The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m not even interested in this thread … 

Is what it is. 

Obviously everybody wants sun, but after 3 long fucking years I couldn’t give a shit. 

Gimme cider, music and 180k pals. Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

It needs to warm up.

I think we've had three fake springs so far. We're back to, "too cold for this time of year, when will spring actually start properly", again here now for the last few days.

It’s officially here, Chris and Michaela are back with Springwatch! All is good now 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

It needs to warm up.

I think we've had three fake springs so far. We're back to, "too cold for this time of year, when will spring actually start properly", again here now for the last few days.

Yeah, been a bit of a pattern throughout the spring that.  Another mild, fairly dry winter followed by a spring that never really sprung.  Positive spin on that is that May was dry on the whole, so even if we had a week or more of crappy weather in the early part of June it's not like to have much of an effect. 

Everything to play for right now, as far as I'm concerned.

31 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just checking into the thread for the first time. Sorry, but TLDR.

Have we got Gavin or JackOne this year? Anyone at Netweather taking an interest yet? 

Yep - see link to Gav’s and Netweather posts above 
it’s all happening in this thread 😀

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just checking into the thread for the first time. Sorry, but TLDR.

Have we got Gavin or JackOne this year? Anyone at Netweather taking an interest yet? 

Glasto thread not started quite yet. Plenty of debate on the summer forecast model discussion thread, which generally concludes that nothing beyond 5 days can be trusted. The thread is heavily moderated, but it's interesting to see how heated the debate can be, with people wedded to positive or negative interpretation of the models.  There's one who seems particularly Nal-like!

I come on here every so often and lurk.. i have very little to say! but i love this forum and the people on it even though i know none of you - it's an amazing community!!

There's an outdoors people saying

there's no such thing as bad weather – only bad clothing

Don't worry about the weather - even if it's wet it's not going to be cold!  there's fk all you can do about it anyway - just be prepared. I  had the time of my life 2016 watching the Destroyers at 1am while my feet were stuck firmly in mud - and i came in 2005 with a tent I bought from asda for £10 the day before the festival which leaked and piss flowed through it.... i still had a great time!!

This will be my 9th Glasto - come with an energy that you'll enjoy it whatever - and that energy will spread around everyone else!!

Golden rule in life - Control the controllables!!!!

cheers all! 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, March Hare said:

At this point, post line up, it is the single most important thread and it affects us ALL ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️🌧☀️

This thread is irrelevant compared to @deebeedoobee’s ram jam jar and sticky stick and @Sawdusty surfer’s state of the ground. 

Edited by blutarsky

3 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I disagree. That’s a bit like saying you don’t need the holy spirit. You need all three

I’m not up on my scripture, but I’m fairly sure sticking a tent peg into some rock hard ground is more tangible than god. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

They don't even know when and where it's going to rain this weekend, let alone in 3 weeks time.

I can tell you why that is the case but don't want to send you to sleep but in layman's. 

Its the unpredictable nature of the rainfall during warm weather rather the traditional Atlantic Lows we see in the winter. A storm front in winter comes with several days warning. In warm weather, it can drop a months worth of rain in a day in Castle Cary and be bone dry in Pilton.

And becoming more intense and unpredictable due to Climate change

10 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I’m not up on my scripture, but I’m fairly sure sticking a tent peg into some rock hard ground is more tangible than god. 

😂 For some people, Glastonbury is a spiritual place and I’m saying good things come in threes. Like Best, Law and Charlton

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What happened to this super super computer that was supposed to be incredible I heard about 3 or 4 years ago ? Was supposed to be amazing for local forecasting 

It went the way of air conditioned stadiums and artificial clouds at the Qatar world cup

9 minutes ago, March Hare said:

😂 For some people, Glastonbury is a spiritual place and I’m saying good things come in threes. Like Best, Law and Charlton

You lost me by choosing United. Salah, Mane and Firmino…! 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What happened to this super super computer that was supposed to be incredible I heard about 3 or 4 years ago ? Was supposed to be amazing for local forecasting 

Dont know, but America now has the most powerful super computer on the planet. Its capable of 1.1 exaflops. Maybe we'll let ya borrow it for a week or 2 so the forecast can be accurate.

20 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I can tell you why that is the case but don't want to send you to sleep but in layman's. 

Its the unpredictable nature of the rainfall during warm weather rather the traditional Atlantic Lows we see in the winter. A storm front in winter comes with several days warning. In warm weather, it can drop a months worth of rain in a day in Castle Cary and be bone dry in Pilton.

And becoming more intense and unpredictable due to Climate change

I guess they can forecast will definitely be dry if a massive high stuck over the top of us.