Anyone started a list yet?

lingle

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

It's early so forgive me if this is obvious but how would writing your phone number on the phone itself help? Surely someone finding the phone would ring it from their own and yours would just ring in their other hand?? 🤔

I didn’t reply as I thought there was something I was missing … 

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

It's early so forgive me if this is obvious but how would writing your phone number on the phone itself help? Surely someone finding the phone would ring it from their own and yours would just ring in their other hand?? 🤔

Beat me to it. Presumably they mean write the phone number of an emergency contact / partner etc? 
We do this, but also wrote a note with all the contact details of the rest of our group and then screen shot it and set it as the lock screen:

050438BA-EABD-4CCC-B8BA-00815C54C2A4.thumb.png.f2351ab261df68c463bc7dd5683618a3.png

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

Beat me to it. Presumably they mean write the phone number of an emergency contact / partner etc? 
We do this, but also wrote a note with all the contact details of the rest of our group and then screen shot it and set it as the lock screen:

050438BA-EABD-4CCC-B8BA-00815C54C2A4.thumb.png.f2351ab261df68c463bc7dd5683618a3.png

Yup that would figure.....and the lock screen detail is a good move.  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Yea we do exactly this but a slightly more elegant design 🙃

Didn't lose any phones during the festival, but one of the group did misplace their phone on a night out in London a few months later and through tardiness hadn't changed their background... We all subsequently received phone calls and the phone was returned the next day!

IMG_5956.thumb.jpg.7d2e3b24e257ac45b7903e7d9f8cef83.jpg

12 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Didn't lose any phones during the festival, but one of the group did misplace their phone on a night out in London a few months later and through tardiness hadn't changed their background... We all subsequently received phone calls and the phone was returned the next day!

I love the design - if i find this design i'll know who to get a beer off!

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Good point, it's worth putting friends numbers on as well. If it's handed to lost property most phones have no battery power (and along with car keys) look the same.When collecting items from lost property identifying features make it easier to prove it's yours. 

Edited by NickM45
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If you have an iPhone the notes app actually has a function that enables you to check stuff off (probably available on other phones too).

CFEBE0F8-4720-4761-91A5-22FDE9F7DCC6.jpeg

120 litres? That’s some serious volume. I thought mine was big at 85L

One tip for those with a habit of losing phones. Attach a lanyard to it that can clip to your belt/bag. It’s very easy to lose a phone from your shorts pocket. 

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

120 litres? That’s some serious volume. I thought mine was big at 85L

One tip for those with a habit of losing phones. Attach a lanyard to it that can clip to your belt/bag. It’s very easy to lose a phone from your shorts pocket. 

Yeah, I’m not really one for making two trips to the car. As big a bag as I can get and a wheelbarrow for some other stuff.

Booze / cigarettes 

Squirty blackcurrant 

Protein bars 

Paracetamol 

Ibuprofen 

Coffee 

Multivitamin / Vit D 

5HTC

Battery pack 

Relevant cables / Bluetooth speaker 

Blanket 

Tent / air bed 

Bin bags 

Toilet roll 

Shower bar 

Hand sanitiser 

Baby wipes 

Cotton buds 

Deodorant 

Torch 

Lighter 

Bum bag 

Suitable footwear / clothes 

4 hours ago, leath02 said:

Pretty! 

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I didn’t reply as I thought there was something I was missing … 

Wouldn't it be if you taped your number to the back of the phone it would be very quick to recognise if handed in with no power out of a pile of 200 phones? 

7 hours ago, gazzared said:

Could trim it down to 3....put house key under suitable rock in front garden 🤣

To be fair Pilton Digger is usually the holder of the key.

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

or 2 ... pay with contactless on phone ? 

Again Pilton Digger is holder of the wallet

I'm like the queen, never carry cash.

Edited by deebeedoobee
.sp
  • Like 1