The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

perfect weather for me: dry and cool at set-up on the wednesday, then brightening up for two days of approx 22 degrees ensuring that shorts and tshirts with a hoodie will see you through the whole day, massive rainstorm overnight thurs/fri morning which is wet enough to necessitate wellies, then itll clear up again and the floor will be dry enough to sit on from sat morning for the rest of the festival. 

i want to get mud on my wellies and have some weather war stories to tell, but dont want it actually bad enough to affect anything. Easy! 

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d say the perfect weather is dry but not too hot. You want it to be warm enough to be able wander around in shorts and t-shirts all day but not so hot that it becomes uncomfortable, as you say, shade is a premium out there. Being dry is a non-negotiable too, being able to sit on the ground is a game changer and makes or breaks the weekend.

TLDR: Dry, about 22-25 degrees, some cloud every now and then and a cool breeze.

This but with a light drizzle of rain each morning before dawn to keep the dust under control.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:24 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I’d say the perfect weather is dry but not too hot. You want it to be warm enough to be able wander around in shorts and t-shirts all day but not so hot that it becomes uncomfortable, as you say, shade is a premium out there. Being dry is a non-negotiable too, being able to sit on the ground is a game changer and makes or breaks the weekend.

TLDR: Dry, about 22-25 degrees, some cloud every now and then and a cool breeze.

Agreed. 🙂 

I reckon Perfect weather for G is 23-25* C, generally sunny but with passing fluffy cloud, the sort that sit on top of rising warm air, to give you respite from the sun, clouding over as the sun goes down to trap the heat in, a very light shower in the early hours to keep any dust at bay, but not every night. Wake up to clear blue skies, birds singing and the smell of your misses cooking bacon.

Edited by Smeble

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

How many people did this actually impact? Was it just one the one field flooded?

It was mostly the bottom of Pennards.. A few other areas turned into lakes (certinaly the area around the cider bus, and the area where Left Field is now), but I think Pennards was the only camping field seriously hit.

Of course it helped that the weather was great aside from that ~4 hour overnight rainstorm, and so the bulk of the site had dried out by Saturday evening.

34 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Oh yeah, here we go. 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/145134-canoe-to-glastonbury/?do=findComment&comment=3253490

I’d love to hear the story of where on earth the canoe came from…

I believe the story goes that these guys came to the festival and had set up a beach hut theme in their camp. The canoe was part of this set-up and then came in rather convenient!