LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Headliners apart, it seems to be made up of entirely Roundhouse/Hammersmith Apollo sized acts. Pretty unimaginative. I fear that Glastobury's imperial phase is ending. Still an amazing weekend, but the real memorable stuff, the once in a lifetime, the stuff to keep you nourished when you're sitting in a nursing home wrapped in an unchanged nappy is going to be away from any of those main stages. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

No Stevie Nicks is a real shame. 

Although just the sun I think, they mentioned a few days back that they believed SZA was due to headline after  Madonna, Stevie and Nicks fell through.

I'm surprised Rodrigo was just called but then I don't think she had the length yet. The difference of her on that second line would be huge and with a gaping hole.

Just now, DanWhite said:

Is it ok to say that the line up is a massive disappointment BUT you will have an amazing time anyway?

I think it's fair to say that it's a slightly weaker lineup than recent years but I will still have a blast and there is lots there to keep me entertained.

24 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Haven’t been following the rumours this year so it’s all a bit of a surprise to me. If Sunday night’s headliners are SZA, The National and Justice then the latter is going to be insanely crowded. 

Correct. Dangerously so.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

When I was thinking Pulp were likely, Stevie Nicks had a good chance and Stevie f**king wonder was headlining it was easy to look past the Coldplays and nationals of the world. That lineup has so much beige the apathy is dripping out of me.

not a classic year , if i'd bought a £300 ticket based on previous line-ups, i'd be feeling mugged, i bet the instant sell-outs will now slow down.

25 minutes ago, JonnyG said:

My two 20-year old daughters are very excited by this line-up.

I just turned 30, and not a single person I know personally has said anything genuinely positive about it. The best I got was a "It's not all about the lineup" which was a very different tone to how that would usually be said 😂

Hope your daughters have a great time though