Róisín Murphy

stuartbert two hats

I've just been listening to Róisín Machine and I'd forgotten quite how good a record it is.  It sounds like a live performance, the way the tracks merge together.  Give her a Park headline set, play the album in full and top and tail it with her bigger hits, job done.   I'd be there*.  Quite impressive to release such a good album so many years into her career.

She was bloody good in 2016, be great to see her when it's not muddy and overcast.

* Clashes permitting, of course.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've just been listening to Róisín Machine and I'd forgotten quite how good a record it is.  It sounds like a live performance, the way the tracks merge together.  Give her a Park headline set, play the album in full and top and tail it with her bigger hits, job done.   I'd be there*.  Quite impressive to release such a good album so many years into her career.

She was bloody good in 2016, be great to see her when it's not muddy and overcast.

The remix album, Crooked Machine, is well worth checking out too.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Great album. Check the extended mixes of several of the tracks on the deluxe version too. Incapable is a good tune at 4 minutes but fantastic stretched out to 8+.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Great album. Check the extended mixes of several of the tracks on the deluxe version too. Incapable is a good tune at 4 minutes but fantastic stretched out to 8+.

Yeah, it was coming across that track on @Brave Sir Robin's playlist that made me revisit the album. I agree, it's miles better given more room to breathe.

Saw her on her last tour and she was fantastic. Album is an absolute bangerfest, but Murphy’s Law will always be my favourite. Proper dance floor filler that one. 

Unfortunately she seems destined to end up amongst some shitty clash in the evening, but hoping that’s not the case as I’d love to see her at Glastonbury touring this album. 

One of those acts who would fit in multiple places. 

Not sure if we have info on days she can play, but she could feasibly be top 1-3 on The Park or 2-3 JP.

Less likely but could also be top 2-3 WH or somewhere high up The Other.

”Best” slot for her IMO would be top 1-2 of The Park.

Deffo a chance she rocks up at Block 9/NYC Downlow too. 

Unmissable. Last saw her at Electric Picnic in Ireland in 2019, so glad I'm getting a chance to see her again. Her show in Dublin's Olympia Theatre sold out in a couple of hours. Hoping she'll turn up at All Together Now Festival in Waterford this year too.

The Crooked Machine Remixes album is sublime!

Watched her on West Holts a few years back. Went on my own as nobody else fancied it. It was great. Also loved The KLF t-shirt she wore.

Deffo on my must see list.

"Sing it back" reminds me of a Garlands "Fairies on the Mersey" ferry boat party from back in the day. Bit of a surreal experience sailing up and down the Mersey and everyone of their tits on a Sunday summers evening.