Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Latitude announces some major stuff later on e.g. Damon last year and I think there was something else major too that got added

The later Latitude announcements tend to be more focused on the Comedy side rather than Music, and it looks like there's not a huge amount of space left on the 2 larger stages. Doesn't help that they've stopped doing the Lake Stage.

Damon was a big name, but it was a theoretically low key spot on a tiny stage playing not-Blur and not-Gorillaz.

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

Honestly, it looks like Glasto will have Flo this year. Maybe as secret set, but I can't imagine her doing 0 UK festivals...

We still have at least one mystery sub slot that needs filling (although that would rule her out of being a possible future headliner), but yeah I’m expecting that she’ll end up being a Park or John Peel secret set if she’s not on the full lineup. 

If Kendrick hadn't announced that Italy date I'd now be convinced she was headlining El Pointo.

BST still has a space, I know most think it'll be the Stones but she does have a good relationship with that festival and has played it a few times in the past... That's pretty much the only other place for her to go.

Failing that it's probably an arena tour in Autumn/Winter and a massive tilt on the fests next year.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

If Kendrick hadn't announced that Italy date I'd now be convinced she was headlining El Pointo.

BST still has a space, I know most think it'll be the Stones but she does have a good relationship with that festival and has played it a few times in the past... That's pretty much the only other place for her to go.

Failing that it's probably an arena tour in Autumn/Winter and a massive tilt on the fests next year.

The only other possibility is - Foals were rumoured to be headlining Wilderness (which has their announcement next week). Can't see them doing both that and Latitude in the same year. Flo seems a bit large for Wilderness (24,000 capacity) but not impossibly so and would be a perfect fit musically / stylistically.

They're both FR affairs, and so it'd be possible for them to juggle acts around as suits best.

Of course the above is all speculation and could be miles off.

14 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

Another one for Tom Jones - day before the Longleat show on 23rd. Nothing until Denmark the following Thursday.

274988083_5454232291273309_4364840449032813465_n.jpg.7b0a3691eee5704ecd90bb4c9f0168be.jpg

Saturday below Haim.

15 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Honestly, it looks like Glasto will have Flo this year. Maybe as secret set, but I can't imagine her doing 0 UK festivals...

Yeah I think they might have Jack, Noel and Florence for the subs. It would mix it up rather than having 3 male fronted bands as subs. Biffy Clyro is unlikely for me, there has only been 1 festival take place since they last subbed it.

1 minute ago, Spider43 said:

Phoebe Bridgers as a lattitude exclusive..  Surprising thought she was nailed on for Glasto.

Well shit, didn’t see that coming.

At least that’s removes any chance of her being amongst a big clash, I guess…

Unless it’s just one of those bullshit exclusives to sell tickets before Glastonbury’s lineup is out…

2 minutes ago, incident said:

It's certainly what they're claiming - "will headline in a UK festival exclusive" is the exact terminology they used.

Yeah but every year we get the odd claimed exclusive that turns out to be bollocks and they play Glasto.

Obviously more often than not they are telling the truth, but with Phoebe Bridgers having a random Birmingham date on the Sunday of Glasto and being on the 2020 lineup I don’t see any chance that she’s not playing.