What single Glastonbury moment are you looking forward to in 2022?

kalifire

Sorry but I can't reduce it to one:

The sense of anticipation on the coach and in the queue.

Getting my wristband - that will finally make it real.

Finding my camping group - hugs & more hugs - & pitching tent.

Cracking 1st can - I never do this until tent is up.

eFest meet - hugs and laughs.

The aura of joy that pervades that part of Somerset for 5 days.

10 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Sorry but I can't reduce it to one:

The sense of anticipation on the coach and in the queue.

Getting my wristband - that will finally make it real.

Finding my camping group - hugs & more hugs - & pitching tent.

Cracking 1st can - I never do this until tent is up.

eFest meet - hugs and laughs.

The aura of joy that pervades that part of Somerset for 5 days.

Love this 💜

On 2/10/2021 at 8:53 AM, Wellyboot said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Shaun discover the site and take it all in as he's not been before!

All of your comments @Wellyboot but there's nothing like showing newbies round for the first time and seeing the looks of amazement on their faces.

Just now, grumpyhack said:

All of your comments @Wellyboot but there's nothing like showing newbies round for the first time and seeing the looks of amazement on their faces.

I'm so excited!! I think he thinks I'm a crazy person the way i bang on about it, so as well as seeing his face and how much he loves it, I'm really excited for him to realise I'm actually not (that) crazy 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm so excited!! I think he thinks I'm a crazy person the way i bang on about it, so as well as seeing his face and how much he loves it, I'm really excited for him to realise I'm actually not (that) crazy 🙂 

It's when he gets there, looks around, looks back at you and says "yeah, it's alright I suppose"

I guess I should reply given I created the thread. I completely agree that there’s so much it’s tough to reduce it to one. 

If I had to, it would be the build up. I’m fascinated by the logistics of it all; the process of preparing something of this scale. The fence, the tents, the lighting, the number of people on site, the creation of something so epic for such a short period of time... I absolutely love late April until the festival itself. 

Edited by kalifire

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

getting the wristband on and walking in the gate .

2 hours ago, duke88 said:

Walking through the gate, then crying my eyes out!

This so much!! I will cry like a baby!!

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I guess I should reply given I created the thread. I completely agree that there’s so much it’s tough to reduce it to one. 

If I had to, it would be the build up. I’m fascinated by the logistics of it all; the process of preparing something of this scale. The fence, the tents, the lighting, the number of people on site, the creation of something so epic for such a short period of time... I absolutely love late April until the festival itself. 

Isnt it just so exciting!! When will we get the map, the full line up, the weather thread, the state of the ground thread.. them few months in the build up are so exciting! I never get any work done cos im always on here 😂

On 2/9/2021 at 10:49 PM, stuie said:

Maceo’s on the Monday night will proper go off like.

Oh yeah. Absofuckinglutely. 

Arrive there Monday morning, waiting for everyone else to get there. Despite traveling the furthest I usually stay somewhere close by on Sunday night so I'm normally first in. There'll be some people I won't have seen for 2 years. Then once everyone is set up, head in through gate B and that first view of the Pyramid. 

5 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

This so much!! I will cry like a baby!!

Isnt it just so exciting!! When will we get the map, the full line up, the weather thread, the state of the ground thread.. them few months in the build up are so exciting! I never get any work done cos im always on here 😂

I hate to say it but with 17 months to go, you are always on here already....😉

This thread is pure torture for me as i am ticketless... and i am not in the least bit confident..

Every post on here deserves a 👍 but i have to give the virtual upvote to @grumpyhack.... I too love that Tuesday evening on the hill, a belly full of chilli and red wine, with friends and family in awe of the sight/site laid out before you... a marvellous sense of anticipation.

I wont miss the slow amble (4 times) past the eFests meet on the Wednesday evening because i am too much of a wuss to walk in..

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

I hate to say it but with 17 months to go, you are always on here already....😉

This thread is pure torture for me as i am ticketless... and i am not in the least bit confident..

Every post on here deserves a 👍 but i have to give the virtual upvote to @grumpyhack.... I too love that Tuesday evening on the hill, a belly full of chilli and red wine, with friends and family in awe of the sight/site laid out before you... a marvellous sense of anticipation.

I wont miss the slow amble (4 times) past the eFests meet on the Wednesday evening because i am too much of a wuss to walk in..

You've got to hold on to hope @BlueDaze  Although tickets will have rolled over again, there will be some who won't be able to make it and there will be some sort of resale.  Meanwhile you've got the EFest Virtual meets to break you in gently.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:56 PM, faymondo said:

First can after putting the tent up.

On 2/10/2021 at 4:53 AM, John the Moth said:

First can after pitching the tents and having that “right, let’s go” moment.

This. Feeling of relief, joy and expectation for the next 5 days. Frankly the best feeling in the world. Ever.