Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

8 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah but every year we get the odd claimed exclusive that turns out to be bollocks and they play Glasto.

Obviously more often than not they are telling the truth, but with Phoebe Bridgers having a random Birmingham date on the Sunday of Glasto and being on the 2020 lineup I don’t see any chance that she’s not playing.

Oh, I agree that there's a reasonable chance they're talking shit (and not for the first time) - but I don't see that the conveniently scheduled show in June as definitive proof of that. Would say that their statement at minimum puts things a bit more up in the air than we thought.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I said Flo was a sub and you all denied it as a chance!!!

Way more likely to do a secret set imo. As I said before, its not out of charachter for her to just not do UK festivals. 

In terms of announced stuff she'll probably make an appearance at Big Weekend again and then do her own things. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

If Florence is on that poster it would be possibly the biggest result possible for me, but I maintain I’d be gutted that she’d taken the step down. 

Makes sense to me. She probably wants to play and it would be fucking glorious.

Flo as a headliner does nothing for me.
Flo as a sub headliner is really big. 

If Phoebe is really a UK exclusive 'headliner' then it'll be a shame to not see her on the lineup but I wouldn't be surprised to see a new album by next festival and her to get a pretty good slot. If she's not on the poster, I'll be going to Brixton. 

17 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

He did indeed. Always hoped that was down to pre-existing arrangements being honoured rather than them thinking that album was acceptable.

I think in the spectrum of famous musician trangressions its fairly mild. Imo its probs not enough to make him persona non grata. But what do I know. I guess I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bill, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t. So we’ll wait and see!

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Ok, well at least Snow Patrol wasnt tagged as an exclusive. 

We keep forgetting about Snow Patrol (as do most people). They were originally third down the Other in 2019 but had to pull out last minute, definitely wouldn't be shocked to see them back in that position.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

We keep forgetting about Snow Patrol (as do most people). They were originally third down the Other in 2019 but had to pull out last minute, definitely wouldn't be shocked to see them back in that position.

I mean I was surprised they werent on the initial 2020 poster, but now plenty of time passed to let it happen again.  In regards to clout or anything of the sort theyre still an act thats headlining some fests and selling out arenas. I was scrambling to check if they were an exclusive or not cause my gf would be rightly pissed off with them not having a shot given the gap they have around that weekend.

Phoebe's tour dates don't make sense for her to play one gig in the UK on 26 June, to then do a load of EU dates starting 30 June to then go back to the UK for Latitude and a couple of shows. Pretty poor planning, she's in the UK for some reason - either going to Glastonbury as a punter or playing. It won't be the first time a UK festival exclusive hasn't applied to a Glastonbury slot. 

Screenshot_20220301-113052_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I mean I was surprised they werent on the initial 2020 poster, but now plenty of time passed to let it happen again.  In regards to clout or anything of the sort theyre still an act thats headlining some fests and selling out arenas. I was scrambling to check if they were an exclusive or not cause my gf would be rightly pissed off with them not having a shot given the gap they have around that weekend.

Yeah they're not popular on here but they're a very big booking for early evening Other stage. If you put them up against a younger act on the Pyramid I think they'd draw a pretty big crowd.

Its interesting to see how heavily they are pushing Phoebe Bridgers - on the email i got sent it said Lewis Capaldi, Foals, Phoebe Bridgers and then cut off - crazy they weren't advertising a literal headliner over a second stage headliner.

image.png.55c8fc4fac115790fdbe870a3fcb8ada.png

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its interesting to see how heavily they are pushing Phoebe Bridgers - on the email i got sent it said Lewis Capaldi, Foals, Phoebe Bridgers and then cut off - crazy they weren't advertising a literal headliner over a second stage headliner.

image.png.55c8fc4fac115790fdbe870a3fcb8ada.png

Probably because booking Snow Patrol to headline a festival in 2022 is very embarrassing. 

• Like 1

I feel like it would be a misstep for Phoebe to take the bigger cash for an exclusive at Latitude than take a slot at Glastonbury. Might be a smaller pay day at Glastonbury but the exposure is tenfold. It’s THE festival to be playing this summer.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I feel like it would be a misstep for Phoebe to take the bigger cash for an exclusive at Latitude than take a slot at Glastonbury. Might be a smaller pay day at Glastonbury but the exposure is tenfold. It’s THE festival to be playing this summer.

I agree, it’s probably the case for a few acts who were booked low down in 2020 and have got bigger since but to me it makes sense to play slightly lower down, play in front of a bigger crowd than you would at headliner time and benefit from the exposure. It helps to be in the festivals good books too, makes it a bit easier to get a big slot on your next album.