Initial poster thoughts! (come on, everyone loves a poll..)

Freddyflintstonree

Initial poster thoughts! (come on, everyone loves a poll..)  

375 members have voted

1. 1. First impression of the line up?

• Unbelievably good
    • Great
    • It's OK
    • A bit disappointed
    • Crap

Only real must sees for me are Diana Ross and The Avalanches (in case they disappear for 15 years again), but I'm also fully aware I'm no muso at all, especially compared to everyone on here. The lineup shouldn't be catered to people like me whose taste in music is poor and outdated at best. The last couple of years has made me regress into listening to the same old shit, and every Glastonbury I'm excited to listen to everyone on the poster and discover new favourites. Just wish there were some proper left field bookings we never saw coming, whilst I don't have a clue who a lot of the acts on that poster are, they were all rumoured to be there. No Katy Perry/Miley/Sheryl Crow/The National/Biffy Clyro style big, unexpected names. 

Edited by kingbadger

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Taking this point on for a second, I wonder which year has seen the most future headliners on the bill?

Not sure about the festival as a whole, but shout out to the Sunday on the now Other stage in 94, when Oasis, Radiohead, Pulp and Blur all played, with Spiritualized headlining!

23 minutes ago, waltere said:

Not sure about the festival as a whole, but shout out to the Sunday on the now Other stage in 94, when Oasis, Radiohead, Pulp and Blur all played, with Spiritualized headlining!

I imagine thats one of hte quickest turn arounds for that many bands on the same day to go from not headlining to almost all of them headlining over the next 3 years. 

42 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Only real must sees for me are Diana Ross and The Avalanches (in case they disappear for 15 years again), but I'm also fully aware I'm no muso at all, especially compared to everyone on here. The lineup shouldn't be catered to people like me whose taste in music is poor and outdated at best. The last couple of years has made me regress into listening to the same old shit, and every Glastonbury I'm excited to listen to everyone on the poster and discover new favourites. Just wish there were some proper left field bookings we never saw coming, whilst I don't have a clue who a lot of the acts on that poster are, they were all rumoured to be there. No Katy Perry/Miley/Sheryl Crow/The National/Biffy Clyro style big, unexpected names. 

Genuinely, the big unexpected names are people like Doja Cat, (wireless EU exclusive???) and Olivia Rodrigo, who there was a lot of yes and no's around her because shes not doing festivals and the rumour is that her record company wanted her doing smaller shows this tour as she's never toured before. 

The main reason why a lot of it has been predicted is because its been carried over from 2020, with just 'insert act that can replace act no longer able to do it' Aerosmith appearing, even though we knew they were there, would of also been a huge, out of left field get. 

Personally I don't see people like The National/Biffy Clyro who have both festival a fair lot, who were on tour around that time with new albums out/or on the way as left field suggestions. 

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Not had time to look at the poster yet, been too busy working but based on messages I’ve been seeing on my phone I’m look forward to seeing The Who. Always been on my list to see. 

They are having you on sorry. Or they are lost in the past and need rescuing

I’ve tried to re-read the poster to fool myself and get hyped up, but ultimately this is the most disappointed I’ve been out from the first poster drop out of every Glastonbury I’ve been too.

Only must see for me are Kendrick and Diana Ross and Noel. I’m happy with a few others such as Blossoms, Bicep, Four Tet and Holly Humberstone, plus I’ll see Macca as it feels like one of those events I’ll remember being at, but outside of that nothing has tickled my fancy. There’s more to come and it’s Glastonbury so I’ll never run out of things to do, but I was hoping for a couple of surprises or names I’d really fancied seeing on there of whom are touring across the summer. Not that I expected them, but was hoping for one/two of Paolo Nutini (Transmit), Bombay Bicycle Club, King Gizz, Dave to name a few.

Also the majority of the acts I was really looking forward to in 2020 seem to have dropped off the line up! Dua Lipa, Taylor, Anderson Paak, Dizzee, Earthgang, Kano, Lana, London Grammar, Robyn and Thom Yorke! I was hoping that I’d still see the majority of these but really gutted not too.

I am hoping that some of the above come through and find their way on to the line up, but all in all I’m just glad I have a ticket after having two years away from the place. Great to see most on the forum happy with the lineup which is always a nice thing!

Bit of an anticlimax after 2020 for sure, in the sense that you knew of a lot that was coming. In fact this has been the least excited I've been about a lineup - normally I'm glued to here and the poster when I should be working. Gutted no Paak, Taylot or Specials, chuffed that St Vincent and Khruanbin are added.

There's at least 30 I would want to see on there so it must be doing something right.

6 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Genuinely, the big unexpected names are people like Doja Cat, (wireless EU exclusive???) and Olivia Rodrigo, who there was a lot of yes and no's around her because shes not doing festivals and the rumour is that her record company wanted her doing smaller shows this tour as she's never toured before. 

The main reason why a lot of it has been predicted is because its been carried over from 2020, with just 'insert act that can replace act no longer able to do it' Aerosmith appearing, even though we knew they were there, would of also been a huge, out of left field get. 

Personally I don't see people like The National/Biffy Clyro who have both festival a fair lot, who were on tour around that time with new albums out/or on the way as left field suggestions. 

Thing is those acts were still hyped on here over the winter as possibles. The National/Biffy were kinda dismissed early doors from 2017's discussion as unlikely, so them being on the poster was somewhat a surprise. Similar to Beck in 2016, yes he was around Europe but nothing pointed to or suggested he'd be at Glastonbury that year other than blind faith. 

In previous years, the poster has led to people creating new threads on here dedicated to an act nobody had predicted. That's not happened this time round. 

13 hours ago, aj6658 said:

For me after 2 enforced fallow years and this still being technically being the 50th its fine.

Headliners 

- Billie - dont like her music and think a massive downgrade on Taylor (crowd would be much more sing along with her) 

- Macca - Hes fine but your excitement over him is correlated to your age. 

- Kendrick - brilliant and would put on a great show 

Theres just something missing I feel like. This is the consensus of a 30 strong group going 

The excitement over Macca correlates purely to how well your ears and brain function. 

For me, I'm absolutely buzzing with this lineup! Taylor aside, some amazing names there, and some acts I look forward to listening more to, as well as discovering some new ones. Stand outs for me include Kendrick and Doja. Looking forward to see the dance acts that'll get added at a later point, and hopefully some more rap. Am very excited though to say the least, when I first read the lineup I thought it was fake; especially having so many potential future headliners on there!