The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

25 minutes ago, mazola said:

When it's too hot it makes 8 hours of each day very hard to cope with

When it's too wet it makes 24 hours of each day very hard to cope with

My sentiments exactly and put more succinctly than I’m able to. Thank you.

You don’t know what a hot festival is like until you’ve been to one that needs water cannons installed around the stages to spray a fine mist on to everyone as the temps are pushing 40 degrees.

When you’ve done 7 days of that in a row a little bit of hazy Somerset sunshine is a breeze. 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

You don’t know what a hot festival is like until you’ve been to one that needs water cannons installed around the stages to spray a fine mist on to everyone as the temps are pushing 40 degrees.

When you’ve done 7 days of that in a row a little bit of hazy Somerset sunshine is a breeze. 

Benicassim 2007 they sent small planes over the top of the campsites to drop water on us so we could cool down!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mazola said:

When it's too hot it makes 8 hours of each day very hard to cope with

When it's too wet it makes 24 hours of each day very hard to cope with

depends on the too bit. Sunrises at 4am, sets at 10pm, so can be much longer than 8 hours.

Whereas if too wet you just hide in your tent or a beer tent for 24 hours a day.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

depends on the too bit. Sunrises at 4am, sets at 10pm, so can be much longer than 8 hours.

Whereas if too wet you just hide in your tent or a beer tent for 24 hours a day.

Considering the sun is up when a lot of people 'go to bed' I can't imagine it's too nice trying to sleep in hot weather... In all my camping years I've always avoided being inside a tent on warm days, even poly cotton isn't great on the hottest days. Although I'm not sure what the newer F&B tents are like. 

netweather monthly forecast was updated the other day...

Rest of month: Monday 20th June - Tuesday 28th June

Confidence is low for this period, but the most likely outcome is that the weather will stay relatively settled with high pressure often close to or over the British Isles. There is a significant chance that northerly winds may return at times with high pressure becoming centred further north and west, resulting in western areas having the warmest and sunniest weather, and the east, especially near North Sea coasts, being more prone to cooler cloudier weather. Temperatures are thus expected to be above normal again in the west, nearer normal in the east, with most regions drier than average, and it will also probably be sunnier than normal in the west.

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/long-range/monthly

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

less smelly, less headachy, less flesh, more British.

God Save The Queen.

(I don't want it cold actually, I just don't want it hot. Something like today would be pretty good)

Yep overcast and about 20 is perfect although I’m in the minority on this forum who would take 16 over 19 as I just found it too hot, mud is fine as long as it’s not actually raining.

4 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Yep overcast and about 20 is perfect although I’m in the minority on this forum who would take 16 over 19 as I just found it too hot, mud is fine as long as it’s not actually raining.

with you there bro.

Saying that it can be too muddy...I've been to some of the spectacularly muddy ones and the novelty soon wears off and it just becomes exhausting.

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Dry > Wet

Sunny > Overcast

Warm > Blisteringly hot

but this is where the blistering hot definition comes in. For me 25C is blisteringly hot.

And if sun is out during middle of day and no breeze then can definitely feel blisteringly hot for poor old stevie.

Ok. This is what I want, what I really really want.

Morning Cool and cloudy till late morning, sun/cloud for a few hours, cloud till late afternoon, sunny in evening. Max temp 18C. Night time min temperature 14C. No rain. Slight breeze. I will not accept anything else.

Edited by steviewevie

i came home from 2019 looking like a squashie, but what a weekend it was. id love us to have similar weather, stock up on sun cream & bring a bigger water bottle so the trips to the refill points are less frequent. this idea of wanting it cooler because it was too hot is so British. we go abroad for sunny weather so why not when were using our glorious work holidays at the greatest place on earth! 

• Upvote 2