reason. He was probably told it he had any chance of being ready for Glasto, he would not be able to do Dublin. Feel for you mate

4 hours ago, incident said:

No, it doesn't.

Flo wasn't (near) like for like for Foo Fighters.

Gorillaz weren't near like for like for U2.

Basement Jaxx weren't near like for like for Kylie.

The only one that can really be pointed to is Pulp replacing what remained of The Stone Roses, and that wasn't nailed on to be a success going in (several of the songs they played that night that went down so well and we'd now regard as classics were being played live for the very first time).

No one will beat Reading/Leeds swapping Rage against the Machine for 1975 as the worst ‘like for like’ haha