The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ffs. Don't think I can handle a heatwave

Me neither tbf. It’s just such bloody hard work. I’m made out of delicate skin and lobbing spf30 on twice a day gets very boring very quickly. Cloud cover dammit, I want cloud cover, this is England 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Me neither tbf. It’s just such bloody hard work. I’m made out of delicate skin and lobbing spf30 on twice a day gets very boring very quickly. Cloud cover dammit, I want cloud cover, this is England 

Bit of a gamble splashing out on kit on the off chance it’s gonna be a scorcher. But a good hat, loose long sleeve lightweight t-shirts and long hiking trousers are actually pretty comfy in very hot weather - and remove the need for any sun cream, unless you put a bit on your hands & face to make sure. 

Obviously it’s not the most stylish choice, so depends what you want to prioritise 😂

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I can recommend using p20, gives you protection all day. I used it in 2019 and it was perfect, actually felt like I didn’t feel the heat as much with it on either.

Is it spray on? It looks like it! Now this I like! 

@jimmillen you’ve pretty much described my dress style (or ‘style’ 🤣) but I’m of Irish extraction and have the ability to get sunburnt through a T-shirt. It’d almost be impressive if it wasn’t such a crap superhero ability 

5 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Just caught up with a friend who works for the Environment Agency, specifically in flood prevention. I've asked her to give me a heads-up in the weeks leading up to Glasto and she is on-board.

We’re going to need a name here if we’re going to deify her here.

10 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Bit of a gamble splashing out on kit on the off chance it’s gonna be a scorcher. But a good hat, loose long sleeve lightweight t-shirts and long hiking trousers are actually pretty comfy in very hot weather - and remove the need for any sun cream, unless you put a bit on your hands & face to make sure. 

Obviously it’s not the most stylish choice, so depends what you want to prioritise 😂

This. Apparently my outfit is "very nerdy" but hell, rain or shine and I'm ready. Light and fast dry. Just need a poncho if it goes the wrong way (it won't). 

48 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s average room temperature. If you have a problem with these temps you should go see a doctor. 

Correct.  It's probably glandular.