COFFEE at Glastonbury

One Tonne Baby

It's since my last Glastonbury in 2016 that I've become a multiple coffee a day person so this will be very helpful to me. That said when I'm after one i'll probably just go to the nearest place that looks half decent.

Does Worthy View have any good places?

So for 2019 data: https://www.festifood.eu/

Click the left menu thing, then click the tag "goodcoffee" and you'll see the several places I've got on the map.

The list of names is:

Callum's Real Coffee
Chapel Cross Coffee Rooms
Coffee and Cake
Commer Coffee Company
Donuts & Coffee
Donuts and Coffee
Greenpeace Café
Guicha
Hot Donuts
Jiggery Pokery
My Coffee Co
Passion 4 Juice
Rusty Pig
Smoky Tentacles
Steampunk Coffee
Tea and Toast
The Cake Hole
The Float
Vegetarian Food
Woods Cafe

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

The oat milk I've tried hasn't worked as well in tea for me, otherwise I'd be happy to switch. Maybe I just need to try a few more. 

Best one I've found is the Alpro Unsweetened. Never curdles in either tea or coffee (at least not for me) and doesn't overpower the tea flavour. It steams OK if I'm making a flat white or summat, but I expect one of the barista ones will probably foam better.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 1986 said:

It's since my last Glastonbury in 2016 that I've become a multiple coffee a day person so this will be very helpful to me. That said when I'm after one i'll probably just go to the nearest place that looks half decent.

Does Worthy View have any good places?

We last camped there in 2016 and there was a really decent coffee stall at the entrance near the shower/toilet block, served some breakfast items too, porridge etc. Coffee was really good!

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

This is our go to place in the morning. Decent coffee and a sit down on the benches in the shade for a peruse of the days events.

Another vote for the one on the left as you head up from Pyramid near Williams Green. They have great coffee, and also sell fresh donuts. A wee sit down at the benches first thing in the morning, a nice coffee, a fresh donut, and a read of the Guardian from the stall right on that corner. Followed by a visit to the long drops,  between WG and Kidney Mead, which are cleaned every morning around 6am. Too much info, I know.

Word of caution if you intend going there early.... the A&S police also seem to use here for their morning brew. Was unfortunate enough to be behind their mahoosive order one morning, but they did give me a free phone holder for my troubles.

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

On the actual subject I'm caught between taking my aeropress and just hoping I'm camped near a decent stall. 

It'll probably be the latter to help with packing as I'm on public transport this year. 

Going to invest in an aeropress for this year. There's something about being able to have a nice coffee sat outside the tent first thing without having to go wandering for it. 

Does anyone remember having iced coffee from most of these places? I love an iced espresso if it's hot and I'm flagging but I struggled to find a place with ice in 2019 (maybe due to the heat, maybe due to being in staff camping).

Also I'm hoping I can get an occasional triple iced espresso to make espresso martini with.... The canned stuff is grim.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Quark said:

Going to invest in an aeropress for this year. There's something about being able to have a nice coffee sat outside the tent first thing without having to go wandering for it. 

I have an Aeropress, but only took it once. My issue with it was my body associates caffeine with a long drop or compost loo visit, and, well, we all know how those can look at the campsites first thing. Campsite loos are not cleaned until later in the day. I prefer to wander in to the main site, where the cleaning crews have already finished, see my earlier  post and recommendation for Williams Green.

Perhaps I need my own thread regarding which loos do you visit and why.... I clearly have a fixation here.

23 minutes ago, croiz said:

Does anyone remember having iced coffee from most of these places? I love an iced espresso if it's hot and I'm flagging but I struggled to find a place with ice in 2019 (maybe due to the heat, maybe due to being in staff camping).

Also I'm hoping I can get an occasional triple iced espresso to make espresso martini with.... The canned stuff is grim.

I have iced espresso with vanilla vodka and kaluha in

40 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

On the actual subject I'm caught between taking my aeropress and just hoping I'm camped near a decent stall. 

It'll probably be the latter to help with packing as I'm on public transport this year. 

if you're in WV you'll be more than welcome to borrow mine 

+1 for Aeropress here too.

Maybe not the best coffee on site, but there's never a queue.

I also cook breakfast for myself as well. Just knowing that first meal of the day is going to be decent and obtained without much of a wait always sets me up for the day.

I’ve got a bean to cup machine at home and I eventually got to the point with coffee where I was drinking this stuff to be able to get any taste/stimulation benefit:

Presto Rocket Roast - Dark Roast... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FNM6VJT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I then started Invisalign (it’s to straighten your  teeth) and it’s such a hassle to drink coffee with it (every time you have a cup you have to take the trays out and brush your teeth) that I gave up on it and completely weened myself off of it.

I’ve now finished the Invisalign but have no inkling for coffee anymore, it’s a weird one because it’s not like alcohol which would have a major benefit from no longer drinking it. I’m sure I’d enjoy it if I started again, but it kind of seems pointless if I no longer want it? Is Coffee particularly bad for you in any way? (Looking for benefits of not drinking it again!)

I appreciate the question I’ve just asked is kind of the antithesis of this thread 🤣

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

3 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Moka pot for me. The coffee it produces is much sweeter than an aeropress (which is how i prefer it)

I just never managed to get the hang of the moka pot.  My old one (was fairly cheap) has degraded a bit so the coffee tastes really metallic, so going to have to buy something new either way. In the interests of space the aeropress is going to win I think, although I love the romanticism of a little pot bubbling away on my stove 🙂

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Oat milk is the best, then I’m again I’m vegan so I would say that, but I genuinely don’t know why anyone has milk anymore when you have oat milk as an alternative.

I don't like the taste of it. Give me proper milk any day. 

19 minutes ago, Quark said:

I just never managed to get the hang of the moka pot.  My old one (was fairly cheap) has degraded a bit so the coffee tastes really metallic, so going to have to buy something new either way. In the interests of space the aeropress is going to win I think, although I love the romanticism of a little pot bubbling away on my stove 🙂

It’s horses for courses. I have an aeropress too and I think it excels most at long coffees, whereas the moka is closer to an espresso shot.

Again in my humble opinion, good beans are 90% of the battle. You can’t make a decent coffee with any device without good beans. Grind size is also an important factor for compatibility.

My top tip for a late/flat white ‘in the field’ is to put hot milk into a one-cup cafetière and pump the filter up and down to foam the milk. Works spectacularly well.